+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - Pakistani Students 2021

KhanZi

Jan 18, 2021
Hi. Has anyone who applied from Pakistan received an update (request for Passport or visa acceptance etc.) on their SDS Application? I applied for SDS Canada with upfront medical and got my biometrics done on 15th Dec 2020 and no response. Now recently I have been hearing that they are not processing Pakistani students SDS applications, is that true?

ahmsun

Jan 31, 2021
I also applied for SDS on 27th of September 2020, with an upfront medical, and had my biometrics done on 30th September 2020, after that there has been no response. I used to check for mail and updates on application page, now i don't.
Besides that a friend of mine who applied somewhere in June/July got visa on 11th January 2021, now he is in Canada waiting for his classes to start next month.

ahmsun

Jan 31, 2021
I also applied for SDS on 27th of September 2020, with an upfront medical, and had my biometrics done on 30th September 2020, after that there has been no response. I used to check for mail and updates on application page, now i don't.
Besides that a friend of mine who applied somewhere in June/July got visa on 11th January 2021, now he is in Canada waiting for his classes to start next month.
On 22nd February the status updated on my visa application, stating under Review of Medical results,
"February 22, 2021 You passed the medical exam."
now lets see how much more time, till the final verdict!

TubaZ

Feb 23, 2021
Hey guys any luck with your applications. I'm applying for student visa under SDS along with SOWP and would like to know what other documents should I attach other than those listed under the visa requirements in my account? Also, any guidelines on writing SOP's for spouse OWP and Student visa would be highly appreciated! Good luck.

ahmsun

Jan 31, 2021
Hey guys any luck with your applications. I'm applying for student visa under SDS along with SOWP and would like to know what other documents should I attach other than those listed under the visa requirements in my account? Also, any guidelines on writing SOP's for spouse OWP and Student visa would be highly appreciated! Good luck.
Justo got my decision on 8th april, Rejected, even thought i paid GIC before hand in the nova scotia bank and more than the suggested amount. I paid the 1st year fee beforehand, yet got rejection,

These were the reasons given in letter:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Second reason, i would say ok its hard to judge why did he say that, but as far as first reason is concerned, never ever in my whole extended family a single person ever visited Canada! so i just wonder if he thought i was trudeau's brother! HAHAHAAH! seriously what a lame way to reject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aesopzai

sdsip7s

Mar 4, 2021
I'm Pakistani! But from Australia. Should I better be applying as SDS Or non SDS.
Although you are a Pakistani but If you are living in Australia currently, you application will be considered under non sds application.

Yousaf7

Apr 11, 2021
Although you are a Pakistani but If you are living in Australia currently, you application will be considered under non sds application.
SDS or non-SDS increase or decrease the chance of visa?
Secondly I have been in Australia for over 6 years almost, do I need to take ielts
And what's the difference between AEC, DEC AND DVS.
As an international student, will I need to study atleast two semesters a year?
Thanks in advance

Username01

Jan 11, 2021
I applied on 1st Jan 2021, but I am yet to receive any update neither my medical got updated nor my eligibility review started, the last update is on 2nd Jan that's when my biometric was updated.
My classes are due to start by May 17th.

Any advice on what should I do?

sdsip7s

Mar 4, 2021
I applied on 1st Jan 2021, but I am yet to receive any update neither my medical got updated nor my eligibility review started, the last update is on 2nd Jan that's when my biometric was updated.
My classes are due to start by May 17th.

Any advice on what should I do?
Write an email to Pakistan Consulate General Toronto for this delay. They are resolving Pakistani delay cases by writing to IRCC directly.

TubaZ

Feb 23, 2021
Hi Guys, Can you please tell me the list of documents that you guys attached to your SDS application.
Or please indicate if I'm missing something:
GIC Docs
1st Year fee
Upfront medical receipt
IELTS
POA/ LOA
Most recent transcripts i.e. Bachelors
SOP
affidavit of support for 2nd year fee/ living
Marriage certificate
Resume

Is there anything else you guys would suggest for SDS?

optimisticky

May 20, 2020
Write an email to Pakistan Consulate General Toronto for this delay. They are resolving Pakistani delay cases by writing to IRCC directly.
Hey, do you know of anyone who has done that and been successful? If so, how does one contact the Pakistan Consulate General in Toronto?