+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you see a decision made on your ecas and the interviewing officer said your application was fine, you should expect your written invitation in a couple of days to weeks. Congratulations to you lot!!!

stonelzl

May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friday was a bad day to call CIC agent. Just dropped the call, a very impatient lady even did not bother to open my file. Just asked when application was received then told me processing time not passed yet, she can only redirect me to online status check. She also told me the average waiting time from test to oath ceremony is 6 months. Is she kidding? Or she counted St. Claire non-routine case which is counted by years? :D

Anyway, will not call them on Friday anymore. My friends usually call on Friday and never get any useful information. My call was pretty productive, like told me my file was lost and I need to resubmit. Another story. :-[

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
Scarborough citizenship said:
I had my citizenship test earlier this week (2nd June) in the Scarborough office. Passed the test, but when the officer called me over, she was coencerned that she could not read some of the arabic stamps dating back to 2008, so she asked me to get my passport translated and either mail back to her our hand deliver before 3p.m. I was able to hand deliver only the 3 arabic pages. She said she would have a look at them and get back to me if she needed anything (she was very rushed & just met me in the hallway). I asked timeline, she said 2-4 months like everyone else now that she had the documents she needed. My question to the group is anyone else who had the test in Scarborough, how was your experience? Was everyone turned away with the same ' we will get back to you in 2-4 months '? I ask because exactly 1 year ago, when my wife went for the test, she was offered oath dates by the officer asked when she would be able to attend. Wondering if they have changed the process since last year or my case is a one off thanks to the translation issue?
I also had some Arabic stamps (from UAE) on my passport that dated well before 2008 and some are hard to read too, however I was never questions about those stamps. My interview was literally less than 2 minutes and the male office told me everything was good and I would get my oath invite in 2-4 months.
Your case seem strange, why the heck would the officer care about stamps dating back to 2008?! For citizenship you are required to show 1096 days of physicals presence, so why do they care about what happened in 2008 and before?!

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
rmust said:
I also had some Arabic stamps (from UAE) on my passport that dated well before 2008 and some are hard to read too, however I was never questions about those stamps. My interview was literally less than 2 minutes and the male office told me everything was good and I would get my oath invite in 2-4 months.
Your case seem strange, why the heck would the officer care about stamps dating back to 2008?! For citizenship you are required to show 1096 days of physicals presence, so why do they care about what happened in 2008 and before?!

Seems no PINKY this week... anyone contacted CIC this week and have good news for us :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
I believe her database for average is nation wide, which includes all offices in Canada.
stonelzl said:
Friday was a bad day to call CIC agent. Just dropped the call, a very impatient lady even did not bother to open my file. Just asked when application was received then told me processing time not passed yet, she can only redirect me to online status check. She also told me the average waiting time from test to oath ceremony is 6 months. Is she kidding? Or she counted St. Claire non-routine case which is counted by years? :D

Anyway, will not call them on Friday anymore. My friends usually call on Friday and never get any useful information. My call was pretty productive, like told me my file was lost and I need to resubmit. Another story. :-[

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stonelzl said:
Congratulations! Your case was fast!
Thanks a lot. Yes, somewhat fast. Entire process took almost 9 months for me. My case was pretty straight forward as I didn't have any travel after I arrived and there was nothing they could hold my application for. I hope you get your invite soon.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received Oath letter this morning for 16th June early morning slot.. It looks CIC finalizing from the date of application receive to the oath everything just under a year.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my pinky today (this afternoon). Should have come earlier in May but I rescheduled. I also noticed that my ecas changed from in process to decision made this morning. Scheduled for June 16 at 8.30 am

flydream

May 26, 2015
dav3000 said:
Got my pinky today (this afternoon). Should have come earlier in May but I rescheduled. I also noticed that my ecas changed from in process to decision made this morning. Scheduled for June 16 at 8.30 am
I got my oath letter today for June 16. (took test on Mar 14)

Jun 4, 2015
rmust said:
She has no way of knowing the stamps were 2008 because she didn't read arabic. Based on my word only which is why she asked for translation.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Congrats, and you are from June 2014 applicants too.
rayman_m said:
Received Oath letter this morning for 16th June early morning slot.. It looks CIC finalizing from the date of application receive to the oath everything just under a year.

nawar_n

Mar 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flydream said:
I got my oath letter today for June 16. (took test on Mar 14)
Congrats @flydream!! Glad to see my 14th of March fellows getting it. I hope next week will be mine ;D ;D ;D ;D

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to see movement at Scarborough but still not up to speed.

It seems they will take 2-4 months as said during interview.

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
rayman_m said:
Congratulation... what was the issuing data of your letter :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: