+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

School fees refund

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I applied and given admission in Conestoga college but due to my visa refusal, I have decided to seek for a refund from the school. I have sent them countless emails through the international office and admission, and also on provide phone numbers through calls but no response from them. Please what do I do?

I am also seeking for the refund because I intend to apply to a university in my next attempt which would be in 2019

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Refund Policy & Withdrawals
International Refund Policy

Withdrawal within 10 business days of the beginning of a semester or the beginning of the period for which the student paid fees in the case of a non-semester or continuous intake program of instruction, the student shall receive:

• a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the semester less a $200.00 administrative fee if withdrawal is made prior to the non-refundable deposit due date.
  • a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the semester or program less the non-refundable deposit if withdrawal is made after the deposit due date *or if withdrawal is made after a deferral admission had been given.
  • a refund in full of any tuition and ancillary fees paid in advance for subsequent semesters.
  • a refund in full of any fees paid in advance for subsequent semesters. This also applies to students who do not register on a semester basis.
Should your visa be rejected by the Canadian Embassy, your full tuition will be refunded less the $200.00 college administration fee.

A copy of the Official Refusal Letter from the Canadian Embassy must be scanned and sent to the International Office by email as soon as possible.

That's from the college. You have to send the refusal letter to them, to get a refund minus $200 (which is a pretty harsh admin fee!)

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thank you @russ6970 for the swift response, I appreciate. But I am not getting any reply from the school through numerous emails I have sent writing to explain and at the same scanned the refusal letter and they are not equally picking my calls.

I am trying to find out of there is any other way to get in touch with them?

Reactions: Al Saudi

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Yes, I have tried up to 3-4 emails and several calls.

No, I have not filled any web form. I am just hearing about it now from you, thanks. Is there any link to redirect me to the page of the web form?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
The webform is at the bottom of the page on the link I sent. Were the 3-4 emails to all the email addresses on that link. May be an idea to send one to all of them and then you may get redirected faster

Reactions: Al Saudi

kenmighty123

Jul 18, 2018
I applied and given admission in Conestoga college but due to my visa refusal, I have decided to seek for a refund from the school. I have sent them countless emails through the international office and admission, and also on provide phone numbers through calls but no response from them. Please what do I do?

I am also seeking for the refund because I intend to apply to a university in my next attempt which would be in 2019
# also have same challenge when applied for Visa and within 2 weeks it was rejected. I have applied for a refund of my fees @ Fanshawe and responded that it will take 90days to do that.

Why do I have to wait for 3months when it was never stated in the school policy.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
# also have same challenge when applied for Visa and within 2 weeks it was rejected. I have applied for a refund of my fees @ Fanshawe and responded that it will take 90days to do that.

Why do I have to wait for 3months when it was never stated in the school policy.
That's just an estimated time length, it may take less time than that as when I seek for a refund then, same was stated for "I think" 2-3 months but it was refunded to me before 2-3weeks time after the request but I lost huge about $1,500 out of $10,998 paid

kenmighty123

Jul 18, 2018
Thank you Johns,
I never expected I will be refused. No travel history, and home tie. I hope if I have to travel to Ghana will be okay. Even with my letter of introduction from my bank, it was still refused.

Since paying tuition pay its not so important, I wish I can get another college for my PGD that will not request for tuition before admission letter. I plan to reapply by June 2019 after my refunds.

Any advise my good people..

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thank you Johns,
I never expected I will be refused. No travel history, and home tie. I hope if I have to travel to Ghana will be okay. Even with my letter of introduction from my bank, it was still refused.

Since paying tuition pay its not so important, I wish I can get another college for my PGD that will not request for tuition before admission letter. I plan to reapply by June 2019 after my refunds.

Any advise my good people..
Travel history is not a principal refusal reason that stands alone, its always intertwined with a more potential refusal reasons. Majority of applicants scoring approvals applied with an untampered passport and never stepped foot outside their country. Tackle the home tie refusal reasons properly and the Travel history go away once your application seems convincing to the VO. Even if you travel to Ghana, the VO won't see it as a Travel history because these Canada VOs mostly recognize travels to countries whose visas are competitive as history BUT travel to Ghana would also be a buildup to getting travel history

Try to properly relate your reasons for studying in Canada and let your hometie reflect convincingly to the VO if possible draw a family tree based on family, business, property, heritance etc

If you've not request for your gcms notes, do well to since you is not in haste to reapply