+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aramis77 said:
Thanks for the info. What exactly immigration clearance is?
That's 1 of the 3 clearances every application has to go thru and is the only one that is done internally. The other 2 are security and criminality, both done externally with other government agencies.

It is to check whether you are inadmissible under any citizenship and immigration section

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
aramis77 said:
Thanks for the info. What exactly immigration clearance is?
I believe immigration clearance has to do with making sure that your permanent residence status is valid, and that there is no immigration hearings, removal orders, etc....

aramis77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
I believe immigration clearance has to do with making sure that your permanent residence status is valid, and that there is no immigration hearings, removal orders, etc....
Thanks for the info and congratulations for your citizenship.

sid377

Jun 28, 2011
Hi Guys,

Well tomorrow is a big day I will be taking my oath and will become a Canadian Citizenship. Thanks to ALMIGHTY for HIS countless BLESSINGS. I have question as what documents to take with me on Oath day. Letter says all documents but i am confused. Any one who has taken oath lately can answer my question would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

shail14

Jul 4, 2015
sid377 said:
Hi Guys,

Well tomorrow is a big day I will be taking my oath and will become a Canadian Citizenship. Thanks to ALMIGHTY for HIS countless BLESSINGS. I have question as what documents to take with me on Oath day. Letter says all documents but i am confused. Any one who has taken oath lately can answer my question would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Sid377,

i think you need to take your PR CARD, AND OATH LETTER AND YOUR CURRENT VALID PASPPORT OR ALSO COPR.

ALSO PLEASE IF YOU CAN SHARE YOUR COMPLETE TIMELINE WITH US....

Thank you,

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
sid377 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Congrats !!!, you must carry for Canadian Oath Ceremony, ORIGINAL Oath invitation letter, Permanent Residence Card, SIN Card, All passports, Landing Certificates. Good to have but not required - Driving License, Health Card etc

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
sid377 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Congrats

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
janoo said:
Message for samreen

Can you inform us the oath place ?? and what is your local office..
Hi Janoo,

OATH place is Scarborough Town Center, that is also my local office. (Scarborough Office)

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
kimba409 said:
Congrats samreentariq.

im REALLY happy for you! and also really thankful for all your help. keep the rest of us strugglers in ure prayers! i'm anxiously waiting for my letter.

one last question; do u now have 6 lines in ure e-cas? (received/aor/in process/transfer/test/oath)
Hi Kimba,

I have 6 lines.

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 2, 2015.
2) We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2015.
3) We started processing your application on June 11, 2015.
4) Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 16, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
5) We sent you a notice on August 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 8, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
6) We sent you a notice on October 28, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 13, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It should say on the letter invite. Don't forget to bring the oath invite, PR card and Landing Document. They will take your PR but not the Landing Document.

sid377 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!, you must carry for Canadian Oath Ceremony, ORIGINAL Oath invitation letter, Permanent Residence Card, SIN Card, All passports, Landing Certificates. Good to have but not required - Driving License, Health Card etc
No one asked me to bring my SIN card, and I can't find that information anywhere on the CIC website, regarding documents to bring to the oath ceremony. You'll need all of your original immigration documents, plus two pieces of identification, (driver's licence, health card, etc....) and all passports currently in your possession, whether current or expired. Surely you can bring your SIN card if you want, though. Nothing wrong with wanting to be safe, rather than sorry. I don't think they'll ask for it, though.

nuna

Jul 22, 2015
Hello Everyone,

congrats to everyone who are through with this frustrating waiting-game and have their new passports in hand.

However I seem to be one of the less-lucky ones. :'(
I had my interview (over 55, so no test!) on July 3rd and haven't heard anything about my oath yet! The interview went really well and was over after around 5 minutes. The officer told me I should expect a letter in a month or two. But my status remained 'In Process' until October 3rd, when it was finally changed to 'Decision Made'. I still don't have an update about my oath though. My office is Scarborough! I appreciate any feedback or any explanations any of you might have as to WHY!! :'( :'( :'( :'(
This is my timeline:
Application Rec'd: Dec. 24
Acknowledged: Feb. 19
Processing started: Apr. 1
Test/Interview: July 3
Decision made: Oct. 3

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuna said:
Hello Everyone,

congrats to everyone who are through with this frustrating waiting-game and have their new passports in hand.

However I seem to be one of the less-lucky ones. :'(
I had my interview (over 55, so no test!) on July 3rd and haven't heard anything about my oath yet! The interview went really well and was over after around 5 minutes. The officer told me I should expect a letter in a month or two. But my status remained 'In Process' until October 3rd, when it was finally changed to 'Decision Made'. I still don't have an update about my oath though. My office is Scarborough! I appreciate any feedback or any explanations any of you might have as to WHY!! :'( :'( :'( :'(
This is my timeline:
Application Rec'd: Dec. 24
Acknowledged: Feb. 19
Processing started: Apr. 1
Test/Interview: July 3
Decision made: Oct. 3
Don't go with your test date, go with the date of your decision made. Right now majority of people who had the decision made on First week of September got their oath. Yours will be soon

nuna

Jul 22, 2015
shaazdeh said:
Don't go with your test date, go with the date of your decision made. Right now majority of people who had the decision made on First week of September got their oath. Yours will be soon
Thank you for the comment. I didn't know it goes by decision made and not the test date. Many of the people who had their tests LOOOONG after me already have their passports in hand! I am do very depressed about this waiting game that I see absolutely no end in sight...