+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys,

My hubby passed the test on April 22d, 2015 at Scarborough and stillno invitation.
But at least the ecas is updated to decision has been made. We were hoping to get the letter soon as we are expecting our first child at the end of September. Hopefully we get the invitation for end of August or beginning of Septembwr.
Is there no direct line to change the oath ceremony day? Babies come when they want...lol.
Also any idea how often they do an oath ceremony ? Twice a month? Every week?

Thx.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cfbebe said:
Hi guys,

My hubby passed the test on April 22d, 2015 at Scarborough and stillno invitation.
But at least the ecas is updated to decision has been made. We were hoping to get the letter soon as we are expecting our first child at the end of September. Hopefully we get the invitation for end of August or beginning of Septembwr.
Is there no direct line to change the oath ceremony day? Babies come when they want...lol.
Also any idea how often they do an oath ceremony ? Twice a month? Every week?

Thx.
Oath can happen every business days, sometime three times a day. When I took my oath they were doing it even on Saturday. Check the link below. When did your husband changed to decision made and when did he applied?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone from March 21st test waiting for oath letter?

Am I alone now from March batch after all that activity last week?

deen1981

May 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so here is the timeline with Ecas update today but makes no sense... Its a repeat of line 4 with just date changed. The status still indicates In process.... No letter yet, what the heck does this mean?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 5, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on February 5, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on March 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 10, 2015 at 11:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a notice on March 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 10, 2015 at 11:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

zero7

Jul 18, 2015
deen1981 said:
Ok so here is the timeline with Ecas update today but makes no sense... Its a repeat of line 4 with just date changed. The status still indicates In process.... No letter yet, what the heck does this mean?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 5, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on March 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 10, 2015 at 11:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a notice on March 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 10, 2015 at 11:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Hey Deen, you are not alone ::)

I've checked my ecas status today and found out the last line changed as well. I've rescheduled my test date from March 19 to April 23, it's now updated, showing April 23 but still showing in process.

I guess we can just wait and see if it will change to DM within a couple of days?

deen1981

May 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deen1981 said:

5th line disappeared.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems I am one of the last men/women standing from March with approved applications on so called OATH BACKLOG!!

bbazna

Mar 13, 2015
April 1st take the test still hanging there its almost 4 month,no update on eCase or invitation for oath??whats going on??shouldn't we go to Scarborugh office and asking about this delay ????anyone agree :mad: :( :eek: 8) ??? ::) :p :-[ :-X :-\ :'(

Hadinoor

Jul 19, 2015
maali said:
Anyone from March 21st test waiting for oath letter?

Am I alone now from March batch after all that activity last week?
We are in the same boat but couldn't understand the reason behind such delay.