+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A POSSIBLE job omission

shaggiemaggie

Sep 5, 2019
Hello seniors and experts I have a question.

I am sponsoring my husband for PR. Its been 9 month in processing. MEDS/BIOS/SA/ELIGABILITY all done and passed. He had an interview about 6 weeks ago thats where we passed eligability and i guess the BGC starts now . Any way its been 6 weeks with no word from CIC so I guess its normal for one's mind to start thinking crazy things. Theres a small possibility we may have omitted a job he had in the schedule a background. He had many jobs in his past but nothing crazy like military service or working for a government. Mainly jobs such as cashier, stocking shelves in a supermarket, call centre agent etc...He had several other jobs and theres a possibility we may have forgotten to put one down. Again its been 9 months so i could just be thinking crazy things but if in fact we accidently omitted one is it a big deal? This is a spousal sponsorship so how important are the jobs hes had in the past?(again no military service/governmant jobs) It not an application for a work visa where we intentionally put down jobs he did when in fact he never did. Any advice is appreciated thanks for your time

shaggiemaggie

Sep 5, 2019
1 other question. The omission wasnt brought up in the interview so does that mean it hasnt been looked into yet cause the BGC only starts after the interview? Or do u think the schedule A was already looked at in the 9 months that our application has been being processed?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. The processing time isnt my concern it's the fact that we may have omitted a job my husband did on schedule A
Pointing out that a small omission is unlikely the reason for the delay you are just going through the normal processing time. If you do realize you have forgotten a job you can update through webform.