+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

chris0204

Apr 27, 2015
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 4, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 26, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 6, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 14, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on March 9, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 25, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

still waiting for oath.......... :( :( :( :( :(

Oct 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i took my test on April 13th @ scarborough CIC....In interview agent told that she has to review my travel history

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
144853 said:
i took my test on April 13th @ scarborough CIC....In interview agent told that she has to review my travel history
have you been out of Canada?

Oct 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
most of my trips are weekend day trips...16 day trips over 4 years.

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
144853 said:
most of my trips are weekend day trips...16 day trips over 4 years.
I also took the exam April 13th. When I was interviewed, I was asked several questions about my trips and residency. I was asked to countersign some corrected information. After that I was told that I will get my oath notice in 2 to 4 months. I hope everything goes well, and I hope to get my oath notice soon.

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
icemwaahh said:
I also took the exam April 13th. When I was interviewed, I was asked several questions about my trips and residency. I was asked to countersign some corrected information. After that I was told that I will get my oath notice in 2 to 4 months. I hope everything goes well, and I hope to get my oath notice soon.
I took my test on April 15th. I have multiple states visits and multiple visits to India. the lady who interviewed me put check marks on my last couple of stamps. I was asked to countersign on my employment and address. I was told that I will get oath notice in 2-4 months and kids are not required for oath.

I hope that is a positive sign and it won't take longer time to get oath letter.

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Guys,

I AM JOINING THIS THREAD TODAY..

I took my test this morning in Scarborough, and then I went in for the interview with a kind lady officer who told me it was her first day interviewing people....

She congratulated me for a perfect score (20/20).

She asked me if I was still working, if I have ever been convicted, etc...

She checked documents. I told her I had my CBSA report with me, and then she said she has it too. She matched the dates each time she found what she wanted, she nodded and ticked (✓) Sign on my residency calculator. I provided translations for the chinese stamps in my passport, but she didn't bother reading them, she just put them in my file and wrote : Translations provided.

Then she told me that I will receive a letter with the color different of that of the test invitation to attend the oath ceremony in about 2 to 3 months at the same location but on the other side of the building and that an officer will be there to assist me should I have any question about the Oath of Citizenship. I then asked : So the next step is oath? She said: Yes...

And she walked me out of the office to call the next person.

Now waiting to cross the last step!

Good luck to all of us!

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Kilimandjaro said:
Guys,

I AM JOINING THIS THREAD TODAY..

I took my test this morning in Scarborough, and then I went in for the interview with a kind lady officer who told me it was her first day interviewing people....

She congratulated me for a perfect score (20/20).

She asked me if I was still working, if I have ever been convicted, etc...

She checked documents. I told her I had my CBSA report with me, and then she said she has it too. She matched the dates each time she found what she wanted, she nodded and ticked (✓) Sign on my residency calculator. I provided translations for the chinese stamps in my passport, but she didn't bother reading them, she just put them in my file and wrote : Translations provided.

Then she told me that I will receive a letter with the color different of that of the test invitation to attend the oath ceremony in about 2 to 3 months at the same location but on the other side of the building and that an officer will be there to assist me should I have any question about the Oath of Citizenship. I then asked : So the next step is oath? She said: Yes...

And she walked me out of the office to call the next person.

Now waiting to cross the last step!

Good luck to all of us!
Congratulation... Anyone from March 10th received the PINKY today

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
harnit2010 said:
Wow!!! Congratulations!! I havn't seen anything that fast. I scored 20/20 as well but still waiting. I had my exam on 12th March. Oath letter in 2 days of test is amazing!!
Did anyone receive PINKY letter ???

Oct27

Oct 27, 2014
milamam said:
Did anyone receive PINKY letter ???
I don't think so anybody from mid March get the oath invitation.

Scarborough is getting slow as compare to last quarter.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

isilrion

May 25, 2012
Oct27 said:
I don't think so anybody from mid March get the oath invitation.

Scarborough is getting slow as compare to last quarter.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I don't know if I classify as mid-march. I took the test at the beginning of march, but my spouse had to reschedule hers until the end of march. I expected that they would treat our application as if we had taken the test at the end of march. They sent us the oath invite within two weeks of her test, and we just had our ceremony. Yet I recall that when I received my oath invite, some posters in this thread who took the test even before I did had not yet received theirs. Judging from these posts, I guess that the Scarborough office is really random, and that I got really lucky.

Oct 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems scarborough office doesn't have oath ceremonies scheduled in May as per the CIC website. On the otherhand, Mississauga has oath ceremonies scheduled till end f June. Not sure why scarborough is so laid back! :-X

rajeev123

Star Member
May 19, 2010
144853 said:
It seems scarborough office doesn't have oath ceremonies scheduled in May as per the CIC website. On the otherhand, Mississauga has oath ceremonies scheduled till end f June. Not sure why scarborough is so laid back! :-X
It's just a matter they dont update the cic website ontime. In this forum itself we have people having ceremony on May 6th which is not listed in the website.
Mississauga is good in that...daily 2-3 till june.
And i find it so funny - One oath ceremony is happening in the following location ;D

Toronto Pearson International Airport
Address:
Terminal 1, Departures Level Lounge, Aisle Q

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeev123 said:
It's just a matter they dont update the cic website ontime. In this forum itself we have people having ceremony on May 6th which is not listed in the website.
Mississauga is good in that...daily 2-3 till june.
And i find it so funny - One oath ceremony is happening in the following location ;D

Toronto Pearson International Airport
Address:
Terminal 1, Departures Level Lounge, Aisle Q
You kidding me!!! Is it real??