+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

school record

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hi,
I am submitting citizenship application for myself and my son. I have a question for the following requirement of child's application:

"Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification. Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
school record
health insurance card"

I have health insurance card without photo of my son. What should I use for 2nd piece of identification for my son which should have a photo on it?
school record as suggested in instruction guide can be?
1. A report card (showing progress and grading in different sections) .....//no photo
2. or a letter from school (peel district) showing dates which my son attended....../no photo

Thanks

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi,
I am submitting citizenship application for myself and my son. I have a question for the following requirement of child's application:

"Two (2) pieces of the child's personal identification. Both pieces of identification should show your child's name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
school record
health insurance card"

I have health insurance card without photo of my son. What should I use for 2nd piece of identification for my son which should have a photo on it?
1. A report card (showing progress and grading in different sections) .....//no photo
2. or a letter from school (peel district) showing dates which my son attended....../no photo

Thanks
well it says ONE OF WHICH so the Health card is ok no need to have photos for the report card

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadahmed6065 said:
Thank you but health card of my son does not have any photo on it.
really then thats a problem, call CIC and ask them what you can do? maybe, you could add the passport copy attached to the school records and health card.

Marky Mark

Sep 10, 2014
jawadahmed6065 said:
Thank you but health card of my son does not have any photo on it.
Hi JawadAhmed,
Do you reside in Ontario?
If you do, then ask for the School Index Card of your child "from his/her current school attended". That Index Card should have your Child Picture on it in addition to other specific Info & details about the child even better than a passport.
Best of luck with your application for citizenship.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Marky Mark said:
Hi JawadAhmed,
Do you reside in Ontario?
If you do, then ask for the School Index Card of your child "from his/her current school attended". That Index Card should have your Child Picture on it in addition to other specific Info & details about the child even better than a passport.
Best of luck with your application for citizenship.
Thanks for information

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
@Msafiri: yes he has a passport
@Marky Mark: Yes; I live in Peel district school boundary which unfortunately does not issue index card.

passport copy will be attached anyways as bio page; shall i attach 2 passport copies?

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
jawadahmed6065 said:
@ Msafiri: yes he has a passport
@ Marky Mark: Yes; I live in Peel district school boundary which unfortunately does not issue index card.

passport copy will be attached anyways as bio page; shall i attach 2 passport copies?
You can Use PR card. That is what my wife did when she applied for her citizenship with my son.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi,

"Two (2) pieces of the child's personal identification. Both pieces of identification should show your child's name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
school record
health insurance card"

Thanks

I was in the same dilemma, and then I decided to ignore that non-sense request! Many, if not most, provinces do not have their health card with photo! Same applies to school reports.

In my 3 children' cases, I just put photocopy of their passports, and even one of them did not have her photo on the passport! I wrote a letter to explain why she did not have her photo on the passport.

My application was successful and my children have become citizens.

Cancan_2014

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Oct13 said:
I was in the same dilemma, and then I decided to ignore that non-sense request! Many, if not most, provinces do not have their health card with photo! Same applies to school reports.

In my 3 children' cases, I just put photocopy of their passports, and even one of them did not have her photo on the passport! I wrote a letter to explain why she did not have her photo on the passport.

My application was successful and my children have become citizens.
passports r good enough. Pr card is also an option

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi,

Examples include:
school record
health insurance card"

Tha,
You can use a passport, PR card. Good luck. :)