+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2023 - IRCC Strike Implications

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @archanajossy No, I haven't cause I know that they don't work and don't attract any attention from the IRCC officers. I sent four webforms last year, received two or three (can't remember) automated replies, which did not mean a thing. There is no way to influence the processing time of our applications, we just need to wait patiently or impatiently (like me) :p

Hey, have you raised any webforms after it crossed the normal processing time?

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
Hey @archanajossy No, I haven't cause I know that they don't work and don't attract any attention from the IRCC officers. I sent four webforms last year, received two or three (can't remember) automated replies, which did not mean a thing. There is no way to influence the processing time of our applications, we just need to wait patiently or impatiently (like me) :p

Oh. However, I have used a webform during my PR process on a few occasions. I used to get responses. While waiting for my PR card, I submitted an online form and received a message about the shipment of my card within two days. That's not how it works with student visas, I take it?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I suspect there might be a difference when the inquiry in the webform is very specific to the applicant and when it is a general inquiry about the status of the study permit application. In case of status inquiry, the IRCC simply sends a standard automated reply. However, I've seen many people on this forum alone who said their more detailed inquiries about additional documents, change of information and specific questions remained unanswered or given the same automated replies. In fact, come to think of it, I can't think of anyone who reported a personalized response to their inquiries via a webform.

Oh. However, I have used a webform during my PR process on a few occasions. I used to get responses. While waiting for my PR card, I submitted an online form and received a message about the shipment of my card within two days. That's not how it works with student visas, I take it?

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
I suspect there might be a difference when the inquiry in the webform is very specific to the applicant and when it is a general inquiry about the status of the study permit application. In case of status inquiry, the IRCC simply sends a standard automated reply. However, I've seen many people on this forum alone who said their more detailed inquiries about additional documents, change of information and specific questions remained unanswered or given the same automated replies. In fact, come to think of it, I can't think of anyone who reported a personalized response to their inquiries via a webform.

Yea. My sister was just informed by the agency that another applicant who filed a webform on the same day she did was granted approval two days ago. To submit her new offer letter, she will need to create a web form which we can consider as another try. However, that won't matter either, and approval will be based on the offer letter for the May intake (if approval is even happening).

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
From our GCMS Notes last year, I can say that all webforms and additional documents that you send will be immediately attached to your application regardless to which office your are sending them (I sent mine to Canada, Beijing, Guangzhou). We could see all our webforms on our application in our Notes. The point here is, that your webform reaches the IRCC immediately and goes into your case immediately. However, it is given as much attention as is given to your application in general. If the application is not moving forward on its own, webforms won't speed up the process.

With regards to your sister's new LOA, I think there is a chance that her application will be assessed using the new one, but this chance is very small. More often than not, the IRCC considers the original application unless it is them who make a request of you to send them any additional / new documents.

In any case, as always, good luck to you! :)

Yea. My sister was just informed by the agency that another applicant who filed a webform on the same day she did was granted approval two days ago. To submit her new offer letter, she will need to create a web form which we can consider as another try. However, that won't matter either, and approval will be based on the offer letter for the May intake (if approval is even happening).

Reactions: archanajossy

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
From our GCMS Notes last year, I can say that all webforms and additional documents that you send will be immediately attached to your application regardless to which office your are sending them (I sent mine to Canada, Beijing, Guangzhou). We could see all our webforms on our application in our Notes. The point here is, that your webform reaches the IRCC immediately and goes into your case immediately. However, it is given as much attention as is given to your application in general. If the application is not moving forward on its own, webforms won't speed up the process.

With regards to your sister's new LOA, I think there is a chance that her application will be assessed using the new one, but this chance is very small. More often than not, the IRCC considers the original application unless it is them who make a request of you to send them any additional / new documents.

In any case, as always, good luck to you! :)

I appreciate you taking the time to explain that thoroughly. The information is appreciated. There are still three months to go. But I'm crossing my fingers for a decision soon. A long time has passed since we had a peaceful night's sleep. For a time now, there has been nothing but uncertainty.

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @archanajossy! No worries at all! I know how frustrating this all is as we feel exact same way as your family. There is no explanation as to why our applications get delayed way past 7 weeks reported on the IRCC website and no way of telling when we are going to get our results. And this is just becoming not funny anymore, plain craziness.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain that thoroughly. The information is appreciated. There are still three months to go. But I'm crossing my fingers for a decision soon. A long time has passed since we had a peaceful night's sleep. For a time now, there has been nothing but uncertainty.

Reactions: archanajossy

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
Hey @archanajossy! No worries at all! I know how frustrating this all is as we feel exact same way as your family. There is no explanation as to why our applications get delayed way past 7 weeks reported on the IRCC website and no way of telling when we are going to get our results. And this is just becoming not funny anymore, plain craziness.
Let's put our faith in God and work towards a positive outcome while keeping our fingers crossed. There are some things that are both worth the wait and the struggle to obtain them. I hope everything works out for all of us.

Reactions: parrots