+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sds for double MAsters

neelluu

Jul 22, 2019
i have completed MS in EE. Now I want to apply for MEng under SDS. Is there anyone who has applied for Masters after one Masters education? What are the chances that I get visa?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
i have completed MS in EE. Now I want to apply for MEng under SDS. Is there anyone who has applied for Masters after one Masters education? What are the chances that I get visa?
How are your grades?
How are your work experiences?
Why do you need another Masters?
Why do you need a Masters in Engineering when you already have one in EE?

You need to answer those questions clearly and precisely in your application. If you have solid answers for those questions, you have a decent chance of approval.

neelluu

Jul 22, 2019
My grades in undergrad and MS are 82% and 80% respectively. I have work experience of 10 years as a lecturer. I calculated my crs which are 400 with CLB9. I checked on the website last year which were 440 plus. May b due to age or some other factor in score calculations has been changed. So I was thinking of applying for double Masters and get visa. Definitely it would be an easier option. Though I will b applying for phd too.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
My grades in undergrad and MS are 82% and 80% respectively. I have work experience of 10 years as a lecturer. I calculated my crs which are 400 with CLB9. I checked on the website last year which were 440 plus. May b due to age or some other factor in score calculations has been changed. So I was thinking of applying for double Masters and get visa. Definitely it would be an easier option. Though I will b applying for phd too.
Your grades and work experiences are all very good. But you still need to explain why you would want to pursue another Masters and why another Masters in the field you have applied for?
Going for PhD is definitely the better choice. Masters to PhD is a natural and logical progression and I would strong recommend going that path.