+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hi Deen,

Well the thing is that first the officer said it s all good and he will get his oath letter in 2-4 months.
Plus his status has been changed to DM since end of June. And yes we provided the tickets and itinerary plus letter from his employer for his travel records.
So he is all clear.. ..just don't know why it takes so long to send out the letter.
CIC has no structure in place and it s super frustrating! We have been waiting now 1 1/2 months since the DM update.
maybe it s a case of not enough space for applicants to take the oath ceremony but than they should clear the people who passed the test first instead of mixing it all up.
We had the same stupid issue with his application in the first place. That it got "lost", so we had to send a new one 6 months later. And than they found his original one. Wtf! I just hate incompetent unorganized people.

Patience, I know! But they seriously have to overhaul this process and get some structure in it. It s just not acceptable and we live in the 21 st century where it s not that hard to creat a right software program to help with the timelines and organization. There is no excuse for this.

Sorry had to rant ; )

ote author=deen1981 link=topic=266529.msg4553427#msg4553427 date=1439359046]
Wish your husband the best of luck.

It seems there is an initial residence assessment at Sydney and subsequent one at local CIC office. Subsequently, once you are called in the interviewing officer checks the physical to confirm whether the facts as submitted are in order. If the interviewing officer is satisfied the file is given to Level 2 officer for final clearance.

CBSA records only indicate what date someone entered the country not when they left so this leaves the door open for further possible questioning.

For others who may be in a similar situation, it makes sense to photocopy your passport in full before handing it in to collect the new one. Secondly, keep the evidence pertaining to the travel on hand and even submit it along with your application i.e boarding passes, ticket itinerary,

Not worth risking suspicion leading to delays in my opinion.
[/quote]

deen1981

May 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cfbebe said:
Hi Deen,

Well the thing is that first the officer said it s all good and he will get his oath letter in 2-4 months.
Plus his status has been changed to DM since end of June. And yes we provided the tickets and itinerary plus letter from his employer for his travel records.
So he is all clear.. ..just don't know why it takes so long to send out the letter.
CIC has no structure in place and it s super frustrating! We have been waiting now 1 1/2 months since the DM update.
maybe it s a case of not enough space for applicants to take the oath ceremony but than they should clear the people who passed the test first instead of mixing it all up.
We had the same stupid issue with his application in the first place. That it got "lost", so we had to send a new one 6 months later. And than they found his original one. Wtf! I just hate incompetent unorganized people.

Patience, I know! But they seriously have to overhaul this process and get some structure in it. It s just not acceptable and we live in the 21 st century where it s not that hard to creat a right software program to help with the timelines and organization. There is no excuse for this.

Sorry had to rant ; )

ote author=deen1981 link=topic=266529.msg4553427#msg4553427 date=1439359046]
Wish your husband the best of luck.

It seems there is an initial residence assessment at Sydney and subsequent one at local CIC office. Subsequently, once you are called in the interviewing officer checks the physical to confirm whether the facts as submitted are in order. If the interviewing officer is satisfied the file is given to Level 2 officer for final clearance.

CBSA records only indicate what date someone entered the country not when they left so this leaves the door open for further possible questioning.

For others who may be in a similar situation, it makes sense to photocopy your passport in full before handing it in to collect the new one. Secondly, keep the evidence pertaining to the travel on hand and even submit it along with your application i.e boarding passes, ticket itinerary,

Not worth risking suspicion leading to delays in my opinion.
The reason I know about these two Level 1 and Level 2 officers is because of CIC citizenship file you can request from ATIP. And it seems the 2nd has the authority to un-do whatever first may have said as Decision is not made at that point. However, since you did provide both the tickets and letter from employer and Im assuming it must have been a reputable/sizeable enough company for them to go accept it then its all good. In any case since DM most likely its a waiting game. For my wife who was processed in Scarborough you can see my timeline but the status remained in process until the very end and when DM appeared the 5th line of ceremony followed few days after.

For sure agreed the process is a little unsystematic and inexcusable in this day and age. Files getting lost.... is just really what can we even begin to say about this. I wonder if they say this just to get an additional set to confirm that all evidences match, who knows :)

But that is great to hear about your husband's case and I think you should just relax and coast to the oath rather then work yourself about it, its done :)

bugslife

Jun 23, 2010
India
Visa Office......
N.D
NOC Code......
XXXX
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Request
18-03-2011
Interview........
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
Successfully landed...
Ecas status. DM
Inside no update after exam line [Apr 1st]

but received oath invitation last week, completed ceremony yesterday [11th] and became citizen.

The officer told me that it was second ceremony and there are 3-4 ceremonies going on same day with 2 hours gap. 84 people attended for oath. Good luck to all of you for your final step.. :)

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Guys,

I am loosing hope now to get my Oath Letter. Its been 5 months no light. I now feel that they lost my file.

I can not believe and make no sense even after 5 months they are not able to make up any decision. I am really frustrated. Even My whole PR application was processed and completed in 5 months.

What is the possibility of them loosing individual file?

zero7

Jul 18, 2015
Just changed to DM today! Thank you all for your help!

My exam was taken on April 23.

We sent you a notice on August 11, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 25, 2015.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malu08 said:
Guys,

I am loosing hope now to get my Oath Letter. Its been 5 months no light. I now feel that they lost my file.

I can not believe and make no sense even after 5 months they are not able to make up any decision. I am really frustrated. Even My whole PR application was processed and completed in 5 months.

Don't worry my friend. I am from 12th March as well. There are few others too. They definitely did not loose the file.

It is just weird that they will schedule April test takers before March. Not sure what schedule they following.

Harnit

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
malu08 said:
Guys,

I am in same boat as well. I did my test back March 11, 2015 still no oath.

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Good news here...hubby had his status updated.
Oath letter has been sent August 11th and his ceremony will be August 25th at 8:30 am.
Again test taken o Arill 22d. DM end of June and today his profile was updated.

Good luck to all still waiting especially March and April ones!!!
I hope you get your good news this week too!

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Good news here...hubby had his status updated.
Oath letter has been sent August 11th and his ceremony will be August 25th at 8:30 am.
Again test taken o Arill 22d. DM end of June and today his profile was updated.

Good luck to all still waiting especially March and April ones!!!
I hope you get your good news this week too!

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats for everyone have got his Oath invite. :)
It seams that I will be making a record. My case has been DM status for 50 days and no letter yet. What is going on??? anyone tells me please.

aramis77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waiting continuous for oath.

Exam taken on 10th of March together with my wife. Mine D.Made on 17th July but my wife status is still in progress. It was a family application.

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
aramis77 said:
Waiting continuous for oath.

Exam taken on 10th of March together with my wife. Mine D.Made on 17th July but my wife status is still in progress. It was a family application.
Same here..

Wrote exam on March 17th with my wife. No status change yet. I think those who have some kind of conflict in the application has been pending for approval from another officer.
In my case there was two points on my wife application. but the officer says OK after looking at our documents. May be he has sent for review.
It seems we are in non- routine now. That's my guess

Otherwise there is no point that CIC ignore March test takers.

Oct 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mine is also a family application. test done on April 13th. Decision Made for both since july 13th. Waiting for oath.I am oct 2014 applicant.CIC office during review sent my application for ICES check. I think, decision made status is updated only after that, otherwise i would have got CIT0520 or RQ. Will keep the forum posted with any developments.

aramis77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you a right. We would get RQ otherwise. My guess is that even if it is family application each application is being sent to different officer and therefore one is DM and the other is in progress.

Curious2010

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
10-06-2011
One more 5 moths+ oath waiting candidate here. My MP told everything OK on my file and waiting for oath schedule. It will be sometime in early Sept
oath date. but no one know what is real with them!

Frustrated!