+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I fully agree with this. Instead of trying to look good and post an unrealistic timeline, applicants would actually appreciate it more if the timelines are more truthful.

I applied for SDS last May knowing it will be 20 days because a country/Embassy would not lie right? Apparently not the case. Had I known, I would have applied as early as March.
Exactly! Me too. I would either apply in March this year (which, by the way, would not guarantee an earlier response) or I would wait and apply next year for Fall 2023 so as not to go through this crowding this year, wasting time, money, energy and plans. It would be a win-win for both students and IRCC - if they provided us with realistic timelines a lot of people could choose to wait until 2023 with their study plans, which would result in lesser pressure on IRCC this year (isn't that what they want in the first place if they can't manage it) and would be so much more healthier for the students and their families.

Reactions: mtosan

Rameshrathod

Apr 30, 2022
IRCC processes most of the cases within the time frame of 12 weeks irrespective of country. Cases are delayed due to documentation problem and being resolved by themselves to avoid any further delay. It is my personal view as most of the friends who have applied for University in master courses are getting PPR on time.
Yes, I mean, I think everyone would be just grateful and feel better if IRCC just gave a definite timeline even if it is 10 times a usual one. They still have "20 days" timeline for SDS and 12 weeks for non-SDS on their website, which are not delivered. And even if we say that 12 weeks is an average, it means that some people get their decisions in 2 weeks while others have to wait for 22 weeks. What would be an explanation for such a huge difference? There is none.

So, the solution to this would be to just give a maximum timeline, openly say: the processing time is up to 22 weeks and stop there, really deliver. Or even if that is not possible, then just say the processing time is 6 months this year. People would still be grateful if that is definite and delivered. But basically saying - you apply into nowhere and you won't hear from us, well, that's just very convenient.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
IRCC processes most of the cases within the time frame of 12 weeks irrespective of country. Cases are delayed due to documentation problem and being resolved by themselves to avoid any further delay. It is my personal view as most of the friends who have applied for University in master courses are getting PPR on time.
Well, our application is complete and does not have any documentation problem with upfront medical and biometrics within 4 days of receiving a biometrics request letter and applied through SDS. Yet, it has been 12 weeks with neither medical nor biometrics even updated. And I am yet to hear about someone in China who received their decisions on time. And I am not even talking about the famous 20 days SDS.

Reactions: mtosan

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Well, our application is complete and does not have any documentation problem with upfront medical and biometrics within 4 days of receiving a biometrics request letter and applied through SDS. Yet, it has been 12 weeks with neither medical nor biometrics even updated. And I am yet to hear about someone in China who received their decisions on time. And I am not even talking about the famous 20 days SDS.
I guess it's not the delays that hurt more but the inconsistency in processing applications with some people waiting over 12 weeks & some getting a decision within 2 weeks with similar credentials.

Reactions: phoenix197

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I guess it's not the delays that hurt more but the inconsistency in processing applications with some people waiting over 12 weeks & some getting a decision within 2 weeks with similar credentials.
Exactly! And it is not fair to say that the processing time is 12 weeks for all countries. Look at this statistics provided by IRCC themselves in the article "Canadian Student Visa Processing Times Converging Across Countries" by "Apply Board" (I am not sure if posting link is allowed here)

If the processing time in Nigeria is 28 weeks and that in Thailand is 4 weeks, there you have your 12 weeks "average time" ACROSS all countries, but not FOR all countries. And then, if we look deeper into the types of applications, what if we see that, say family applications (SP + OWP) take 20 weeks to process while that of a single younger candidate takes only 2 weeks? There we'll have 12 weeks of "average" again.

To this I would say, ok, fair enough. The processing time does depend on the country and on the age of the applicant and on his/her type of application (Bachelor, Masters, PhD, college, university). Ok. Then just provide clear timelines for each case (group them at least in three categories). Otherwise this is simply trying to exhibit equal treatment when there is none in reality.

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
Last year due to Covid my US F1 visa got stuck, but this year US embassy even after the last year's backlog processed visa smoothly.. I hope IRCC could have done something like it!

Surabhishrik

Jul 22, 2022
To be fair, it hasn't been 12 weeks yet, so I guess that's why they have a standard response for those whose file are still under review?
Hey there, so as mentioned I had applied it under SDS category so the time frame is 20days and not 12 weeks, because of which I was expecting something concrete.

Rameshrathod

Apr 30, 2022
Anyone can answer that student Visa processing being done in Canada or in India for application from India. I can see all are getting their PPR and other mails during night hours in respect of IST.