+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
It says eligibility is still being checked. Same for background check. But final decision says approved and submit Passport. Hopefully there'll be no problem.

Good Luck to you to my friend. My application time was considerably good, so I expect good things for you as well.
Hi,
Do you mind sharing your timeline? Was this your first application? Did you previously get any refusals? Which category did you apply to previously and this time? Please share everything lol.
I applied under Non-SDS twice in Sept and Oct. Both got refusals. Reapplied through SDS on Nov 4. Still waiting. And also which college and course did you opt for?

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
Here is my nephew's file update Jan 2023 intake

SDS Application Date 12 October
Upfront medical updated 8 Nov
PPR 28 November
No sop, no financial documents

Reactions: parth7aug

V9962

Nov 24, 2022
Here is my nephew's file update Jan 2023 intake

SDS Application Date 12 October
Upfront medical updated 8 Nov
PPR 28 November
No sop, no financial documents
Now that's what I call being luckyyyy!! I reapplied on 12th October and they're still reviewing my eligibility :// I applied for the Jan intake and I'm doubting it'll even get through in time‍

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
Now that's what I call being luckyyyy!! I reapplied on 12th October and they're still reviewing my eligibility :// I applied for the Jan intake and I'm doubting it'll even get through in time‍
In SDS category they don't ask for sop or any other financial documents other than GIC

V9962

Nov 24, 2022
In SDS category they don't ask for sop or any other financial documents other than GIC

I've applied in the SDS category too but my agent asked me to provide a strong sop to support the application. Good for your nephew though!!!

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
I've applied in the SDS category too but my agent asked me to provide a strong sop to support the application. Good for your nephew though!!!
Yes but my thinking if you want to explain about you background if you have any red flag then SOP is ok
If your profile is straight forward no need to attach anything more documents more doubt

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I have the same
I just got the passport request today, and eligibility and background are not changed. Only the final decision change to : your application is approved.
People say that when the passport is stamped, we'll receive the LOI and eligibility will change
When IRCC receives your passport, they can do either of the following:

1. Stamp your passport, send it back to you and upload a Letter of Introduction to your profile.
2. Refuse to stamp your passport (because your document is damaged, altered or any other red flag) and send it back to you along with a letter explaining why they did not stamp it.

So even though passport request means your application is "initially approved", there's still a small chance of something going south.

• Angry
Reactions: TiniTan28

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
When IRCC receives your passport, they can do either of the following:

1. Stamp your passport, send it back to you and upload a Letter of Introduction to your profile.
2. Refuse to stamp your passport (because your document is damaged, altered or any other red flag) and send it back to you along with a letter explaining why they did not stamp it.

So even though passport request means your application is "initially approved", there's still a small chance of something going south.
I am optimist that they will stamp it

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
Hello All,
Just wanted to share some good news. Finally!
1) Applied on Sept 17 (Non-SDS)
Refusal recd. on Sept 27.
2) Re-applied on Oct 4 (Non-SDS)
Refusal recd. on 21 Oct.
3) Re-applied on Nov 4 (SDS)
Recd. PPR on Dec 2.
Hope this is good!

A strong SOP is very helpful. And also I recommend showing your other financials apart from GIC in SDS. Other financials also help!
Hope nothing goes wrong now! *fingers crossed*
More details about my application:
BComm completed in 2018 (no backlogs)
Started working 2018 at HSBC Bank for 2 years. Later joined Wells Fargo Bank for 1 year. Currently working at State Street Bank.
The refusal reasons were same both the times:
1) I am not satisfied you will leave Canada......
2) The purpose of your visit is not Consistent......
3) Your proposed study is not reasonable in light of your previous studies and qualifications......

Also note, I had an EE profile as well. I mentioned in all my SOPs as follows;
"I currently have an application submitted for Permanent Residency through the Express Entry System under the Federal Skilled Workers program.
If for whatever reason, my permanent residency application is refused, I fully intend to exit Canada when my study permit expires. If I’m refused a Study Permit, I will miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious universities in the world and I would not be able to gain the knowledge and experience that I so desperately crave."

Please give all the info in SOP and do not hide anything. I gave all the info and re-applied for the third time. Please don't get demotivated and stressed. I know I was stressed and demotivated a lot. lol. But try not to at least.

If you guys require any more info or help, please send me a mail at parth7aug@gmail.com

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hello All,
Just wanted to share some good news. Finally!
1) Applied on Sept 17 (Non-SDS)
Refusal recd. on Sept 27.
2) Re-applied on Oct 4 (Non-SDS)
Refusal recd. on 21 Oct
3) Re-applied on Nov 4 (SDS)
Recd. PPR on Dec 2.
Hope this is good!

A strong SOP is very helpful. And also I recommend showing your other financials apart from GIC in SDS. Other financials also help!
Hope nothing goes wrong now! *fingers crossed*
More details about my application:
BComm completed in 2018 (no backlogs)
Started working 2018 at HSBC Bank for 2 years. Later joined Wells Fargo Bank for 1 year. Currently working at State Street Bank.
The refusal reasons were same both the times:
1) I am not satisfied you will leave Canada......
2) The purpose of your visit is not Consistent......
3) Your proposed study is not reasonable in light of your previous studies and qualifications......

Also note, I had an EE profile as well. I mentioned in all my SOPs as follows;
"I currently have an application submitted for Permanent Residency through the Express Entry System under the Federal Skilled Workers program.
If for whatever reason, my permanent residency application is refused, I fully intend to exit Canada when my study permit expires. If I’m refused a Study Permit, I will miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious universities in the world and I would not be able to gain the knowledge and experience that I so desperately crave."

Please give all the info in SOP and do not hide anything. I gave all the info and re-applied for the third time. Please don't get demotivated and stressed. I know I was stressed and demotivated a lot. lol. But try not to at least.

If you guys require any more info or help, please send me a mail at parth7aug@gmail.com
Hi @parth7aug! Thank you for sharing your story! This is such an inspiring and motivating news! Congratulations to you! :)

Which country did you apply from? What did you improve in terms of documents and how did you improve your SOP so that they made your third application successful? Did you apply on your own all three times or used help from lawyers or consultants?

The processing times are amazing also! It seems that recently no-one complains about processing delays. Is SDS back to normal 20 days these days? This is a question for everyone :)

Reactions: parth7aug

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
Hi @parth7aug! Thank you for sharing your story! This is such an inspiring and motivating news! Congratulations to you! :)

Which country did you apply from? What did you improve in terms of documents and how did you improve your SOP so that they made your third application successful? Did you apply on your own all three times or used help from lawyers or consultants?

The processing times are amazing also! It seems that recently no-one complains about processing delays. Is SDS back to normal 20 days these days? This is a question for everyone :)
Hi,
Thanks!
I applied from India. In the first two applications (Non-SDS) I did not have the GIC. That was the major change in the third application. For Non-SDS I uploaded all the transcripts from my 10th to graduation, my offer job offer letters, payslips, and exp letters. In the third application, I removed the additional transcripts and only uploaded the most recent one i.e., graduation transcripts. Also removed the payslips and previous offer letters. Just uploaded the exp letters. Added the GIC and in terms of SOP, I did not make a long SOP. I kept it short to 2 pages. Very crisp and clear and also gave all the info.
Mentioned more points about my family ties in India like I'm the only son of my parents and my father is retired already. So, I need to definitely come back and take over his firm and also take care of my aging parents as it's my responsibility and I'm grateful to fulfill that responsibility. Kind of made a more emotional appeal that I also need to fill my father's shoes and be able to provide for them as they provided for me all my life. Previous SOPs were long 5-6 pages where I mentioned my childhood and ambitions and a lot more. Had a couple of philosophical quotes. Removed all that in the third SOP and just went straight to the point addressing the points in the previous refusals. I think what I understood from this is to not put any unnecessary documents. Just upload what is mentioned. Don't make the SOP too long for the officer to read as there are already many documents uploaded and they need to go through a lot. So they won't take much time for SOP as it would seem just like another common SOP with quotes from famous people. Keep it short and cut to the chase. And make an emotional appeal to convince them that you WILL come back and have strong family ties. You have no other option. Just throw as many family ties as possible at them lol.
I applied on my own all three times. I did not believe that the third application was approved in a month. I thought it would take a few months and I will have to change the plans and defer the course to next semester. But a good immigration lawyer would be helpful as they have experience and up-to-date info. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH ANY CONSULTANCIES. IT'S A SCAM. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY. The process is very straightforward and easy. And you have this blog for help too!
Okay, I'm done now lol...
Where are you from? Student in Canada?

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
Hi Guys,
Also wanted to know if anyone got a request for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from IRCC. Because IRCC hasn't requested me in my application.

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hi Guys,
Also wanted to know if anyone got a request for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from IRCC. Because IRCC hasn't requested me in my application.
It's not a compulsory document like biometrics and medical and IRCC wont request it. You can add it as a supporting document in your application.