+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanboy said:
There are only 2 ceremonies scheduled after this week...
Will Civic Centre accommodate more people?

Address:
150 Borough Dr.
Scarborough , Ontario, M1P 4N7
Date:
Friday March 20, 2015
Time:
10:00 AM
Open to Public:
Yes

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office
Address:
200 Town Centre Court, Suite 300
Scarborough , Ontario, M1P 4X8
Date:
Thursday April 09, 2015
Time:
11:30 AM
Open to Public:
Yes
How come it goes from 3 sessions per day for 2 weeks to only 2 sessions in 4 weeks...

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly the same story as mine on the same day.

simply test, simply interview, go home and wait for the oath letter.

Anyway, I hope they move a bit slower on my case since I will travel on 04/02, and don't want to have the rush order on passport and pay the extra money.

Good luck to all.

desigirltoronto84 said:
Update from my test today:

Had my test today. Passed with a score of 19 out of 20. The questions were easy. I finished it under 5 mins. The questions can be multiple choice, fill in the blanks and true or false. Overall, i would say the test was very easy.

The interview was quick. He checked my passport(s), my IDs. Then he said, I want to go over your absences. (I came prepared with additional documents etc.) I said, well I have these additional documents if you wish to check and verify the entries one by one. He then said, well you don't have that many (whilst glancing over my residence calculator). Your file looks good, you should receive the oath invite within 2 to 4 months. He went over the documents I need to bring for my oath. On and he asked me about where I work and what I do for a living.

Few tips:
1. Read the book. Take online tests. Read the book again.
2. Arrive at the test center 15 - 20 mins ahead of time.
3. You are not allowed to take drinks or food inside.
4. Follow the instructions carefully.

Other things I noticed/overheard during my interview :
1. No body for our session got the oath invite right away.
2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
3. I overheard an interviewer telling the interviewee that they were giving away oath letter on the spot but they are not doing that any more - specially for the new applications. Apparently there is a lot of backlog.
4. The instructor told us that at the interview they will check out english speaking skills - and that we should not answer these questions in one or two words. We should be able to answer these questions in full sentences.

P.S. I was hoping to get the oath letter today. Sigh. Anyway, I think it worked out for the best given that my trip is in couple weeks I would have had to rush to get my passport done. I get more time now. Also, my folks can attend the ceremony (hopefully) as they are visiting me over summer. Another silver lining.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hchalz said:
Exactly the same story as mine on the same day.

simply test, simply interview, go home and wait for the oath letter.

Anyway, I hope they move a bit slower on my case since I will travel on 04/02, and don't want to have the rush order on passport and pay the extra money.

Good luck to all.
There won't be many ceremonies for the next month. just wondering if Civic Centre will take more people at the same time?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanboy said:
There are only 2 ceremonies scheduled after this week...
Will Civic Centre accommodate more people?

Address:
150 Borough Dr.
Scarborough , Ontario, M1P 4N7
Date:
Friday March 20, 2015
Time:
10:00 AM
Open to Public:
Yes

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office
Address:
200 Town Centre Court, Suite 300
Scarborough , Ontario, M1P 4X8
Date:
Thursday April 09, 2015
Time:
11:30 AM
Open to Public:
Yes
I find in CIC site there was ceremony almost every weekday in few session in March up to 12th. It could be there is not much people left after test for oath after 12th March and CIC scheduled only 1 in March 20 and then in April 9.. I think CIC may update more schedules in March and April as the test progresses..

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are tons of oath ceremonies available in mississauga. Maybe some of us will be transferred there? Judging from the testing progress reported here, Scarborough certainly can't do with only 2 ceremonies in the next 4 weeks.

rayman_m said:
I find in CIC site there was ceremony almost every weekday in few session in March up to 12th. It could be there is not much people left after test for oath after 12th March and CIC scheduled only 1 in March 20 and then in April 9.. I think CIC may update more schedules in March and April as the test progresses..

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hchalz said:
There are tons of oath ceremonies available in mississauga. Maybe some of us will be transferred there? Judging from the testing progress reported here, Scarborough certainly can't do with only 2 ceremonies in the next 4 weeks.
I thinks it beacuse of March break , a lot of officers would be having holidays ... i think it shoud be speedup again by end of march month :)

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I had my Citizenship test at Scarborough office yesterday. Passed with 20/20 marks. Hopefully will get the letter for Oath Ceremony soon.

Good Luck!

Harnit

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harnit2010 said:
Hi All,
I had my Citizenship test at Scarborough office yesterday. Passed with 20/20 marks. Hopefully will get the letter for Oath Ceremony soon.

Good Luck!

Harnit
Congrats harnit. Mine was a day before you. How was your interview? Did the officer ask you a lot of questions?

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
torontoguy1981 said:
Local office : Scarborough
App sent : Oct 6th 2014
App received : Oct 9th 2014
In process :Nov 24th 2014
Test : Feb 03 2015
Oath : Today Feb 23/ 2015
Can you tell us when you received the oath letter?

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello all, sharing my test experience

i had my test today at scarborough. there were about 25 - 30 people for the test.

after entering, the security guard asks you for your yellow paper. he sees it and then returns it back to you. he then asks you to wait over there, there are chairs lined up.

about 15 minutes before your test time, the officials ask you to enter the test room.

the officials provide instructions on the next step of actions and how to write the test.

the test is easy if you have read the discover canada booklet at least 2 or 3 times.

i was not given a oath letter on the spot, was advised it will be sent by mail to me.

hope this experience helps others.

good luck and now the wait for oath letter begins.

cecapplied

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am also waiting for Oath letter. I gave my Test in Scarborough on Feb 26th.

If we have only two cermonies scheduled - March 20th and April 9th in the coming 2 months - can we expect oath letter for these? March 20th is not possible as it is too close. Next one is our target :D if everything goes well.

Pray for us......Thank you

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Congrats harnit. Mine was a day before you. How was your interview? Did the officer ask you a lot of questions?
Congrats to you as well. He did not ask me too many questions but I had around 26 trips to US and he was kind of concerned about it. I submitted CBSA entry exit records with my application so he was convinced about it but otherwise not much.

Harnit

jan01

Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

i had test on 12th march.
same boat waiting for oath
everybody please keep updating
thx
Jan