+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Canstudyvisa

Jul 28, 2022
I finally got my medical updated on the GCKey portal! No email, I just have a habit of logging in 2-3 times a day.
Here's a snapshot of my profile so far:

SDS India
Upfront medical: 7th May
File submitted: 27th May
Biometrics done and processed: 1st June
Medical update: 29th July

My timeline is almost the same and my medical was updated yesterday as well.

Upfront medical: 9th May
File submitted: 26th May
Biometrics was done and processed: 3rd June
Medical update: 29th July

Let's hope for the PPR next week. Good luck everyone! Let's continue to be positive :)

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Good Luck for all !!

BTW,
interestingly, CPC Edmonton is picking random applications from India. 3 of my friends have it processed from CPC.
All [3] got their BVL a while ago - no movement thereafter
I am speculating, these files are now triaged to Level 2 for First level officer to review and decide coz submissions are strong

Hoping...

Reactions: adi56a

adi56a

Jun 30, 2022
Good Luck for all !!

BTW,
interestingly, CPC Edmonton is picking random applications from India. 3 of my friends have it processed from CPC.
All [3] got their BVL a while ago - no movement thereafter
I am speculating, these files are now triaged to Level 2 for First level officer to review and decide coz submissions are strong

Hoping...
Hi. How do we find out which cpc is handling our file ? Also, how can we raise a webform regarding the same ?

Reactions: Studentdreamer66

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Hi. How do we find out which cpc is handling our file ? Also, how can we raise a webform regarding the same ?
via web form or dial call centre - very rarely u may get response or delayed answer

In all [3] cases above; we received BVL -biometric validity letter - which had CPC edmonton stated

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Among the two of you, who is the primary applicant? When did you have your biometrics done?
I am the primary applicant (SD), he (OWP). Here is our timeline:

Applications from China (expats in China) for SP and OWP for spouse via SDS
Applications submitted: 8 May
Biometrics given both: 12 May
Biometrics updated (prime SP applicant): 12 May
Medical updated (prime SP applicant): 29 June
Spouses's application has not have any updates as of now. Biometrics still reads "we have not received your biometrics", but the status was changed on June 8 from "your action is required" to "submitted" and biometric information is present in the applicant information box
Eligibility: has not yet started for both

Today marks 12 weeks since applications submitted

Last edited:

mtosan

Star Member
May 19, 2022
I am the primary applicant (SD), he (OWP). Here is our timeline:

Applications from China (expats in China) for SP and OWP for spouse via SDS
Applications submitted: 8 May
Biometrics given both: 12 May
Biometrics updated (prime SP applicant): 12 May
Medical updated (prime SP applicant): 29 June
Spouses's application has not have any updates as of now. Biometrics still reads "we have not received your biometrics", but the status was changed on June 8 from "your action is required" to "submitted" and biometric information is present in the applicant information box
Eligibility: has not yet started for both

Today marks 12 weeks since applications submitted
We’re not so far apart. May 4th, I’m the SP along with my wife and son.

Medicals updated last July 8 and 21st but other than that, nothing else.

Just found out that IRCC is also on holiday this Monday. Getting antsy since if we don’t receive decision by end of next week, we’ll have to defer as waiting any further will impede on my 30 day notice policy at work for resignation

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
We’re not so far apart. May 4th, I’m the SP along with my wife and son.

Medicals updated last July 8 and 21st but other than that, nothing else.

Just found out that IRCC is also on holiday this Monday. Getting antsy since if we don’t receive decision by end of next week, we’ll have to defer as waiting any further will impede on my 30 day notice policy at work for resignation
Do you mean 1 August is a national holiday (Alberta, BC)? Yeah, I've already deferred the start date of my program to Winter 2023.

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
"Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible and we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed"
-
-
I got this in reply to a webform enquiring about the status of my medical. Seems like just another form of the automated response.. can anyone confirm?

misochi

Jul 22, 2022
"Good day,
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible and we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed"
-
-
I got this in reply to a webform enquiring about the status of my medical. Seems like just another form of the automated response.. can anyone confirm?
Yess I think it's automated. :')

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
"Good day,
-
-
Yes, I have received exact same response on my enquire about my husband's biometrics and medical not being updated for 12 weeks as of today. There is literally nothing we can do not even to speed up the process, but just to know the processing time.

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Yes, I have received exact same response on my enquire about my husband's biometrics and medical not being updated for 12 weeks as of today. There is literally nothing we can do not even to speed up the process, but just to know the processing time.
Exactly.. it's turning out to be a really frustrating experience!

Reactions: parrots

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
If
Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for passport to be stamped if going for in-person passport submission?Will it be faster than 2-way courier?

If they're stamping it on the spot then definitely the in-person mode will be quicker.
And since they've mentioned that courier will be available "as an option" I think they will be focusing more effort into the walk-ins.
Will have to wait for some people to provide feedback about this.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Exactly.. it's turning out to be a really frustrating experience!
Yes, I mean, I think everyone would be just grateful and feel better if IRCC just gave a definite timeline even if it is 10 times a usual one. They still have "20 days" timeline for SDS and 12 weeks for non-SDS on their website, which are not delivered. And even if we say that 12 weeks is an average, it means that some people get their decisions in 2 weeks while others have to wait for 22 weeks. What would be an explanation for such a huge difference? There is none.

So, the solution to this would be to just give a maximum timeline, openly say: the processing time is up to 22 weeks and stop there, really deliver. Or even if that is not possible, then just say the processing time is 6 months this year. People would still be grateful if that is definite and delivered. But basically saying - you apply into nowhere and you won't hear from us, well, that's just very convenient.

Reactions: mtosan

mtosan

Star Member
May 19, 2022
Yes, I mean, I think everyone would be just grateful and feel better if IRCC just gave a definite timeline even if it is 10 times a usual one. They still have "20 days" timeline for SDS and 12 weeks for non-SDS on their website, which are not delivered. And even if we say that 12 weeks is an average, it means that some people get their decisions in 2 weeks while others have to wait for 22 weeks. What would be an explanation for such a huge difference? There is none.

So, the solution to this would be to just give a maximum timeline, openly say: the processing time is up to 22 weeks and stop there, really deliver. Or even if that is not possible, then just say the processing time is 6 months this year. People would still be grateful if that is definite and delivered. But basically saying - you apply into nowhere and you won't hear from us, well, that's just very convenient.

I fully agree with this. Instead of trying to look good and post an unrealistic timeline, applicants would actually appreciate it more if the timelines are more truthful.

I applied for SDS last May knowing it will be 20 days because a country/Embassy would not lie right? Apparently not the case. Had I known, I would have applied as early as March.