+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

naohFiona

Mar 14, 2023
Dear @naohFiona! I'm so sorry for not replying earlier! I've been thinking about you every day and checking this thread almost every day in hope to see your posts. I really really really hope that you've gotten your decision by now. Please, tell me this is so and please let me know which decision it is? I'm rooting for you!

Yes, we've been crazy busy preparing for our trip. I am in a state of constant fear of forgetting something because there is so much to do. But it's a joyful thing, absolutely. I wish you to experience it soon enough too! We're going to Edmonton. I don't think that Vancouver is the reason for the delayed processing of your application, I think it is just a combination of China, your personal case and random factors. Don't think much about it, it all won't matter. Let's wait for your decision!

Hope to hear from you very soon and hope it's a great news! :)
Dear Parrots,
I just got the final decision from IRCC today that I am refused:(The reason is as follows and I believe it's just a template.
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/ eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I am in similar scenario as you were last year. I am sad but I haven't given up. Thank you so much for all the experience you have shared for us here. I believe what I need to do now is applying for the GCMS notes. I am wondering why you took several months to re-submit another application after being refused the first time? Was it because you wanna collect advice from as many authorities as possible, and make sure the materials are flawless the second time? I really appreciate your kind sharing!

Wish you all the best to your new journey in the coming days!:D

• Sad
Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @naohFiona! :) I am so sorry for such a delayed response! We have arrived in Canada and things were really crazy the first month here.

I am so very sorry to hear about your refusal! I know how it feels and more importantly how much work needs to get done in order to make it a success on your second attempt. However, I also know, as you mentioned correctly, that it is possible to get the long-awaited approval if you are ready to not lose hope and to do what is required to make it happen for your family! :)

So, let's get to it together! Yes, you are absolutely right. This is a standard text from the IRCC and it basically tells you nothing. The true reason of your particular refusal may only be known through the GCMS Notes. I hope you have ordered them already! Please, do immediately if you haven't yet! And wait for them! That is crucial, do not re-apply without them, I cannot stress this enough.

While you are waiting for your Notes, you should start thinking and preparing all possible documents that can proved your strong "ties" to China. Also, you need a stronger LOE. However, in our case, for example, we could write that one only once we had gotten our Notes and so addressed all the concerns specifically in our LOEs. So, that's why it is important to get them first.

To answer your question, we had taken exactly five months to re-apply for several reasons:

• I had requested the deferral at my University in August, but they had granted me one only on December 15 (three months right there).
  • We had gotten our GCMS Notes on November 1.
  • Some documents in China took longer to get because all official organisations closed due to COVID-19. Remember China cancelled the Green Codes in December and we had a wave of Covid in December and January? For example, our Medical Exam was re-scheduled from December to January.
  • The Chinese New Year was came very early last year and we had to postpone some of the documents until after February 7.
  • Our immigration consultant was very busy and we could only get an appointment with her on the second week of February.
So, there you go. We actually moved as fast as we could, but everything unfolded the way it did on its own. However, we did not resist this process. We used all our time to write a better and stronger LOE and to get more documents related to our work that could prove that we had every intention to come back to China after my graduation. I have to say, it was a full-time job for us to get all the documents and LOEs in order through countless meetings, discussions, and conversations, yes, with our families, people on this forum and our lawyer and consultant. I also have to say that I have not searched for any more information on YouTube, Reddit, Facebook or any other social media platforms. This forum was and still is my only source of information and inspiration. The only other resource I use for the immigration news is this: https://immigrationnewscanada.ca/ And the official site of the IRCC. That's it, nothing else.

Please, feel free to ask me any more questions and PM me for any more personal and detailed information and help with your application. I will be happy to help you in any way I can! Hope it all works out for you! Let me know how it goes! Good luck! ;)

By the way, your wait of 24 weeks was incredible, one of the longest ones I have ever seen! You should be proud of yourself just for staying positive and warm-hearted through all of this! You are a real hero already! Let this application go and get ready for your second one! Come on, you'll make it happen! Good luck! :D

Dear Parrots,
I just got the final decision from IRCC today that I am refused:(The reason is as follows and I believe it's just a template.
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/ eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I am in similar scenario as you were last year. I am sad but I haven't given up. Thank you so much for all the experience you have shared for us here. I believe what I need to do now is applying for the GCMS notes. I am wondering why you took several months to re-submit another application after being refused the first time? Was it because you wanna collect advice from as many authorities as possible, and make sure the materials are flawless the second time? I really appreciate your kind sharing!

Wish you all the best to your new journey in the coming days!:D
;):)

Last edited:
Reactions: naohFiona

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @MTA4142! How is it going with your application? :)

Many thanks for the response and your great wishes. I also wish you good results.

I wrote a study plan too. In it, I explained how the masters degree along with a hands-on project will have a positive impact on my future. Moreover, I talked about my home ties as well. Hope they will work.

for you first application, what degree and program did you get admitted in? What kind of Study plan did you write, I mean was it generic or you gave less info which you consider it as the only weak point of your 1th application?

Reactions: MTA4142

naohFiona

Mar 14, 2023
Hey @naohFiona! :) I am so sorry for such a delayed response! We have arrived in Canada and things were really crazy the first month here.

I am so very sorry to hear about your refusal! I know how it feels and more importantly how much work needs to get done in order to make it a success on your second attempt. However, I also know, as you mentioned correctly, that it is possible to get the long-awaited approval if you are ready to not lose hope and to do what is required to make it happen for your family! :)

So, let's get to it together! Yes, you are absolutely right. This is a standard text from the IRCC and it basically tells you nothing. The true reason of your particular refusal may only be known through the GCMS Notes. I hope you have ordered them already! Please, do immediately if you haven't yet! And wait for them! That is crucial, do not re-apply without them, I cannot stress this enough.

While you are waiting for your Notes, you should start thinking and preparing all possible documents that can proved your strong "ties" to China. Also, you need a stronger LOE. However, in our case, for example, we could write that one only once we had gotten our Notes and so addressed all the concerns specifically in our LOEs. So, that's why it is important to get them first.

To answer your question, we had taken exactly five months to re-apply for several reasons:

• I had requested the deferral at my University in August, but they had granted me one only on December 15 (three months right there).
  • We had gotten our GCMS Notes on November 1.
  • Some documents in China took longer to get because all official organisations closed due to COVID-19. Remember China cancelled the Green Codes in December and we had a wave of Covid in December and January? For example, our Medical Exam was re-scheduled from December to January.
  • The Chinese New Year was came very early last year and we had to postpone some of the documents until after February 7.
  • Our immigration consultant was very busy and we could only get an appointment with her on the second week of February.
So, there you go. We actually moved as fast as we could, but everything unfolded the way it did on its own. However, we did not resist this process. We used all our time to write a better and stronger LOE and to get more documents related to our work that could prove that we had every intention to come back to China after my graduation. I have to say, it was a full-time job for us to get all the documents and LOEs in order through countless meetings, discussions, and conversations, yes, with our families, people on this forum and our lawyer and consultant. I also have to say that I have not searched for any more information on YouTube, Reddit, Facebook or any other social media platforms. This forum was and still is my only source of information and inspiration. The only other resource I use for the immigration news is this: https://immigrationnewscanada.ca/ And the official site of the IRCC. That's it, nothing else.

Please, feel free to ask me any more questions and PM me for any more personal and detailed information and help with your application. I will be happy to help you in any way I can! Hope it all works out for you! Let me know how it goes! Good luck! ;)

By the way, your wait of 24 weeks was incredible, one of the longest ones I have ever seen! You should be proud of yourself just for staying positive and warm-hearted through all of this! You are a real hero already! Let this application go and get ready for your second one! Come on, you'll make it happen! Good luck! :D

;):)
Thank you so much, Parrots, for taking so much time sharing your experience! I've got my GCMS notes and I think you are right, I should work more on my ties to China. My LOE was not logically perfect. I am gonna DM you to learn more. Enjoy your life in Canada!

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Absolutely @naohFiona! Write to me any time, we'll talk ;) And thank you!

Thank you so much, Parrots, for taking so much time sharing your experience! I've got my GCMS notes and I think you are right, I should work more on my ties to China. My LOE was not logically perfect. I am gonna DM you to learn more. Enjoy your life in Canada!

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hey @MTA4142! How is it going with your application? :)
Hi thanks for asking.

I received my Immigration Medical Exam letter on September 7. I have done it. I hope I get the ppr.

My application status says these:
Biometrics passed
Eligibility passed
Medical in progress ( I did it two days ago but it is yet to be update)
Background verification in progress

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @MTA4142! How is it going with your application now? :)

Hi thanks for asking.

I received my Immigration Medical Exam letter on September 7. I have done it. I hope I get the ppr.

Biometrics passed
Eligibility passed

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Hi thanks for asking.

Biometrics passed
Eligibility passed
hello, long time !

How have you been ? so glad you finally got your medical request. Positive news coming real soon since you passed eligibility as well. I also received medical request and had my eligibility passed & current im in Canada, almost completed my first semester as well. Best of Luck :)

Reactions: parrots and MTA4142

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hey @MTA4142! How is it going with your application now? :)
Hi Parrots and thank you for checking in with me.

Just the Background Verification (BV) has remained and all other sections of my application including medical are completed. I am waiting for ppr. Also, my BV changed to In Progress on Tracker on September 7. I hope they have not put me into security screening. I don't know how long I have to wait.

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
hello, long time !

How have you been ? so glad you finally got your medical request. Positive news coming real soon since you passed eligibility as well. I also received medical request and had my eligibility passed & current im in Canada, almost completed my first semester as well. Best of Luck :)
Hi MPH.UOFA, thanks for your message and I am very glad that you made it to Canada. Almost everything is completed for me but that background verification has put everything on pending. I don't know how long more it is going to take.

Could you please say how long your background verification took? I think my application status is the same as yours.

Thanks,

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hi Parrot.

Yes I have been waiting since April 18, 2023. Canada considers which country you are from. They do not care if you pass everything but all they care is your country. I hope I get it soon.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi @MTA4142! Judging by your answer about since you've been waiting, you got my answer on your post. However, I can not see it reflected in my forum thread. It wasn't posted due to some technical error. Strange... so you got my answer, right? I was asking you about the processing time, talking about new emoji on the forum and the move to Canada being a whole new adventure. I hope this message gets posted.

Hi Parrot.

Yes I have been waiting since April 18, 2023. Canada considers which country you are from. They do not care if you pass everything but all they care is your country. I hope I get it soon.

• Love