+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends.

So my Canadian citizenship journey has come to an end today. The Oath ceremony itself was a pretty moving event. We got there at 12:30 though the notice was for 1:00pm. Was asked to fill out the yellow form...prohibition form similar to the one you sign at the test/interview. Then had to wait in line for about 45 minutes. There were a lot of people - 97 in total who were taking their Oath today. Once the clerk came out, we were asked to produce the pink letter and sign and date the third page. This process proved to be rather slow and a bit disorganized. I wished CIC officials would tell you what to do before you get to the front of the line as many people were fidgeting around with the papers.

Yes, you're ushered in and then they check your PR and landing documents. The Oath invite letter will have a 3 digit number on it with you'll find out to be your seat number. They never asked for my IDs or passports - wonder why they say bring it with you in the first place. And yes, they keep you PR card at that point then you're given your "citizenship package" which just has the oath, anthem and other citizenship stuff. You're asked to sit where your number is located...pretty easy to figure it out! The actual ceremony started almost at 2pm.

The court clerk was professional in that, she gave us some idea of what to expect before, during and after the ceremony. After the judge was introduced, the ceremony was officially underway. Caution, if you have little ones and they get restless and cry, you'll be asked to go outside. So, just make sure you have someone to watch your babies for a good 2 hours if the need arises.

All the anxiety and heartaches leading up to this day were gone. I was moved by the entire ceremony from reciting the actual Oath and singing the national anthem. It felt real good to be called a Canadian citizen. After the formalities, we were each called individually and handed the citizenship certificate and the judge shakes your hand and congratulates you. He emphasized that, you'll take pictures at the end of the ceremony to avoid disruptions or delays. NOTE: was surprised that, the photo I submitted with my application was enclosed in the plastic that the certificate was put in. I would've thought the picture would be affixed or somehow embedded in the document itself. Not so! You can easily lose the picture. And the judge did emphasize that CIC no longer gives citizenship cards. So, be sure to keep it safe and make electronic copies for your own records. You can not use it for travel and you will only apply for your passport after 48 hours. So, anytime after Wednesday for me.

I had some time to take a few pictures with the judge...he was a nice guy (immigrated from Malaysia in the late 70s so he said). Overall, am overjoyed and glad the journey is over. I can now move on to other things.

If any of you have any questions, please post them as I'll be checking in from time to time. To those waiting for Oath, know that your time will surely come. Hang in there...peace and God bless friends.

canadahopeful

Jun 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beautiful So nice to hear all of you getting oaths. Those who are still waiting, hang in there! you will be there soon!

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
aybf said:
Finally I got my oath invitation letter today which is scheduled on December 21, 2015 at 1:00 PM. I did my test on May 19, 2015 and it took almost 7 months for oath invitation. My timeline is as follows:

Application received: Aug 8, 2014
AOR: Oct 13, 2014
Finger Print Req: Mar 27, 2015
Test: May 19, 2015
DM: August 28, 2015
Oath: Dec 21, 2015

Thanks for the update aybf. My test was on May 22nd so you just got my hopes up. :)

Did you receive the invitation letter (pinky) or just the update on eCAS?

Regards,

aybf

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
DHK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Oct 2009
Doc's Request.
03 Dec 2009
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2009
File Transfer...
10 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2010
regg4791 said:
Thanks for the update aybf. My test was on May 22nd so you just got my hopes up. :)

Did you receive the invitation letter (pinky) or just the update on eCAS?

Regards,
Yes, I got my invitation letter yesterday(Dec7,2015) and ecas was updated on the same day that we sent you oath invitation on Dec 2, 2015. Hope your turn is on the way!!

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hi Friends,

Finished our oath today and finally the process towards becoming a proud Canadian has ended. The ceremony was conducted very well and finished in one hour. There were 86 prospective Canadians from 16 countries. We had taken all our paper work as specified in the oath invitation. However, they only checked our release forms (which comes with the oath invitation and another which is given at the centre) and PR card. They did not even check the identification cards (drivers licence or health card). It is still better to carry the originals because you never know when they ask what. We reached 15 minutes before the scheduled time. There is no point in reaching earlier as you are just waiting and crowding up the place. They are quick in clearing and you are in the ceremony hall at the stipulated time.

The citizenship judge was very friendly and explained the process well. Please dress appropriately (casual business) as it is definitely a very important ceremony. It is indeed a very proud moment when the national anthem is sung. The judge took time out to pose for photographs with all and also ask personal questions to everybody. That was a nice personal touch.

I wish to thank all friends here who were with me throughout this journey with encouraging words and similar frustrations. Will continue to visit the site for some more time to check our friends' progress.

Thanks and best wishes to all.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
Hi Friends,

Finished our oath today and finally the process towards becoming a proud Canadian has ended. The ceremony was conducted very well and finished in one hour. There were 86 prospective Canadians from 16 countries. We had taken all our paper work as specified in the oath invitation. However, they only checked our release forms (which comes with the oath invitation and another which is given at the centre) and PR card. They did not even check the identification cards (drivers licence or health card). It is still better to carry the originals because you never know when they ask what. We reached 15 minutes before the scheduled time. There is no point in reaching earlier as you are just waiting and crowding up the place. They are quick in clearing and you are in the ceremony hall at the stipulated time.

The citizenship judge was very friendly and explained the process well. Please dress appropriately (casual business) as it is definitely a very important ceremony. It is indeed a very proud moment when the national anthem is sung. The judge took time out to pose for photographs with all and also ask personal questions to everybody. That was a nice personal touch.

I wish to thank all friends here who were with me throughout this journey with encouraging words and similar frustrations. Will continue to visit the site for some more time to check our friends' progress.

Abemats,

Congrats!

Wish you all the best in this new phase of your life.

SFD

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
Hi Friends,

Congrats, and thank you for sharing these useful information. Now have a better idea what to expect :)

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
Hi Friends,

Finally !!!!!!!
Congratulations

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Got my oath invitation today.
Scarbourough office.
My timeline in my signature.
Happy Chanukah.
Ari

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. That's weird I still don't have mine
ari5323 said:
Got my oath invitation today.
Scarbourough office.
My timeline in my signature.
Happy Chanukah.
Ari

tahzib

Nov 22, 2012
Hi all!
Ive been reading this forum for quite sometime and i finally decided to join it! I gave my test on the 22nd Oct and still no update :(

boras

Jul 14, 2014
tahzib said:
Hi all!
Ive been reading this forum for quite sometime and i finally decided to join it! I gave my test on the 22nd Oct and still no update :(
Passed the test on Nov 26, still not DM...