+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Olosbaba

Nov 7, 2018
Passed the test this morning. Hoping for a ceremony date soon

Application received Oct 16, 2017
Your application processing time is already over 12months, did they tell you when they will probably send you notice for oath ceremony

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
Your application processing time is already over 12months, did they tell you when they will probably send you notice for oath ceremony
I was told "soon". Not sure what soon means but i noticed the officer wrote on the file from outside a note saying applied over 12 months

Reactions: ddavidd1

Olosbaba

Nov 7, 2018
I was told "soon". Not sure what soon means but i noticed the officer wrote on the file from outside a note saying applied over 12 months
Ok probably you get invited soon. Scarborough sucks with time. Always extending people's processing time over 12months in Scarborough office.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
As you are over 12 months you might want to send an online message to them....this is ridiculous, its taking way too long...I'm waiting as well

MILTON APPLICANT

May 24, 2018
Hi

I need your advise guys. Its been a year the citizenship application in process. I passed citizenship test on 1st Oct at Scarborough, GTA. Since, then its in process, they called me next day and asked to provide further explanation of business activities and letter received on 3rd Oct. I contacted my local MP LISA RAITT and she told me that you application is on non routine.

The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

additional information was received from your constituent regarding their business activities.
an officer is reviewing the information received.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The immigration verifications are currently valid.

ANYONE ADVISE ME ? PLEASE!

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
I applied in December 2017, DM since July.
How long did it take to change your status after you were done with the test? i did my test yesterday and today it was updated to DM

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long did it take to change your status after you were done with the test? i did my test yesterday and today it was updated to DM
Same for me too. But its been 7 weeks since that happened and I am waiting for oath

Olosbaba

Nov 7, 2018
Same for me too. But its been 7 weeks since that happened and I am waiting for oath
Looks like Scarborough office likes holding people's application for 12month min before giving them ceremony date. Scarborough office sucks! I'm 12 months already and still waiting for oath date. Test passed on Sept 25 and DM on 26.

Reactions: punk and ddavidd1

sundie134

Jun 24, 2012
Looks like Scarborough office likes holding people's application for 12month min before giving them ceremony date. Scarborough office sucks! I'm 12 months already and still waiting for oath date. Test passed on Sept 25 and DM on 26.
I did my test sept 17, DM after 2 days, I was told expect oath in November. Back then when I inquired about my application call agent told me that my application is still in transit to Mississauga and I believe 2-3 months after my file is transfer already in Mississauga, but then I got test invite in Scarborough. Im 6 days away from 1 yr mark never receive oath so I called and the agent told me that Scarborough is holding my file and on my file they says there that it won’t be transfer back to Mississauga and Scarborough is my primary office. Right now I don’t see oath schedule in that office and I’m planning to travel before December. It’s been stressing me a lot latelyPr and passport expired thinking I will be approved before my 1 yr anniv.

cool.flaver

Aug 26, 2017
Hi guys, I’m also waiting for oath invite. It has been over 4 months now after DM.
App received: Jan 8, 2018
Test: July 5
DM: July 6
Scarborough

Reactions: ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hi guys, I’m also waiting for oath invite. It has been over 4 months now after DM.
Scarborough
Hi, I'm in the same time line as you Application received January 8th DM since July and still waiting. I think you and I were in the same group to do the test and interview...let's keep in touch..Cheers

baboo_pr

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Scarborough
Ok here is my take - Once your application's decision is made within 12 months, the system don't flag you anymore. You just have to wait for one year, Jan 9. If you don't get oath till then, they will manually schedule you.

They did that for me. I called them last week (my app was received on Nov 3). They scheduled me for oath on Dec 08 (Yes they are doing it on Saturday) . I saw this note on ecas too. Good luck.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Ok here is my take - Once your application's decision is made within 12 months, the system don't flag you anymore. You just have to wait for one year, Jan 9. If you don't get oath till then, they will manually schedule you.

They did that for me. I called them last week (my app was received on Nov 3). They scheduled me for oath on Dec 08 (Yes they are doing it on Saturday) . I saw this note on ecas too. Good luck.
Congrats....Where is your Oath Scarborough/Mississauga?