+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS for aspiring Pilots

uas94_3-8

Nov 8, 2019
Hi,

Two main SDS eligibilty criteria are:
  1. proof that you’ve paid the tuition fees for your first year of study
  2. have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000
But in case of flight training, the first point does not make any sense to me. Flight training is usually done at students own pace, and the flying school that I am interested in says

Payment for training is done after each lesson. There is no need to make lump sum payments for your course. Students are able to setup a bank account with one of our local Canadian Banks when they have a letter from our company indicating their status as a student. Students will then be able to pay for their training using their debit card supplied by the bank directly from their own bank account...
(other flying academies have similar stance)

So how can I prove that I have paid tuition fees for the first year of study when there is no exact timeline of the course, since the pace is decided at student's own discretion and performance?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,

Two main SDS eligibilty criteria are:
  1. proof that you’ve paid the tuition fees for your first year of study
  2. have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000
But in case of flight training, the first point does not make any sense to me. Flight training is usually done at students own pace, and the flying school that I am interested in says

(other flying academies have similar stance)

So how can I prove that I have paid tuition fees for the first year of study when there is no exact timeline of the course, since the pace is decided at student's own discretion and performance?

Harvs Air ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Nope. Toronto Airways
Whatever duration is mentioned on the LOA.

Mostly for international students, doing flight training the LOA will say 1 year .

So then you’ll have to show proof of payment for whole year.

I’ve been through that.

Reactions: uas94_3-8

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
If you convince them to say 2 years on LOA, then you’ll have to show proof of payment for half course . Which is 1 year .

uas94_3-8

Nov 8, 2019
If you convince them to say 2 years on LOA, then you’ll have to show proof of payment for half course . Which is 1 year .
Thank you!

Please also elaborate what does tuition fees refer to in this case. They sent me an Excel sheet with cost breakdown separating tuition, ground school, instructor fees, flying cost, hour building for CPL, medical, and examination cost. Should I show proof of payment for the whole program or just the tuition fees.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thank you!

Please also elaborate what does tuition fees refer to in this case. They sent me an Excel sheet with cost breakdown separating tuition, ground school, instructor fees, flying cost, hour building for CPL, medical, and examination cost. Should I show proof of payment for the whole program or just the tuition fees.
Flying schools follow rules and for international students they’re supposed to give a fixed schedule, time frame on the LOA mentioning how long it is gonna be.

You need to talk to your school and ask them about it.
If they’re gonna mention 1 yr then you’ll need to pay all that.

Speak to them.