London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Reactions: jsm0085

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Hi Everyone;

Anyone from Toronto or GTA who has applied to citizenship on October 2017 and still waiting for a decision or invitation for oath? I'll appreciate gathering some data to see where I am now.
I'm in similar situation and you can find my timeline in my signature. There is no distinct pattern so I don't think it would help :(

Gigibanat

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Hello every one. I have noticed recently that many people received their oath letters by email only. There is a possible strike for Canada post soon. May be you should watch out for that; may be that is why they're sending the invitations electronically now? One more thing: Do not send your passport applications by post. You go in person to passport office and hand it to them for two reasons: First, many people I know have lost their applications and the office said they never received them, happened to me when applying to PR renewal although the post confirmed delivering it. Second, the Canada post strike might start any minute and you do not want anything to delay you. Good luck every one!

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello every one. I have noticed recently that many people received their oath letters by email only. There is a possible strike for Canada post soon. May be you should watch out for that; may be that is why they're sending the invitations electronically now? One more thing: Do not send your passport applications by post. You go in person to passport office and hand it to them for two reasons: First, many people I know have lost their applications and the office said they never received them, happened to me when applying to PR renewal although the post confirmed delivering it. Second, the Canada post strike might start any minute and you do not want anything to delay you. Good luck every one!
They have been sending oath and test invitations via email unless the applicant didn't supply an email address. There are other, trackable, ways to send your passport application without CP, if you can't drop it off in person. I would hope that they are using courier service to send them back out if CP is on strike.

Reactions: Gigibanat

Gigibanat

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
They have been sending oath and test invitations via email unless the applicant didn't supply an email address. There are other, trackable, ways to send your passport application without CP, if you can't drop it off in person. I would hope that they are using courier service to send them back out if CP is on strike.
When I called them, around a month ago, the lady told me I will be notified online through ECAS and by mail. My friend did not receive any emails.

rfasihi

Star Member
Aug 5, 2012
App sent dec 27,2017
Acknowledge Feb 06, 2018
Test April 05
DM June 06
Still wait for oath
Scarborough
Family of four

Any friend with similar dates

Reactions: ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
App sent dec 27,2017
Acknowledge Feb 06, 2018
Test April 05
DM June 06
Still wait for oath
Scarborough
Family of four

Yes, I have similar dates but a bit earlier, still waiting for Oath, what are they saying when you called?

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
[QUOTE="rfasihi, post: 7246626, member: 298873"
]App sent dec 27,2017
Acknowledge Feb 06, 2018
Test April 05
DM June 06
Still wait for oath
Scarborough
Family of four

Any friend with similar dates[/QUOTE]

Application Sent: Dec-27-2017
Acknowledgement: Feb-06
Test: May-29 (I Passed, my wife failed)
Wife's Test: 19 July
Oath: Sep-26

Reactions: Gigibanat

rfasihi

Star Member
Aug 5, 2012
[QUOTE="rfasihi, post: 7246626, member: 298873"
]App sent dec 27,2017
Acknowledge Feb 06, 2018
Test April 05
DM June 06
Still wait for oath
Scarborough
Family of four

Application Sent: Dec-27-2017
Acknowledgement: Feb-06
Test: May-29 (I Passed, my wife failed)
Wife's Test: 19 July
Oath: Sep-26[/QUOTE]

Great.. luck
Congratulations

la_dura_sorte

Apr 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

My mom finally had her oath on Sept 17 at 12:30pm at Mississauga (originally Scarborough office, Nov 2017 applicant, 55+). She also received a passport with urgent processing for next business day pick up as she had the flight booked. Be aware though, passport office clerk was very rude, and instigating us that he started keeping on mentioning how he doesn't believe that my mom has stayed in Canada for the last 5 years as she actually went back to her country in April and came back for the interview in May (and I said she was granted citizenship based on her history, and he could actually check for my mom's travel history if he wants). He also said that he doesn't believe that my mom is returning back to Canada as her returning ticket is booked for next year. I thought as a Canadian, it doesn't matter where I live and what I do as long as it is not against the law. And I didn't know that as a Canadian, we are treated as a some sort of criminal as he was doubting our intension. Even criminals are innocent until proven guilty!! Anyways, that clerk was just being a jerk and abusing his authority through unconscious bias based in her urgent processing request. There is differences on being strict and being a jerk. I will definitely have my formal complaint out to the passport office and make sure that agent gets disciplinary act, as I strongly believe in Canadian culture that promotes respect and dignity.

Sorry for the long post. But at the end my mom has her passport and will fly out soon.
Thank you again for the amazing support and info, it's been very helpful on my end. And good luck with everyone as well!!

Admin, keep up the good work!!! You guys rock!!

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi everyone,

My mom finally had her oath on Sept 17 at 12:30pm at Mississauga (originally Scarborough office, Nov 2017 applicant, 55+). She also received a passport with urgent processing for next business day pick up as she had the flight booked. Be aware though, passport office clerk was very rude, and instigating us that he started keeping on mentioning how he doesn't believe that my mom has stayed in Canada for the last 5 years as she actually went back to her country in April and came back for the interview in May (and I said she was granted citizenship based on her history, and he could actually check for my mom's travel history if he wants). He also said that he doesn't believe that my mom is returning back to Canada as her returning ticket is booked for next year. I thought as a Canadian, it doesn't matter where I live and what I do as long as it is not against the law. And I didn't know that as a Canadian, we are treated as a some sort of criminal as he was doubting our intension. Even criminals are innocent until proven guilty!! Anyways, that clerk was just being a jerk and abusing his authority through unconscious bias based in her urgent processing request. There is differences on being strict and being a jerk. I will definitely have my formal complaint out to the passport office and make sure that agent gets disciplinary act, as I strongly believe in Canadian culture that promotes respect and dignity.

Sorry for the long post. But at the end my mom has her passport and will fly out soon.
Thank you again for the amazing support and info, it's been very helpful on my end. And good luck with everyone as well!!

Admin, keep up the good work!!! You guys rock!!
Well congratulation to your mom you should have tell him it’s was none of his business and he don’t work for IRCC and you should have take his name and file a complaint after you pick up your mom passport as a Canadian we have freedoms but as a Canadian we are also very nice.

la_dura_sorte

Apr 26, 2018
Well congratulation to your mom you should have tell him it’s was none of his business and he don’t work for IRCC and you should have take his name and file a complaint after you pick up your mom passport as a Canadian we have freedoms but as a Canadian we are also very nice.
Thank you!
I feel like he knew I had to be still nice to him even if he was a jerk, cuz I want him to approve urgent processing (and so funny how we are charged for $110 yet they don't guarantee and they ask us to prove why it is urgent) But now she picked up her passport, so all is DONE! Oh Yeah, don't worry, I will call passport Canada to give them my piece of mind! Lol