Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
File lodged on 24th May - SP + SOWP + Kid VV. It's been 15th week running now, 99 days.
Submitted request for deferral yesterday, 30th Aug.

Based on your own experiences, what do you think are the chances to get deferral for Jan 2023 intake?
I guess it only depends on the college/university and the seat availability. Drop an email to them regarding this issue.

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
URGENT HELP REQUIRED:
Are we supposed to provide visa details like UCI Number and APPLICATION NUMBER along with Medical details to the immigration department for e-MEDICAL updation? kindly reply

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
I guess it only depends on the college/university and the seat availability. Drop an email to them regarding this issue.
I have done that. They seem to be not replying to the emails. It's already been 2 weeks no response on previous emails yet.

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
I have done that. They seem to be not replying to the emails. It's already been 2 weeks no response on previous emails yet.
Hmm... did you call them? Which college you're applying for?

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
Hmm... did you call them? Which college you're applying for?
It's Humber. Yes, I called them many times on different numbers which are available, but no one answers. it goes into voice mail or ringing with no response.
They have no direct contact number available for international students, so you have to go through staff numbers or boardline.

afendaw

Jul 26, 2022
Chennai
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
19-05-2022
Passport stamping is done in IRCC Bangalore right? How many days does it approximately take for processing once the passport has reached Bangalore?

just_sid

Jul 7, 2022
I don’t think it’s advisable to submit new application while you have one application in progress. It’s clearly stated on IRCC official website, having duplicate application lead to delay in both application.

And also I believe most people are getting something wrong, you can’t decide if your application should be process under SDS or Regular, the Visa officer will decide after checking your application & run some background check, this’s also stated on IRCC website, this’s why some people think they applied under SDS but unknown to them their application still fall under regular process, while some think they applied under regular, but the visa officer process it as SDS application.
This is not accurate. In order to fulfill the sds criteria you must do few things as stated by them. For example if you haven't submitted one year fees then your application is non sds. You can control the type of your application indirectly.

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Reading the information in various forums, it appears Non-SDS/regular track is getting faster processing times vs SDS. Would anyone know if submitting a new application via non-SDS/regular track WHILE SDS application is still pending is allowed by the IRCC? Thanks for any insights!
Absolutely not, only one application is allowed at a time.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
File lodged on 24th May - SP + SOWP + Kid VV. It's been 15th week running now, 99 days.
Submitted request for deferral yesterday, 30th Aug.

Based on your own experiences, what do you think are the chances to get deferral for Jan 2023 intake?
Your chances are very high, but it depends on your college or university.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I don’t think it’s advisable to submit new application while you have one application in progress. It’s clearly stated on IRCC official website, having duplicate application lead to delay in both application.

And also I believe most people are getting something wrong, you can’t decide if your application should be process under SDS or Regular, the Visa officer will decide after checking your application & run some background check, this’s also stated on IRCC website, this’s why some people think they applied under SDS but unknown to them their application still fall under regular process, while some think they applied under regular, but the visa officer process it as SDS application.
Absolutely correct.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
This is not accurate. In order to fulfill the sds criteria you must do few things as stated by them. For example if you haven't submitted one year fees then your application is non sds. You can control the type of your application indirectly.
Yes, you can submit all required documents for SDS, but only the immigration officer makes the final decision on which type of processing is applicable to you. However, it seems that nowadays they simply ignore SDS all together and that's what is causing confusion among people.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
That is a bit strange, normally it should not take them long to give you an answer on deferral. If they don't reply your calls, it is also a bit worrying. Try contact them in every way you can, hopefully you get through them soon!

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
URGENT HELP REQUIRED:
Are we supposed to provide visa details like UCI Number and APPLICATION NUMBER along with Medical details to the immigration department for e-MEDICAL updation? kindly reply
Do you mean you need to send your medical update to the IRCC via webform? If yes, then yes, you need to provide all these details.

Reactions: phoenix197

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
That is a bit strange, normally it should not take them long to give you an answer on deferral. If they don't reply to your calls, it is also a bit worrying. Try contact them in every way you can, hopefully you get through them soon!
Finally, the college replied yesterday saying Jan 2023 intake is full and they can only put us on the waitlist. What does that mean?

I also want to ask everyone who have gone through or going through deferrals. If I ask for Jan 2023 which is waitlisted, will I be still eligible for May 2023 intake or is it only one time I can ask? How to deal with deferral scenario at best?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Finally, the college replied yesterday saying Jan 2023 intake is full and they can only put us on the waitlist. What does that mean?

I also want to ask everyone who have gone through or going through deferrals. If I ask for Jan 2023 which is waitlisted, will I be still eligible for May 2023 intake or is it only one time I can ask? How to deal with deferral scenario at best?
What is the IRCC doing :( Honestly! Yes, this is very common among colleges and universities to grant only one deferral per admission offer. In my case, for example, my university allowed me to start in the Winter 2023 semester, but I am worried that in case our application does not come through by then and does not comes out positive, the university might not grand me another deferral for September 2023, which means I would need to re-apply to the university all over again, which in tern means going through competition again without any guarantee of admission.

In your case, a waitlist means that they will only give you a placement if someone gives up their place. It means that, as of now, there are no available spots in your program and there is a list of people waiting for a spot. You can not know where exactly you are on that list and the university won't tell you. They will just inform you in case you are up the list and there is someone dropping their seat, which they can offer to you.

There is a chance that in case you do not get a placement in Winter, they might re-direct you one more time to the Spring semester. But this you have to talk to them about, though they might not give you an answer now.

Reactions: Geet7