+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More than 4,500 new citizens join the Canadian family
March 31, 2014—Scarborough (Toronto), ON—More than 4,500 new citizens from over 140 countries were welcomed to Canada at 49 citizenship ceremonies held at Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)’s office in Scarborough over the past two weeks.

This includes five ceremonies taking place at CIC Scarborough today, which will see a total of approximately 500 people from 63 countries granted citizenship.
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=832949

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
chikloo said:
In general within 2 months. I have seen people getting Oath invite the same day of the test. So no concrete timeline.
Did they give you the RQ or tell you about it at the interview

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
laxmikanthms said:
Pradeep have you got the Oath invite already.....what did the officer say after the interview and did he/she say and timeframe on when to expect the invite or oath date....
When they sent you the otter of Oath?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update from my test today:

Had my test today. Passed with a score of 19 out of 20. The questions were easy. I finished it under 5 mins. The questions can be multiple choice, fill in the blanks and true or false. Overall, i would say the test was very easy.

The interview was quick. He checked my passport(s), my IDs. Then he said, I want to go over your absences. (I came prepared with additional documents etc.) I said, well I have these additional documents if you wish to check and verify the entries one by one. He then said, well you don't have that many (whilst glancing over my residence calculator). Your file looks good, you should receive the oath invite within 2 to 4 months. He went over the documents I need to bring for my oath. On and he asked me about where I work and what I do for a living.

Few tips:
1. Read the book. Take online tests. Read the book again.
2. Arrive at the test center 15 - 20 mins ahead of time.
3. You are not allowed to take drinks or food inside.
4. Follow the instructions carefully.

Other things I noticed/overheard during my interview :
1. No body for our session got the oath invite right away.
2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
3. I overheard an interviewer telling the interviewee that they were giving away oath letter on the spot but they are not doing that any more - specially for the new applications. Apparently there is a lot of backlog.
4. The instructor told us that at the interview they will check out english speaking skills - and that we should not answer these questions in one or two words. We should be able to answer these questions in full sentences.

P.S. I was hoping to get the oath letter today. Sigh. Anyway, I think it worked out for the best given that my trip is in couple weeks I would have had to rush to get my passport done. I get more time now. Also, my folks can attend the ceremony (hopefully) as they are visiting me over summer. Another silver lining.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience. Funny thing is i had made a note on my notes that you have your test today so to send you a post/PM to check how it went. You did not give me the change to follow up with you.

I noticed that scarborough had oath ceremonies scheduled for today, so i was hoping you will get your oath done as well today, but oh well

thanks again for sharing your experience.

cecapplied

desigirltoronto84 said:
Update from my test today:

Had my test today. Passed with a score of 19 out of 20. The questions were easy. I finished it under 5 mins. The questions can be multiple choice, fill in the blanks and true or false. Overall, i would say the test was very easy.

The interview was quick. He checked my passport(s), my IDs. Then he said, I want to go over your absences. (I came prepared with additional documents etc.) I said, well I have these additional documents if you wish to check and verify the entries one by one. He then said, well you don't have that many (whilst glancing over my residence calculator). Your file looks good, you should receive the oath invite within 2 to 4 months. He went over the documents I need to bring for my oath. On and he asked me about where I work and what I do for a living.

Few tips:
1. Read the book. Take online tests. Read the book again.
2. Arrive at the test center 15 - 20 mins ahead of time.
3. You are not allowed to take drinks or food inside.
4. Follow the instructions carefully.

Other things I noticed/overheard during my interview :
1. No body for our session got the oath invite right away.
2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
3. I overheard an interviewer telling the interviewee that they were giving away oath letter on the spot but they are not doing that any more - specially for the new applications. Apparently there is a lot of backlog.
4. The instructor told us that at the interview they will check out english speaking skills - and that we should not answer these questions in one or two words. We should be able to answer these questions in full sentences.

P.S. I was hoping to get the oath letter today. Sigh. Anyway, I think it worked out for the best given that my trip is in couple weeks I would have had to rush to get my passport done. I get more time now. Also, my folks can attend the ceremony (hopefully) as they are visiting me over summer. Another silver lining.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecapplied said:
Funny thing is i had made a note on my notes that you have your test today so to send you a post/PM to check how it went. You did not give me the change to follow up with you.
You wrote down my test date in your notes and you were thinking of send me a post/PM to check up on me? Oh... I feel important now. haha... :p thanks for following up on me, mate! Let me know if you have any specific question - I am happy to help.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
desigirl,

any idea on which question you missed ? You should have guessed by now..was it date related ? name related ? can you recall...you sound like you were well prepared..so if you missed this one question...makes me wonder if it was a trick question maybe ?

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ha ha - :D considering that my test is on the day after, i had made that note.

cecpplied

desigirltoronto84 said:
You wrote down my test date in your notes and you were thinking of send me a post/PM to check up on me? Oh... I feel important now. haha... :p thanks for following up on me, mate! Let me know if you have any specific question - I am happy to help.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
desigirl,

any idea on which question you missed ? You should have guessed by now..was it date related ? name related ? can you recall...you sound like you were well prepared..so if you missed this one question...makes me wonder if it was a trick question maybe ?
I know which one I answered incorrectly and looking back I can say it was a trick question - it was a true or false type question. But the tricky part was 4 out of 5 facts in the statement were true. There was one tiny fact that was incorrect. I had my doubts about that one but I thought well the other big facts were all true so that 5th fact must be true too.

The question had to do with Canadian constituency.

Oh and thank god - not a lot of dates and names were asked at the test. *bows infront of 10 million desi gods and lights an incense stick*

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
darn ! I was hoping you might remember what that ONE tricky choice/option among the 5 options was that "seemed correct" but in reality was incorrect ?

OK...it's spring...jog that memory for us :D

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
darn ! I was hoping you might remember what that ONE tricky choice/option among the 5 options was that "seemed correct" but in reality was incorrect ?

OK...it's spring...jog that memory for us :D
Who said I don't remember ? I just choose not to share the specifics because we were instructed not to. I already gave you the general question area.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are only 2 ceremonies scheduled after this week...
Will Civic Centre accommodate more people?

Address:
150 Borough Dr.
Scarborough , Ontario, M1P 4N7
Date:
Friday March 20, 2015
Time:
10:00 AM
Open to Public:
Yes

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office
Address:
200 Town Centre Court, Suite 300
Scarborough , Ontario, M1P 4X8
Date:
Thursday April 09, 2015
Time:
11:30 AM
Open to Public:
Yes

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
desigirltoronto84 said:
Who said I don't remember ? I just choose not to share the specifics because we were instructed not to. I already gave you the general question area.
booo hooo ! sniff...sniff..... :'( :'(