+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

manpreet1407

Dec 29, 2019
I finally received my PPR after 16 long weeks of waiting anxiously. I applied on 9th May 2022, Biometrics got updated on 13th May, Medicals updated on 15th August(!) and finally the BVL and PPR on 25th August.
While I am happy this is sorted, I deferred to Jan intake just last week. The announcement by IRCC came at a very bad time for me. I have not yet received an answer on my deferral request, so I am wondering if I can get this cancelled and go before the classes for September start. I have mailed the college, Mohawk College Fennel Campus, Hamilton about my situation but I am not sure if I will hear back in time. Does anyone else have any other idea about what to do in this case?
Hi. Congrats on the PPR! In your case, best to get in touch with the International Admissions Department of your DLI directly and get an idea of all the options you have at this time and then act accordingly.
I also applied on 14th May 2022 under the SDS category. The review started on 17th August and as of today (29th august 2022), I am still waiting for the final decision. It has been more than 3.5 months and I have already deferred to Jan 2023 intake. Hoping to get PPR this week.
By the way, did you raise any webform or contact IRCC in any way?

Meghna001

Jul 10, 2022
Insist... if you are not receiving a reply via email, the only thing you can do is to insist via email and telephone until you receive an answer. Good luck!
Yes, have sent a couple mails already. Will start calling them up till they connect me to someone.
I have some acquaintances in Canada though who told me that if I am physically present in Canada and talk to the college, more often than not something works out. They suggested me to come down in a couple weeks only.
A couple questions I have:
1. Do you have any idea how long it takes to hear back on the confirmation of deferral? The thing is when I applied for deferral, there were seats available, but on the OCAS portal now it shows closed. The turn around time is said to be 4 weeks, does that mean that they will look at my request and depending on the situation then will they decide whether or not to give me a seat?
2. Since I already have my visa now, can I travel to Canada already? The condition of only being able to go 28days prior is no longer there.

Meghna001

Jul 10, 2022
Hi. Congrats on the PPR! In your case, best to get in touch with the International Admissions Department of your DLI directly and get an idea of all the options you have at this time and then act accordingly.
I also applied on 14th May 2022 under the SDS category. The review started on 17th August and as of today (29th august 2022), I am still waiting for the final decision. It has been more than 3.5 months and I have already deferred to Jan 2023 intake. Hoping to get PPR this week.
By the way, did you raise any webform or contact IRCC in any way?
I raised a couple webforms, even messaged IRCC on twitter a couple times. Didn’t hear back even once.
When did you defer to Jan intake though?

manpreet1407

Dec 29, 2019
I raised a couple webforms, even messaged IRCC on twitter a couple times. Didn’t hear back even once.
When did you defer to Jan intake though?
Oh...Ok. I raised the request through Applyboard to my uni (Algoma) on 17th August and got deferred LOA on 26th August.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Yes, have sent a couple mails already. Will start calling them up till they connect me to someone.
I have some acquaintances in Canada though who told me that if I am physically present in Canada and talk to the college, more often than not something works out. They suggested me to come down in a couple weeks only.
A couple questions I have:
1. Do you have any idea how long it takes to hear back on the confirmation of deferral? The thing is when I applied for deferral, there were seats available, but on the OCAS portal now it shows closed. The turn around time is said to be 4 weeks, does that mean that they will look at my request and depending on the situation then will they decide whether or not to give me a seat?
2. Since I already have my visa now, can I travel to Canada already? The condition of only being able to go 28days prior is no longer there.
1. It will depend on your DLI. My wife's college replied the very same day and the day after, they sent her the updated LOA.

2. Even though the "arriving with no more than 28 days" condition is no longer there, every advice I've read points to avoid arriving with more than one month of anticipation. For example, I've read that if you arrive 3 months early, the VO might ask you for additional funds to support yourself. In short, arriving too early might open yourself up to additional questions by the VO.

Summerside

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting.. ( In Process since October 24th )..Decision made on November 4th
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Quick question .. My nephew applied for student visa under sds category from India on May 9th. We haven't heard anything yet. Classes are starting on September 1st. College has given us extension till September 11th . The course is only offered in Fall. As a back up we have applied for another technology program in same college . In case visa is approved after September 11th , what do we need to do ? Do we have to send his new acceptance letter with SOP for new course via webform ? or we have to submit new visa application considering institution is same but course is different ( another technology program ) ?

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Hi,
Wanted a quick healp from people in group, is there a group similar for Non SDS also. Were I can know about current file and duration for results?
Non-SDS is also taking too much time now... lodged re-application on 22nd July...no updates after biometric update.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
I have a query. It would be really appreciated if someone could help me out.
I have a offer letter from my DLI. There are two start dates mentioned on the letter. When I spoke to them about my possibility of deferral, they said that there are two dates mentioned on the letter and you can start on either of the dates. First start date is in September, 2022 and the alternative start date is in January, 2023. The difference between both the start dates is 123 days. When I spoke to the University about a new offer letter, they said that it is very unlikely that the admissions officer will issue you a new offer letter. In this case, how do I inform IRCC that I have deferred from Fall 2022 to Winter 2023? There needs to be some kind of official document from my DLI that proves that I have deferred from Fall 2022 to Winter 2023 in order to inform IRCC about it, right?
Why you need that

Meghna001

Jul 10, 2022
Quick question .. My nephew applied for student visa under sds category from India on May 9th. We haven't heard anything yet. Classes are starting on September 1st. College has given us extension till September 11th . The course is only offered in Fall. As a back up we have applied for another technology program in same college . In case visa is approved after September 11th , what do we need to do ? Do we have to send his new acceptance letter with SOP for new course via webform ? or we have to submit new visa application considering institution is same but course is different ( another technology program ) ?
You only need to raise a webform with the new LOA. If you change the DLI, only then an entirely new application needs to be raised

gmp1016

Aug 29, 2022
Reading the information in various forums, it appears Non-SDS/regular track is getting faster processing times vs SDS. Would anyone know if submitting a new application via non-SDS/regular track WHILE SDS application is still pending is allowed by the IRCC? Thanks for any insights!

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
File lodged on 24th May - SP + SOWP + Kid VV. It's been 15th week running now, 99 days.
Submitted request for deferral yesterday, 30th Aug.

Based on your own experiences, what do you think are the chances to get deferral for Jan 2023 intake?

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
Reading the information in various forums, it appears Non-SDS/regular track is getting faster processing times vs SDS. Would anyone know if submitting a new application via non-SDS/regular track WHILE SDS application is still pending is allowed by the IRCC? Thanks for any insights!
I don’t think it’s advisable to submit new application while you have one application in progress. It’s clearly stated on IRCC official website, having duplicate application lead to delay in both application.

And also I believe most people are getting something wrong, you can’t decide if your application should be process under SDS or Regular, the Visa officer will decide after checking your application & run some background check, this’s also stated on IRCC website, this’s why some people think they applied under SDS but unknown to them their application still fall under regular process, while some think they applied under regular, but the visa officer process it as SDS application.

Reactions: parrots