+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

scholarship assistance

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020
i have gotten admission to the bishops university for the spring term of first half but unfortunately with NO scholarship because of the period I applied in all scholarship application closed .does anyone know of any external scholarship for international students that I can apply to???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i have gotten admission to the bishops university for the spring term of first half but unfortunately with NO scholarship because of the period I applied in all scholarship application closed .does anyone know of any external scholarship for international students that I can apply to???
Your best chance of getting a scholarship as an international student is through your school. If you have missed the window with Bishop's, then you either need to fund your education and living expenses completely on your own fully or consider deferring your studies and trying for a scholarship when Bishop's starts accepting applications again.

Almost all external scholarships are focus on domestic students (i.e. Canadian citizens and PRs). This isn't a realistic option for you unfortunately.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Are you a Master's student? I got admission to Bishop's too (MSc Computer Science) and I got TA scholarship and funding from my Supervisor (min $5,000 per year), but I applied since August. Are you going for Thesis? What is your CGPA?

There will be new streams of scholarship opening in April, you can go for that?

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020
Hi,wonderbly
yes im a master student!and for computer science as well!!.i wasn't given any scholarship I guess because I saw in my uBishops portal that I should pay 350tuition fee deposit but no email of any scholarship like that.
i got a spring admission which is May.

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020
Wonderbly,
did you get to know your scholarship offers after you paid the initial deposit of 350CAD or everything was given in your portal??

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Wonderbly,
did you get to know your scholarship offers after you paid the initial deposit of 350CAD or everything was given in your portal??
I initially applied for Winter (for course route), then I decided to switch over to thesis-route cos its a few $$ cheaper and I also deferred to Spring. With my initial offer (coursework), I didn't get any scholarship. But when I switched over to Thesis, I first got a standard tuition waiver of about $760 per semester, but I later got a scholarship award that allowed me pay in-province fees. All these happened after I paid $350 to accept my offer each time.

I contacted 4 supervisors and only 1 had funding for Spring intake, so I went with him. There was 1 prof willing to accept me - from University of Sherbrooke who also takes BU students and he also had funding but I don't speak french :).

Did you ask your supervisor for funding?

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020
I initially applied for Winter (for course route), then I decided to switch over to thesis-route cos its a few $$ cheaper and I also deferred to Spring. With my initial offer (coursework), I didn't get any scholarship. But when I switched over to Thesis, I first got a standard tuition waiver of about $760 per semester, but I later got a scholarship award that allowed me pay in-province fees. All these happened after I paid $350 to accept my offer each time.

I contacted 4 supervisors and only 1 had funding for Spring intake, so I went with him. There was 1 prof willing to accept me - from University of Sherbrooke who also takes BU students and he also had funding but I don't speak french :).

what is province fees ??

Christ95

Nov 27, 2020

can you please tell me what the scholarship award of in province fees is ???

Seaning

Aug 16, 2020
England
It will be quite difficult for you without a scholarship. Have you thought about changing your university? Now there are many universities where it is easy to enroll.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You are studying with a supervisor and you don't speak the same language? Not sure how this can't end up in disaster especially given you are in a thesis program.

Eriman

Aug 18, 2020
Indiana Columbus
Category........
QSW
Have you thought about changing your university? It will be quite difficult for you without a scholarship. I just don't think that if you entered without a scholarship now, then you will be given one in the future. In most universities, if a person entered without a scholarship, it is unlikely that he will be granted it in the future. If I were you, I'd look for another university. Now there are many universities where it is easy to enroll. For example, I have seen many universities that offer scholarships to foreigners for listsofscholarships.com. Think about it.