+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
WHAT? JULY? Many people in May/ June has not even received any updates from IRCC yet. This is totally absurd
Nope, this has been the trend for months now. A few countries like Brazil, Pakistan, and Vietnam (these are the only ones I know of because I had been interacting with citizens of these countries on Reddit) have been able to go back to regular SDS processing times or have at least made significant progress in reducing processing timelines.

India, however, is a different story. Since almost a third of all student applications come in from India, it's the sad truth that they can sometimes take 10+ weeks to make a decision.

Good luck to you on your visa application; I hope you hear back super soon.

Reactions: phoenix197

Abubakr2408

Aug 24, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
my profile -
admitted for IT diploma in SAIT
Family ties in home country- 60,000CAD
family ties in Canada - GIC of 10,000CAD and first year fee paid
Age - 25
current education - high school
currently job - working in father's business in Pakistan (offer letter was attached in my SOP)
10th - 60%
12th- 60%
Ielts - 6.5
File - 12 july
Bio- 22 july Dec
Medical- upfront
Refused -23 aug
PGD cybersecurity applied under SDS category (pakistan)
My SP also refused on 21st August
Mentioning reason " you'll not leave canada at the end of your stay" 2nd one " purpose of visit not consistent"
2020 pass-out BS Computer Science (3.17/4.00 CGPA) 82.55% aggregate
Ielts 7 not less than 6

Reactions: ahmed221

Abubakr2408

Aug 24, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
PGD cybersecurity applied under SDS category (pakistan)
My SP also refused on 21st August
Mentioning reason " you'll not leave canada at the end of your stay" 2nd one " purpose of visit not consistent"
2020 pass-out BS Computer Science (3.17/4.00 CGPA) 82.55% aggregate
Ielts 7 not less than 6
I even clearly elaborated my family ties
I don't know what to do know. Can any one give me a suggestion

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
New updates from IRCC on their official Twitter.
Now we can study online till we wait for decision...but I'm in doubt, what if they refuse visa..
------------------------original posted-----------------
Exactly the question you should ask yourself! Before start studying, you should ask your DLI if they will reimburse your fees in the middle of your studies. Make sure you ask them about every possible scenario before starting your studies. Each DLI has different policies regarding reimbursements.

Reactions: Abhisms0

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Exactly the question you should ask yourself! Before start studying, you should ask your DLI if they will reimburse your fees in the middle of your studies. Make sure you ask them about every possible scenario before starting your studies. Each DLI has different policies regarding reimbursements.
A lot of DLI's have stopped online classes. Why does IRCC release these statements at the last moment is beyond me. They should've posted this back in May/June.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
A lot of DLI's have stopped online classes. Why does IRCC release these statements at the last moment is beyond me. They should've posted this back in May/June.
Totally agree! But I've heard that some DLI's still maintain the option of online learning for some programs. Maybe this measure won't be of much help to most, but definitely it could affect some of the applicants still waiting for a decision.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Many programs are hybrid so you still need to attend some classes in-person (eg. labs) and some online. So new policy makes no sense.

therealme

Aug 3, 2022
Nope, this has been the trend for months now. A few countries like Brazil, Pakistan, and Vietnam (these are the only ones I know of because I had been interacting with citizens of these countries on Reddit) have been able to go back to regular SDS processing times or have at least made significant progress in reducing processing timelines.

India, however, is a different story. Since almost a third of all student applications come in from India, it's the sad truth that they can sometimes take 10+ weeks to make a decision.

Good luck to you on your visa application; I hope you hear back super soon.
That is so true! I have a couple of friends who have just received their visa although they have just applied in *mid* June

• Sad
Reactions: Mayank_Choudhary

runm

Aug 26, 2022
I have a query. It would be really appreciated if someone could help me out.
I have a offer letter from my DLI. There are two start dates mentioned on the letter. When I spoke to them about my possibility of deferral, they said that there are two dates mentioned on the letter and you can start on either of the dates. First start date is in September, 2022 and the alternative start date is in January, 2023. The difference between both the start dates is 123 days. When I spoke to the University about a new offer letter, they said that it is very unlikely that the admissions officer will issue you a new offer letter. In this case, how do I inform IRCC that I have deferred from Fall 2022 to Winter 2023? There needs to be some kind of official document from my DLI that proves that I have deferred from Fall 2022 to Winter 2023 in order to inform IRCC about it, right?

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
After 2months of waiting my SP application was refused yesterday 25th August..

Reason for refusal: I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.

I believe is because I didn’t mention other countries that had denied me visa before, I select yes on the 2B question, but I failed to lists the countries name in 2D.

I re-applied today 26th August and listed all countries and also give clear reasons on my SOP. I pray I find favor this time.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
After 2months of waiting my SP application was refused yesterday 25th August..

Reason for refusal: I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.

I believe is because I didn’t mention other countries that had denied me visa before, I select yes on the 2B question, but I failed to lists the countries name in 2D.

I re-applied today 26th August and listed all countries and also give clear reasons on my SOP. I pray I find favor this time.
I'm really sorry about the refusals but I feel you're lucky you weren't straight-up banned from applying. I saw someone on Reddit share their rejection letter. In it, it showed they were rejected for the same reason (among others) but were also banned from applying for 5 years!

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
I'm really sorry about the refusals but I feel you're lucky you weren't straight-up banned from applying. I saw someone on Reddit share their rejection letter. In it, it showed they were rejected for the same reason (among others) but were also banned from applying for 5 years!
Yes, I believe I am somewhat fortunate. On August 2nd, the visa officer sent me a Procedural Fairness Letter stating that I gave false answers to questions 2A, but quote question 2B instead, which get me confused, this offer also provide me chance to replace uploaded documents. But I was stupid by addressing the officer error, that the quoted question was for 2B not for 2A, and I submitted that stupid explanation letter. I later realized that the officer surely calling my attention to the question quoted, I should have ignore the numbering error, but it was too late, in the procedural fairness letter, the officer was clear that if I don’t answer the question truthfully, I will be ban from entering Canada for 5years, I think he had mercy on because of it own mistake on numbering the question citing. I would have get banned.

• Sad
Reactions: Mayank_Choudhary

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
Totally agree! But I've heard that some DLI's still maintain the option of online learning for some programs. Maybe this measure won't be of much help to most, but definitely it could affect some of the applicants still waiting for a decision.
My college was strict in mentioning that there would be no online classes starting 7th September. A few hours ago I mailed them for deferral to Jan 2023 and now this update of online classes getting back on track... Only God knows what's in favour for all of us.

Meghna001

Jul 10, 2022
I finally received my PPR after 16 long weeks of waiting anxiously. I applied on 9th May 2022, Biometrics got updated on 13th May, Medicals updated on 15th August(!) and finally the BVL and PPR on 25th August.
While I am happy this is sorted, I deferred to Jan intake just last week. The announcement by IRCC came at a very bad time for me. I have not yet received an answer on my deferral request, so I am wondering if I can get this cancelled and go before the classes for September start. I have mailed the college, Mohawk College Fennel Campus, Hamilton about my situation but I am not sure if I will hear back in time. Does anyone else have any other idea about what to do in this case?

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I even clearly elaborated my family ties
I don't know what to do know. Can any one give me a suggestion
The best thing will be to order GCMS notes. Through those notes you can identify the real cause of rejection. I have ordered GCMS notes already but sadly it takes 30-40 days to receive. My intake is January 2023 so i have time.