waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
indocanadian15 said:
So I had my test today at 10:15 am. The test administrator was rude. She got grumpy as I asked her on how the shading works - she said 'I just told everybody!' Anyways, got 20/20 with no problems, but felt that Interview was kind of intense though. The officer asked a few casual questions and started grilling into my travel declared on the calculator. She was asking how many days did you go here, etc. In my head (it's all there on that sheet) - but gave her all the answers as I had a copy of the calculator. Then she asked why I chose to apply exactly when I reached 1095 - threw me off a little bit. I just replied stating that I have a log of my travel and applied as I'm confident that I reached the requirement. Still cannot figure out why she asked me that.
Anyways, I tried to lighten the conversation by telling her what I usually do when I go to Buffalo, etc as she asked about my trips down south. Towards the end, she mentioned to me that everything looks good, except that I need have 1 more security clearance as I don't have any family here!!! Again a curve ball - never heard of this one before. I asked her if I should do anything? She said I might get a finger print request. Asked her if she would know of the timeframe - she said No idea!
Hope I did not blow it up :(
Wow that makes me really angry for you. Sounds like the lady I had - everything was fine and I also scored a 20/20 then she had issues with the fact I flew to the US a lot during 2011 to visit family and I got hit with a CIT0520 a month later. Lame.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
indocanadian15 said:
Towards the end, she mentioned to me that everything looks good, except that I need have 1 more security clearance as I don't have any family here!!! Again a curve ball - never heard of this one before. I asked her if I should do anything? She said I might get a finger print request.
the FP request is odd. I am guessing you have a name that matches someone else's ane so they are doing a verification check or something? How bizzare though..the way she announced it. although she seems to have said the FP request could be a "might get" ..does not that you may not?

No family and so FP request justs soundsnfunny/ odd.

Was she herself an immigrant or a original canadian ?

Jun 1, 2015
us2yow said:
the FP request is odd. I am guessing you have a name that matches someone else's ane so they are doing a verification check or something? How bizzare though..the way she announced it. although she seems to have said the FP request could be a "might get" ..does not that you may not?

No family and so FP request justs soundsnfunny/ odd.

Was she herself an immigrant or a original canadian ?
Exactly! It was very odd -especially the rational she offered for another security clearance. And trust me, my name is not a common name at all and I don't see it being of any interest to them even if they were to stereotype. Anyways, I trust it is best for the country to scrutinize before offering citizenship and will abide by it. And yes, you guessed it right, she was a Asian Canadian (but don't think that should matter). Fingers crossed!

Jun 1, 2015
cec2011 said:
Wow that makes me really angry for you. Sounds like the lady I had - everything was fine and I also scored a 20/20 then she had issues with the fact I flew to the US a lot during 2011 to visit family and I got hit with a CIT0520 a month later. Lame.
Thanks cec2011 and can empathize your situation. Lame indeed. However, did she not sound convinced when you provided her with the details on your US travel? I agree, if anything you'd much rather provide them with the evidence right there during your interview instead of going through this redtape.

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
Scarbaria office seems to be even slower this week compare to last! SUCKS!

nawar_n

Mar 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It has been 81 days today since I took the test on March 14th and there's no sign for any Oath letter. It boggles my mind that even if you are a government employee who is doing a job of data entry into a some sort of database, for each character in the application, which is only four pages, you should have been finished by now! Saying that and seeing someone on this forum who got their letter after exactly one week is crazy, which means that is the actual processing time. Now the big rhetorical question is, what's going on in there?!

flydream

May 26, 2015
nawar_n said:
It has been 81 days today since I took the test on March 14th and there's no sign for any Oath letter. It boggles my mind that even if you are a government employee who is doing a job of data entry into a some sort of database, for each characters in the application, which is only four pages, you should have been finished by now! Saying that and seeing someone on this forum who got their letter after exactly one week is crazy, which means that is the actual processing time. Now the big rhetorical question is, what's going on in there?!
I also took the test on 14th (1:30pm). No news today.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's start a trend here in order to know where the problem lies; who was your interviewing officer (Give a brief description?

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
dav3000 said:
Let's start a trend here in order to know where the problem lies; who was your interviewing officer (Give a brief description?
What is the different if you know who's the interviewer..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
flydream said:
lol. maybe help future testers avoid these interviewers. Mine is 50+ old Chinese/Cantonese Lady.
Mine was 50+ old male but not sure about his origin... but how to avoid it????

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
Torontonion said:
Hi Did my test on 8th April and ecase change to Decision Made today, let us see what next ;D
Did my test March 25th, passed, got form CIT0520 and sent that in, also changed to Decision Made today, however no further update with regards to that.