+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuna said:
Thank you for the comment. I didn't know it goes by decision made and not the test date. Many of the people who had their tests LOOOONG after me already have their passports in hand! I am do very depressed about this waiting game that I see absolutely no end in sight...
That is just my guess and observation. Don't be depressed, your oath is on its way :) Just wait few more weeks

nuna

Jul 22, 2015
shaazdeh said:
That is just my guess and observation. Don't be depressed, your oath is on its way :) Just wait few more weeks
Thank you Shaazdeh! I am trying to stay positive hopeful but it is becoming harder and harder to keep that mandate in mind. I even filled an ATIP request, hoping that the info can give me a clue as to why my file is being ignored for oath... :'(
Thank you for the encouragement...

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuna said:
Thank you Shaazdeh! I am trying to stay positive hopeful but it is becoming harder and harder to keep that mandate in mind. I even filled an ATIP request, hoping that the info can give me a clue as to why my file is being ignored for oath... :'(
Thank you for the encouragement...
As your file is DM now, there is nothing to be worried about. It is on the queue to get oath :)

gpiks

Nov 2, 2015
Hi everyone!

I applied for citizenship in July 2014.

Started processing around January 2015.

Got invite for test on March 14th, 2015.

Still awaiting oath letter. No change online to DM. No correspondence from citizenship after test letter.

Any thoughts why it is taking this long?

nuna

Jul 22, 2015
gpiks said:
Hi everyone!

Still awaiting oath letter. No change online to DM. No correspondence from citizenship after test letter.

I can only suggest requesting an ATIP to see the notes on your file. They're free and they should take no more than a month to arrive. It seems that you should ask for notes on the file and not the file itself as apparently asking for the complete file delays the process.

polye90

Oct 23, 2015
Just want to share my timeline: We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 18, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 19, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 10, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 15, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
We sent you a notice on August 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 9, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, Test result:19/20 DM Sept.15,2015

aramis77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gpiks said:
Hi everyone!

You are not alone. We are the same waiting for oath inv.

sid377

Jun 28, 2011
Hi All,

Well yesterday was an exciting day. I took my oath to become Canadian Citizen :) :) :) what a joyful experience. It sure was a long Journey come to an end. Below is my time line. Wishing every one best of luck for oaths and test .. This forum was a great help during that long waited time.

Applied for citizenship in Dec 2014.

Got invite for test on Aug 21,2015.

Decision Made on Aug 23,2015

Oath taken on Nov 02,2015

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my test yesterday at Scarborough (My file must have been transferred from Mississauga).

They let you into the test room exactly at the stipulated time!!!

Go to the washroom before your test time because your interview is just after the test.

Test went well - 20/20. I read the book 2x and did not do any additional questions on the web. Don't waste your money buying study materials etc etc. Test is really easy if you UNDERSTAND the Discover Canada book. Did it in 4 minutes. Some people I saw finished even before me!

Interview was good. The folks there are respectful and are easy to talk to. Verified all documents and spoke about a few of my entry and exits. The officer had a glance through the passports and had a good casual discussion of my job.
Interview was max 10 minutes. Just make sure you bring your landing paper and your ID and all the docs you provided.
Was told everything was OK and had no concerns and I will hear from them 2 to 4 months. Pretty much standard I guess.

Tips for interview : Be honest, answer their questions, don't go off topic and treat them with respect. Greet them and thank them at the end. After all they are doing their job just like us. They have to siphon out the cheats and liars who cheat the system. If you are not guilty of anything, you have nothing to worry.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
sid377 said:
Hi All,

Well yesterday was an exciting day. I took my oath to become Canadian Citizen :) :) :) what a joyful experience. It sure was a long Journey come to an end. Below is my time line. Wishing every one best of luck for oaths and test .. This forum was a great help during that long waited time.

Applied for citizenship in Dec 2014.

Got invite for test on Aug 21,2015.

Decision Made on Aug 23,2015

Oath taken on Nov 02,2015
Hey Sid,

Did they instruct you to apply for passport after a week?