+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2023 - IRCC Strike Implications

fui-pra-lá

Apr 25, 2023
I submitted on March 30th under SDS too.
Biometrics on April 10th, updated only on 19th.
Since then, my status is unchanged.
Writing from Brazil.

yenna

Apr 25, 2023
Applied from Pakistan under the SDS category. Biometrics were submitted on 11th April, updated on IRCC Client same day and on the 19th on the tracker tool.
Hey there may I ask when you were able to login the tracker tool please? I submitted my SDS on 17 April and completed biometrics on 19April but I cannot create new account in the tracker tool (I posted to ask in this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-sds-cannot-login-the-application-tracker-website.795249/#post-10443547 ). Could you let me know when you created the tracker account please? Is it right after you completed biometrics?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Don't withdraw. Just wait! Withdrawing, I've recently learnt, will take 16 weeks. Therefore, it does not make any sense to withdraw whatsoever. Stay hopeful!

Waiting for a decision. Enrolled for May intake. College also not providing online classes. Ircc not giving any decision. There is no seats available for next 2 intake. Its a mess. Unnecessary stress, uncertainty, disappointment… I think its time to withdraw…

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @fui-pra-lá and @10yearhopeful It seems that you are one of the many (including myself) who got their applications updated on April 19. This seems weird to me as that was the day when the IRCC went on strike. We haven't had any updates after that. What do you guys think about this weird update, was it an automated one for all SP applicants?

I submitted on March 30th under SDS too.
Biometrics on April 10th, updated only on 19th.
Since then, my status is unchanged.
Writing from Brazil.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @yenna You can create your Tracker account here https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Hey there may I ask when you were able to login the tracker tool please? I submitted my SDS on 17 April and completed biometrics on 19April but I cannot create new account in the tracker tool (I posted to ask in this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-sds-cannot-login-the-application-tracker-website.795249/#post-10443547 ). Could you let me know when you created the tracker account please? Is it right after you completed biometrics?

yenna

Apr 25, 2023
Yah I did try many times but cannot create, when I enters my UCI, Application Number, and so on, and click "Next Step" button, it just stops there without performing any action or showing error message. I uploaded a video capture here: https://youtube.com/shorts/Uw-KcvgLOSY?feature=share

Could you let me know when you created the tracker account please? Is it right after you completed biometrics?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @yenna Yes, I created our profiles after our application was submitted and biometrics completed. Please, check all other information as well (date of birth, place of birth, name). I also hope this has nothing to do with the strike and the service itself is working. From your video, it looks like there is some kind of technical error, which is not that uncommon for the IRCC websites. Please, try waiting and / or reloading in a different browser also.

Yah I did try many times but cannot create, when I enters my UCI, Application Number, and so on, and click "Next Step" button, it just stops there without performing any action or showing error message. I uploaded a video capture here: https://youtube.com/shorts/Uw-KcvgLOSY?feature=share

Could you let me know when you created the tracker account please? Is it right after you completed biometrics?

Reactions: yenna

yenna

Apr 25, 2023
Hey @yenna Yes, I created our profiles after our application was submitted and biometrics completed. Please, check all other information as well (date of birth, place of birth, name). I also hope this has nothing to do with the strike and the service itself is working. From your video, it looks like there is some kind of technical error, which is not that uncommon for the IRCC websites. Please, try waiting and / or reloading in a different browser also.
Yah thank you for the info. I did try with different devices and browsers but same result. No redirecting and no error message :( I did submit webform but no reply so far. I know many pp do not use this tracker tool to track application status, they only use GCkey account, but since I know that I cannot create account in this tracker tool I feel more worry hahaha, not sure what is wrong with my application >.<

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Oh, don't be worry for this reason for sure! If you have received a letter of application confirmation and your application number and you can access your application in GCkey, your application is in progress and there is nothing to worry about. Everything else are just technical errors that might happen. When did you submit your application and from which country?

Yah thank you for the info. I did try with different devices and browsers but same result. No redirecting and no error message :( I did submit webform but no reply so far. I know many pp do not use this tracker tool to track application status, they only use GCkey account, but since I know that I cannot create account in this tracker tool I feel more worry hahaha, not sure what is wrong with my application >.<

Reactions: yenna

yenna

Apr 25, 2023
Oh, don't be worry for this reason for sure! If you have received a letter of application confirmation and your application number and you can access your application in GCkey, your application is in progress and there is nothing to worry about. Everything else are just technical errors that might happen. When did you submit your application and from which country?
I submitted on 17 April and completed biometrics on 19 April, been 9 days already that’s why I feel it’s not normal when I cannot create new account. I applied from Vietnam :)

fui-pra-lá

Apr 25, 2023
Hey @fui-pra-lá and @10yearhopeful It seems that you are one of the many (including myself) who got their applications updated on April 19. This seems weird to me as that was the day when the IRCC went on strike. We haven't had any updates after that. What do you guys think about this weird update, was it an automated one for all SP applicants?
Yes, probably.
I am wondering 3 scenarios here.
1 - IRCC already got the awnser from Brazil-SP, but it not uploading anything
2 - IRCC is responsible for review the application and it is super slow
3 - Everything is stuck in a limbo that only the end of the strike can move things up

Can you share your timeline?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @fui-pra-lá! Yeah, I'm not sure about 1, but I agree on 2 and 3, it feels that way.

Sure, we applied SP + OWP on February 16 SDS. My medical was updated on March 20. And this one April 19 update of my Biometrics to "Complete" and my husband's Biometrics to "In Progress".

Yes, probably.
I am wondering 3 scenarios here.
1 - IRCC already got the awnser from Brazil-SP, but it not uploading anything
2 - IRCC is responsible for review the application and it is super slow
3 - Everything is stuck in a limbo that only the end of the strike can move things up

Can you share your timeline?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @yenna Are you an SDS applicant? Yes, it's not normal, but it has nothing to do with your application. If you put in all the information correctly, there must be some issue with the Tracker.

I submitted on 17 April and completed biometrics on 19 April, been 9 days already that’s why I feel it’s not normal when I cannot create new account. I applied from Vietnam :)

fui-pra-lá

Apr 25, 2023
Hey @fui-pra-lá! Yeah, I'm not sure about 1, but I agree on 2 and 3, it feels that way.

Sure, we applied SP + OWP on February 16 SDS. My medical was updated on March 20. And this one April 19 update of my Biometrics to "Complete" and my husband's Biometrics to "In Progress".
I just got a confirmation from the brazil embassy that the SDS visa can be analyzed in every country. The financial part from SDS is done in Edmonton though.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yeah, potentially SDS could / should / would / supposed to be processed locally, but it definitely wasn't the case in 2022 and doesn't look like being one in 2023 either..

I just got a confirmation from the brazil embassy that the SDS visa can be analyzed in every country. The financial part from SDS is done in Edmonton though.