+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
Hello here again ;

Applying for SP from China for January Intake 2023 (I defer from 2022 Sept. Intake)

Previous Refusal Brief Timeline:

1st Application in: June (Got refusal letter in August 2nd)

2nd Re-application in: August (Got refusal letter in September 8th)

3rd Re-application: Timeline (NOT SDS)

Application Submission: Sept. 27, 2022
Biometrics updated: Sept 27, 2022 (from my 2017 application)
Medical Request: October 11, 2022 (I never provide upfront medical in any of my previous application)
Medical Done: 13 Oct. (Update & Passed on 14th Oct.)
Additional file request: Oct. 11, 2022 (Police Certificate)
Additional file submitted: Today October 18, 2022

Eligibility: Under Review (October 12, 2022)
Background: In-process
Final decision: Application in Progress.

I believe getting Medical Request Letter this time is really a good sign, I wish everyone of us here good luck in our application.

Dweep

Oct 3, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Student visa applied under SDS
intake jan 2023
Application : 07 october 2022 2.00 AM
Biometric letter: 07 october 2022 7.00 AM
Biometrics done: 12 October 2022
Biometrics uploaded: pending
Medical upfront and passed : 29 september done and passed pending
Additional documents Fees Slip GIC 10k, additional funds 10lakh ruppee. had 7 yr canada visitor visa and visited canada and returned also back.

Eligibility: Not started
Medical: pending
Background: pending
Final decision pending

PS my agent from canada is doing everything i did nothing. lets hope.. i dont have the cic login.

Reactions: PP62

Shardul10

Oct 24, 2022
Hello,

Applying for SP SDS from India for January Intake 2023.
Course : Project Management
College : Humber college

Profile : MBA (Marketing), 3.5 years work exp in Account management.

Application Brief Timeline:

Initial Application : August 24th (Got refusal letter on October 11th)
Biometrics : August 29th
Medical result : October 11th
VO (as per Biometrics correspondence letter) : Edmonton, AB
Refusal Reason : I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors: (Strangely, there are no factors mentioned after this)

Re-worked on SOP, gave property details, job prospects in India, entrepreneurial ambitions and brief on passion projects in India.

Re-application : October 16th

Hoping for the best.

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
Hello,

Applying for SP SDS from India for January Intake 2023.
Course : Project Management
College : Humber college

Profile : MBA (Marketing), 3.5 years work exp in Account management.

Application Brief Timeline:

Initial Application : August 24th (Got refusal letter on October 11th)
Medical result : October 11th
VO (as per Biometrics correspondence letter) : Edmonton, AB
Refusal Reason : I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors: (Strangely, there are no factors mentioned after this)

Re-worked on SOP, gave property details, job prospects in India, entrepreneurial ambitions and brief on passion projects in India.

Re-application : October 16th

Hoping for the best.
no worries.. Good Luck for second attempt..

Reactions: Shardul10

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
SDS India Approved:

Applied: September 4, 2022
Biometrics: 3-4 days after applied
Medical Passed: October 15, 2022
Approval: October 26, 2022

Brief Profile: B.COM DU (no backlogs), 3 years work exp in big 4 accounting firm. Post Graduate Diploma program in Canada University chosen.

Full program fees paid (1 year), GIC paid. No other funds shown. No CA report, No salary shown, no ITR, no parents ITR, no FD shown.

Pravee_S

Jun 27, 2022
We have ordered from both IRCC and CBSA, the general Notes without all application documents attached. After 30 days of waiting for the Notes, we received an official notice that our Notes would be delayed for another 30 days. So, now we wait. It's been 15 days so far. I do not know if the Notes can be delayed beyond those additional 30 days.
Hello Parrots, did you get your notes yet?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hello Parrots, did you get your notes yet?
Hey @Pravee_S! As a matter of fact, I did, two days ago. The notes came from the CBSA. The IRCC still has not released their file, but I suspect it will be the same.

So, the notes state exactly the same reason as the one given on our letters from the IRCC: "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

Not a word more. In our case, we take it as a positive thing since we have to address only our ties to our country of residence, meaning my program of study was not the issue or anything else. Since we know that we did not elaborate on our connection to China properly on our first application, we regard this as the best outcome possible for our first application. We are preparing thoroughly for our second application.

You have rounded up your 17th week of waiting, haven't you? I remember you saying you applied July 1. Might be just a couple of more weeks for you, guys! Good luck! ;)

Last edited:

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hey @Pravee_S! As a matter of fact I did, two days ago. They came from CBSA. The IRCC still has not released their file, but I suspect it will be the same.

So, the notes state exactly the same reason as the one given on our letters from the IRCC: "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

Not a word more. In our case, we see it as a positive thing for us since we have to address only our ties to our country of residence, meaning my program of study was not the issue or anything else. Since we know that we did not elaborate on our connection to China properly on our first application, we regard this is the best outcome possible for us for now.
I can't believe the GCMS notes didn't have any more detailed information.... At least you now know what the content of the notes was and you can move forward with your plan.

We will be cheering for you! As you said, maybe not having much more information is not such a bad thing.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I can't believe the GCMS notes didn't have any more detailed information.... At least you now know what the content of the notes was and you can move forward with your plan.

We will be cheering for you! As you said, maybe not having much more information is not such a bad thing.
Thanks a lot @Geet7! ;)

Yeah, we were hoping for more information on the notes and dreading it at the same time. This general answer gives us a blank page to write our ties-to-country story from scratch on. Since starting anew is definitely better than explaining something that could have been said wrong, we feel great enough. I'll be posting on our progress.

Reactions: Geet7

Pravee_S

Jun 27, 2022
Ironically we just recieved our results today, our file was rejected with the below reason, nothing more.

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

The medicals, review everything was just updated on the same day as the results arrived no updates prior to that. I noticed this was the latest trend.

So I am applying for CBSA notes as well to see if there are any more details on it and then plan the next course of action. Will keep you all posted.

All the very best for your application Parrots the processing times have drastically reduced i see family applications filed in September getting thier results now. So the next application shouldn't take this long.

I am just curious to see if you find any additional information on the GCMS notes that you are awaiting from IRCC, just drop a note here when it arrives. Ideally it wouldn't be any different as they should ideally be pulling the information of the same file.

Hey @Pravee_S! As a matter of fact, I did, two days ago. The notes came from the CBSA. The IRCC still has not released their file, but I suspect it will be the same.

Not a word more. In our case, we take it as a positive thing since we have to address only our ties to our country of residence, meaning my program of study was not the issue or anything else. Since we know that we did not elaborate on our connection to China properly on our first application, we regard this as the best outcome possible for our first application. We are preparing thoroughly for our second application.

You have rounded up your 17th week of waiting, haven't you? I remember you saying you applied July 1. Might be just a couple of more weeks for you, guys! Good luck! ;)

• Sad
Reactions: parrots and Geet7

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Ironically we just recieved our results today, our file was rejected with the below reason, nothing more.

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

The medicals, review everything was just updated on the same day as the results arrived no updates prior to that. I noticed this was the latest trend.

So I am applying for CBSA notes as well to see if there are any more details on it and then plan the next course of action. Will keep you all posted.

All the very best for your application Parrots the processing times have drastically reduced i see family applications filed in September getting thier results now. So the next application shouldn't take this long.

I am just curious to see if you find any additional information on the GCMS notes that you are awaiting from IRCC, just drop a note here when it arrives. Ideally it wouldn't be any different as they should ideally be pulling the information of the same file.
Hey @Pravee_S! I am so sorry to hear that! :( As disappointing and plans-crushing as it is, I hope you and your family have taken it well and are already looking into the ways to improve your application and re-apply. Do not give up! :)

Do you feel that "ties to country" is an objective and fair reason for a refusal in your case? I mean, my husband and I do not complain at all since we now have realized the specific gap on our application that we simply did not fill the first time around. How do you feel about your application in retrospect?

Sure, I will share our experience with the GCMS notes from the IRCC once we receive them. Let's see how long it would take for the IRCC to release their file.

Yes, I also believe that the processing time for applications will get back to normal next year. However, we still plan to re-apply as early as possible just in case. At the moment, I am waiting for the deferral decision from my university. It has been 6 weeks since I applied for the deferral to September 2023 semester.

Thank you so much for your kind wishes! I wish you the same! Are you ready for another round? Let's do it! ;)

Shazam7

Sep 29, 2022
Planning to apply under SDS. Although PhD is with full scholarship and tuition waiver, I had shown decent additional funding.
After a rejection after 4.5 months, I reapplied for the SP, SoWP and kid's visitor visa under SDS on 6 Oct. Got another rejection on 22 Oct on same ground (Purpose of visit not consistent....). I had shown my own fixed and movable assets in India along with CA certificate. Now I have applied only for my SP. Hope this time it would get through.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
After a rejection after 4.5 months, I reapplied for the SP, SoWP and kid's visitor visa under SDS on 6 Oct. Got another rejection on 22 Oct on same ground (Purpose of visit not consistent....). I had shown my own fixed and movable assets in India along with CA certificate. Now I have applied only for my SP. Hope this time it would get through.
What did your GCMS notes say? Did you change your program? Adding funds is not the issue if it states what your refusal is. What is your profile because if not showing education and career progression to justify costs then it will continue to be refused.