+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My cousin applied on April 9th and still waiting for PPR.. she is from India.... can she call any number to find out about her status?

Medical passed May 24th and biometrics completed on April 14
IRCC number is only for within Canada. Remember processing times are an overage not when it should be processed by.

Reactions: saurez7777

adi56a

Jun 30, 2022
Hello - good day to you. Iam from India. My SDS student visa application got submitted on 16th June 2022 (S3050*****). When should I expect a result/decision? Biometrics and medicals completed and updated on July 8th in the system. Please advise when you get a chance. Thank you in advance.
We both have similar timelines. I too lodged my file on 17th June, biometrics done and updated on 22nd June. Medical updated on 6th July. Hope we get some positive response soon.

Reactions: Raykulkarni

adi56a

Jun 30, 2022
Once the medicals gets updated you are really close to getting your decision. So hang for another week and I think you should get it.
There is no point in applying through NON SDS at this point of your application.
When is the deadline from your college to request fo deferement?
Hi, my medical got updated on 6th of this month. File lodged on 17th June. Still no response

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Obviously just hearsay but it feels like Indian embassy peeps have collectively stopped processing a lot of May files beyond the 16th because today, I'm seeing a lot of people from April getting their decisions. Maybe they're trying to ensure they don't leave too many files in the backlog before they jump to late May.

I applied on the 27th of May and I haven't seen any update except for my biometrics. Guess I should wait another month before I start losing my mind lol.

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Obviously just hearsay but it feels like Indian embassy peeps have collectively stopped processing a lot of May files beyond the 16th because today, I'm seeing a lot of people from April getting their decisions. Maybe they're trying to ensure they don't leave too many files in the backlog before they jump to late May.

I applied on the 27th of May and I haven't seen any update except for my biometrics. Guess I should wait another month before I start losing my mind lol.
There are updates from people who applied around 10-15th May getting their PPRs in the last couple of days so there's still hope.

mtosan

Star Member
May 19, 2022
I'm at start of May - May 4th application for SP, SOWP + child. Still nothing other than medical being updated last July 8.

Surabhishrik

Jul 22, 2022
Hey guys so I submitted the IRCC webform with regards to inquiring about the visa which I had applied under SDS category on 31st on May and this what I have recieved,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please be advised that your application has been received and is currently under review. We are unable to confirm, at this time, when a final decision will be made on your application.

Processing times may vary due to the volume of applications received and other factors. We will contact you if further information is required to process your application. Please ensure to read the messages in your MyAccount. Failure to submit requested information, could cause further delays and may result in the refusal of your application.

We recommend that you do not finalize your travel plans, such as purchasing non-refundable plane tickets, until your application is finalized.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)//XX

So apparently these people are just making the situation hopeless by giving out the standard reply, I just wish the authorities give the visa on time rather than making it a lottery thing.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hey guys so I submitted the IRCC webform with regards to inquiring about the visa which I had applied under SDS category on 31st on May and this what I have recieved,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please be advised that your application has been received and is currently under review. We are unable to confirm, at this time, when a final decision will be made on your application.

Processing times may vary due to the volume of applications received and other factors. We will contact you if further information is required to process your application. Please ensure to read the messages in your MyAccount. Failure to submit requested information, could cause further delays and may result in the refusal of your application.

We recommend that you do not finalize your travel plans, such as purchasing non-refundable plane tickets, until your application is finalized.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)//XX

So apparently these people are just making the situation hopeless by giving out the standard reply, I just wish the authorities give the visa on time rather than making it a lottery thing.

To be fair, it hasn't been 12 weeks yet, so I guess that's why they have a standard response for those whose file are still under review?

Reactions: parrots

Yogesh13

Jul 28, 2022
Greetings,
I am new on this thread but we all are wondering and getting stressed about the same thing!
i had couple of questions please do share your 2 cents on it if you can
I am going to Dalhousie University, Nova scotia this fall from India
I graduated high school last year (India) and due to some reasons it was all last minute and I had to go for fall 2022 instead of Jan 2022, I applied for my study permit under SDS on May 28th gave my biometrics on 3rd June and booked a refundable/flexible Flight ticket for September 3d to nova scotia because that is one of the move-in days into dorms
Now I am expecting a decision somewhere in early or Mid August(I’ll keep everyone posted)
I am a bit paranoid (my counsellor told me not to be) that I have a gap . i’ve heard in undergrad a two year gap is accepted
Although I’ve mentioned in my SOP about an internship I did (also attached the letter issued from organisation about the internship) and included how i wrote some blogs On prominent global talking points, tried to be eloquent and clear minded about my future plans . Do you think The gap can affect my application (I’ve tried to make up for it as well as I can and wrote the sop myself to transcend what I wanted to express) and I think Dalhousie being part of the U-15 may weigh something in my favour! Fingers crossed tho (about both the timings and application approval)
Please do share your thoughts
Have a good one!
What airline did you choose and can you tell which agent did you use, if any?

Raykulkarni

Jul 15, 2022
We both have similar timelines. I too lodged my file on 17th June, biometrics done and updated on 22nd June. Medical updated on 6th July. Hope we get some positive response soon.
Me too!
Exact same dates for everything, keep me in the loop if you notice any updates, shall do the same. Also did you apply from mumbai too?