+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hi @MTA4142! Judging by your answer about since you've been waiting, you got my answer on your post. However, I can not see it reflected in my forum thread. It wasn't posted due to some technical error. Strange... so you got my answer, right? I was asking you about the processing time, talking about new emoji on the forum and the move to Canada being a whole new adventure. I hope this message gets posted.
Dear Parrots, Yes I saw your message as a notification was sent to my email address. And I posted a seperate post to answer your question.
Just to know, how can I know if I have been selected for comprehensive security secreening?

Bests

Reactions: parrots

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Hi MPH.UOFA, thanks for your message and I am very glad that you made it to Canada. Almost everything is completed for me but that background verification has put everything on pending. I don't know how long more it is going to take.

Could you please say how long your background verification took? I think my application status is the same as yours.

Thanks,
The stage your application is at was the same stage i was stuck, i.e., the background verification. but when i got PPR my background verification was shown as completed 4 days after my application lodge data which was around April 23, 2023. Basically there was no point of them making me wait for a response for 1.5 month, everything was completed 1 month into my application lodge. but again, we dont know what goes on behind doors, and Abu Dhabi VO is quite burdened as you know. Hopefully, good news is just around the corner for you, in sha Allah.

Reactions: MTA4142

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Dear Parrots, Yes I saw your message as a notification was sent to my email address. And I posted a seperate post to answer your question.
Just to know, how can I know if I have been selected for comprehensive security secreening?

Bests
GCMS notes are the only way you can get to know about that

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi @MTA4142! Yes, @MPH.UOFA is right, you're not stuck in any particular stage, you're just stuck. There is no way for applicants to know for sure what "stage" their applications at at any given moment as all updates are, frankly, random and do not reflect the true status of your application. It seems that background check always goes first. However, it might be updated even last, on the day you actually receive a decision. In any case, there is really nothing you can do except for waiting. The GCMS Notes most certainly come empty to you because they are usually updated also only with the end of the application process.

By the way, what about your school, have you gotten a deferral for Winter 2024 or later?

I wish you patience, good luck, and a positive decision coming your way very very very soon! ☺

The stage your application is at was the same stage i was stuck, i.e., the background verification. but when i got PPR my background verification was shown as completed 4 days after my application lodge data which was around April 23, 2023. Basically there was no point of them making me wait for a response for 1.5 month, everything was completed 1 month into my application lodge. but again, we dont know what goes on behind doors, and Abu Dhabi VO is quite burdened as you know. Hopefully, good news is just around the corner for you, in sha Allah.

• Love

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Thank you!. I hope they process my application before December.

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hi @MTA4142! Yes, @MPH.UOFA is right, you're not stuck in any particular stage, you're just stuck. There is no way for applicants to know for sure what "stage" their applications at at any given moment as all updates are, frankly, random and do not reflect the true status of your application. It seems that background check always goes first. However, it might be updated even last, on the day you actually receive a decision. In any case, there is really nothing you can do except for waiting. The GCMS Notes most certainly come empty to you because they are usually updated also only with the end of the application process.

By the way, what about your school, have you gotten a deferral for Winter 2024 or later?

I wish you patience, good luck, and a positive decision coming your way very very very soon! ☺
Hi dear Parrots and thank you for your great message. Yes, all I can do is to wait and be patient.
I have been in touch with my supervisor. I already differed to January 2024. However, I think I have to defer to the next intake. I will talk to my supervisor to defer my intake once again. He has been cooperative and kind so far so, I hope the deferral is done smoothly.

Bests

Reactions: parrots

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hi dear Parrots and thank you for your great message. Yes, all I can do is to wait and be patient.
I have been in touch with my supervisor. I already differed to January 2024. However, I think I have to defer to the next intake. I will talk to my supervisor to defer my intake once again. He has been cooperative and kind so far so, I hope the deferral is done smoothly.

Bests
Hello Brother,
I have also applied under SDS on 2nd June,Biometric on 5th June and Medical on 7th June...Tracker shows Bio/Medical: completed while eligibility and B.C still in progress...i have been waiting from around 6 months still no decision really worried already deferred to Jan.

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023

Bests
i also ordered GCMS,they are as follows:
Eligibility: Recommend Interview
Security: (Blank)
Criminality: Passed-Bio
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

Under Admissibilities: Security:0 " Which mean's my file is not stuck in Security."

In the last section in Notes(2)it shows that the officer sent request to CIBC to confirm my GIC

In Notes(1) which is the latest one shows the reply of CIBC confirming that GIC is legit.

That's all i have been waiting from 170+ days under SDS...

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hello Brother,
I have also applied under SDS on 2nd June,Biometric on 5th June and Medical on 7th June...Tracker shows Bio/Medical: completed while eligibility and B.C still in progress...i have been waiting from around 6 months still no decision really worried already deferred to Jan.
Hi bro. I am sorry for that dely and I know how it feels. I just wonder why it has taken more than 6 months for a sds applicant however most non sds applications are processed within four months. So, I think your application has stuck in either eligibility or background verification stage. Maybe find a mp and have them follow your case up.

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
i also ordered GCMS,they are as follows:
Eligibility: Recommend Interview
Security: (Blank)
Criminality: Passed-Bio
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

Under Admissibilities: Security:0 " Which mean's my file is not stuck in Security."

In the last section in Notes(2)it shows that the officer sent request to CIBC to confirm my GIC

In Notes(1) which is the latest one shows the reply of CIBC confirming that GIC is legit.

That's all i have been waiting from 170+ days under SDS...
Good that your file isn't stuck in security. But how do you know that?

Also we have a Whatsapp group where study Permit applicants like you and me are chatting about their applications. If you like you can join there
Here is the link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KyOF7muk6zD9gdvOKBokFJ

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
Hi bro. I am sorry for that dely and I know how it feels. I just wonder why it has taken more than 6 months for a sds applicant however most non sds applications are processed within four months. So, I think your application has stuck in either eligibility or background verification stage. Maybe find a mp and have them follow your case up.
Hello bro, my file is also stuck in background verification and eligibility from last month, I already had raised a couple of webforms, but it didn't help

How can I contact MP? How do I know which visa office is processing my application?

Also, I sent the request to join the WhatsApp group above, please approve if you are the admin

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hello Brother,
Just a
Hello bro, my file is also stuck in background verification and eligibility from last month, I already had raised a couple of webforms, but it didn't help

How can I contact MP? How do I know which visa office is processing my application?

Also, I sent the request to join the WhatsApp group above, please approve if you are the admin
Just approved!

You can search who are the mps of the city where you school is in Canada.

I think one month is not a problem in comparison to 6 months so hopefully you get the ppr soon

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Your MP is your representative for the riding you live in. A MP cannot expedite your file but if they want can ask the status of your file.

Reactions: architgarg

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Good that your file isn't stuck in security. But how do you know that?

Also we have a Whatsapp group where study Permit applicants like you and me are chatting about their applications. If you like you can join there
Here is the link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KyOF7muk6zD9gdvOKBokFJ
If the file is stuck in Security.. on tracker Eligibility get Completed + On My GCMS there is isn't any security started as i already told you....Can you tell me weather my file is in security cuz i'm just assuming things..Brother can you help me regarding my file how do i know that my file is stuck in security apart from the Elig and GCMS??