+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
To be fair, it hasn't been 12 weeks yet, so I guess that's why they have a standard response for those whose file are still under review?
Exactly! I would treat it as a highly positive sign that they have answered an inquiry at all since there is a notice on their webpage prior to submitting a webform that clearly states that they don't reply applicants whose files are still within 12 weeks of processing time. So, if they have replied so early indeed, it should mean that the wheel is spinning faster these days, so much so that they have some spare time to answer such early inquiries. Don't you think?

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Exactly! I would treat it as a highly positive sign that they have answered an inquiry at all since there is a notice on their webpage prior to submitting a webform that clearly states that they don't reply applicants whose files are still within 12 weeks of processing time. So, if they have replied so early indeed, it should mean that the wheel is spinning faster these days, so much so that they have some spare time to answer such early inquiries. Don't you think?
True. I believe they try to clear all April and May applications (unless there is any suspect on your application) before Sept intake. One more month to wait.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Yup. I agree. I also saw someone who applied on the 26th of May get their visa under SDS in India. I'm guessing it has to be a coincidence. Plus, this week has been all about clearing most April and May files. This makes sense because they want to keep their average processing time at 12 weeks and if they don't clear April files, that average will start pushing up. Even today, I'm seeing a lot of files from the 12th and 13th of May getting their decisions. Still a month to go before we panic, fellow late-May folks :)

venkitesh_subramonian

Jul 26, 2022
Hello All,

Iam so sorry for my wrong english usage earlier. My apologies. My SDS student visa is not approved yet. It is just that my father is unwell and needs to undergo a critical surgery. So I have decided to defer irrespective of whether my student visa gets approved or not. As my programme is 1 year (unlike a traditional 2 year programme), I am worried whether i need to undergo the same painful process of again applying afresh for student visa next year, or whether there is an option to extend it, if i get my student visa.

Jem@91

Jul 28, 2022
Hi ,

I applied in SDS on 3rd June
Medical cleared on 28th June

After that no updates.
appllied from India