+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scotiabank - Funds transfer before landing

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Any mode works.

I am sure you know that you do not necessarily need to transfer them even. You can show your home country funds as well
It seems, I can’t wire transfer from Pakistan, as the SBP(central bank) rules, you can only wire for studies. Otherwise, I may need to open a USD account (be filer first) transfer funds there, and then transfer in CAD, but they are not sure if would still work. I’ve visited couple of banks and few branches of my bank. The last resort seems take some cash and to have funds at my home, later use debit card to withdraw.

4.5% bank charges
0.6 central bank charges plus
Camsian bank charges, I’m not sure how much, and of course adverse FX rate. I presume it would cost around 10% extra. This is so weird. :(

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
It seems, I can’t wire transfer from Pakistan, as the SBP(central bank) rules, you can only wire for studies. Otherwise, I may need to open a USD account (be filer first) transfer funds there, and then transfer in CAD, but they are not sure if would still work. I’ve visited couple of banks and few branches of my bank. The last resort seems take some cash and to have funds at my home, later use debit card to withdraw.

4.5% bank charges
0.6 central bank charges plus
Camsian bank charges, I’m not sure how much, and of course adverse FX rate. I presume it would cost around 10% extra. This is so weird. :(
Anyone was able to wire through Pakistan?

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Hi!

So I transferred funds on 3rd October & am desperately waiting for an acknowledgment from their side. I really do not want the funds to bounce back.

Does anyone have experience with Scotia? Care to share?

Thanks.
You transferred from Saudi, right? See my above post, I can’t transfer from Pakistan?