+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
@harnit2010 - Some advice for you based on my experience of waiting...

Its in your head. Oath ceremonies only have a certain amount that can be allowed at one time, based on the location etc. Hence, they need to find one to fit you into. Be patient. Your time will come :)

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
shail14 said:
Hi Shaazdeh,

Still no Update on E-cas but I got the PINK OATH LETTER BY MAIL TODAY, OH FINALLY SO HAPPY AND THANKS FOR YOUR COURAGE AND HELP ALL THROUGH..

by the way OATH IS ON 7 DEC,2015

thank you,

Timeline as follow:

Applied and citizenship department received application on -17 April,2015.

In-process--25 June,2105 Scarborough Location.

Exam-21 September,2015

Decision Made- 23 September,2015

Oath- 07 December,2015
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aybf

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
DHK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Oct 2009
Doc's Request.
03 Dec 2009
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2009
File Transfer...
10 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2010
Is there any May test taker waiting for oath invitation? I did my test on May 19, 2015 and e-cas status is decision made for the last 3 months. Talked to client support center and I was informed that they will send out a message for me to the local office. It's really frustrating to wait for such a long time in the dark for no real reason.

shail14

Jul 4, 2015
shaazdeh said:
This is AMAZING! Congrats. YES! So excited for all of us! It is indeed a great gift before holidays :)
Hello,

Thanks EVERYONE for your kind words, and I'm so happy and excited most of us are NOW Relived and indeed yes it is ONE GREAT gift before holidays.....and wish REST OF YOU guys good luck who still waiting for an OATH and will pray for you guys as well....

ONCE AGAIN THANKS EVERYONE.....Shaazdeh, Samreentariq, abemats2000, & Janoo AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST....

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
aybf said:
Is there any May test taker waiting for oath invitation? I did my test on May 19, 2015 and e-cas status is decision made for the last 3 months. Talked to client support center and I was informed that they will send out a message for me to the local office. It's really frustrating to wait for such a long time in the dark for no real reason.
You may consider seeking help of your area MP's office. CIC is required to respond to your MP in 2 weeks and that gives a nudge to CIC to expedite the process. You have nothing to lose, give a try.

canadahopeful

Jun 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the wishes everyone!

Ecas says Oath letter dispatched on 18th November. Oath is on 2nd December after 7 days. I have still not received the Oath letter after passage of 7 days (there was a weekend in between so technically 5 days). Do I have any reason to panic and assume the letter may have been misplaced in the mail. This since in most cases the mail is delivered with a day or two.

aramis77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadahopeful said:
Thanks for the wishes everyone!

Ecas says Oath letter dispatched on 18th November. Oath is on 2nd December after 7 days. I have still not received the Oath letter after passage of 7 days (there was a weekend in between so technically 5 days). Do I have any reason to panic and assume the letter may have been misplaced in the mail. This since in most cases the mail is delivered with a day or two.
We received the pinky on Monday which was dispatched on 18th Nov. If I were you I would call CIC. Explain your situation.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Wait for one more day than call them and take a shot from your e cas and keep with you
in case you not received than you may go for oath and show them your e cas status.

Congratulation....

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vathan said:
Application rec jan 23-2015
Pass the test at scarbrough on october 29... still in process :-X :-X
application received in December, returned back and resent in February, in process since June....

canadahopeful

Jun 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the suggestion Janoo.

I spoke to the call centre agent who advised not to worry if Oath letter does not arrive. She said you can still proceed to the ceremony. She confirmed the date, time and venue. I am hopeful it will go smoothly.

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
aybf said:

Same here. I passed my exam on May 22nd. After 2 months I called CIC several times and they told me I had to wait up to 6 months after the test (Nov 24th). I call this past Monday and they finally decided to check my file and notify the Scarborough office. The operator didn't provide a reason for the delay though. She only said "... it shouldn't have taken 6 months with no notice". I asked for an estimated time I should receive a response and the response was: "Unfortunately there's no estimated response time. They're trying to complete all cases by March 2016, so you should receive the notification before then". This is a joke of a process!

I understand any process is bound to delays for whatever reason, specially immigration processes and specially in times like this; but having people putting they're lives on hold just because (no requirement for additional process or documentation)... That's unacceptable! I know people who received RQs, who took the exam a month after me in the Scarborough office and that person received the notice for oath a week after the exam. That's completely disrespectful to the people who have been waiting for so long. Someone from CIC should go to Scarborough and investigate this incompetence.

There....!!! I let some steam out. Sorry but I needed it.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My 6th month expires on December 3rd,
I requested three ATIPs since August, and asked the MP to get some info before the election (basically no luck).
Called CIC yesterday and asked them what is going to happen after they send the '6th month' reminder to the St.Clair office (it was transferred there from Missi). I've been told that it might take another three months till they can send another reminder, if nothing happens.
This is just ridiculous!

regg4791 said:
Same here. I passed my exam on May 22nd. After 2 months I called CIC several times and they told me I had to wait up to 6 months after the test (Nov 24th). I call this past Monday and they finally decided to check my file and notify the Scarborough office. The operator didn't provide a reason for the delay though. She only said "... it shouldn't have taken 6 months with no notice". I asked for an estimated time I should receive a response and the response was: "Unfortunately there's no estimated response time. They're trying to complete all cases by March 2016, so you should receive the notification before then". This is a joke of a process!

I understand any process is bound to delays for whatever reason, specially immigration processes and specially in times like this; but having people putting they're lives on hold just because (no requirement for additional process or documentation)... That's unacceptable! I know people who received RQs, who took the exam a month after me in the Scarborough office and that person received the notice for oath a week after the exam. That's completely disrespectful to the people who have been waiting for so long. Someone from CIC should go to Scarborough and investigate this incompetence.

There....!!! I let some steam out. Sorry but I needed it.

Jun 20, 2015
Timeline for my Wife application:
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 11, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 19, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 16, 2015.
We sent you a notice on September 11, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 28, 2015 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on November 23, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 10, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.