+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
When you sent a request through web form, did you already pass the 12 months processing timelines or before that? I am a November 2017 applicant, I want to see if It makes sense using it before 12 months have elapsed or not (ie they won't reply if less than 12 months)
I received answers after about 6 months since I had sent my app

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
I received answers after about 6 months since I had sent my app
I sent once after 11 months and they replied in 2 days time stating everything is in order. Wait.
Second time I sent recently 24th Aug 2018 exactly after one year and 10 days from the date of application , no reply yet!!

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
thank you...is there one for 2018?
Is there anyone in this group attended test / interview in August 2018 at Scarborough CIC and received invitation for Oath?
I did the interview on 14th August 2018 and I was told, will get priority for oath date as my application has passed one year, but nothing has happened yet. Inquired using web form and got a reply yesterday saying ‘will be called for oath in due course ‘. Looks like we have to wait for a couple of months, if not more ...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Is there anyone in this group attended test / interview in August 2018 at Scarborough CIC and received invitation for Oath?
I did the interview on 14th August 2018 and I was told, will get priority for oath date as my application has passed one year, but nothing has happened yet. Inquired using web form and got a reply yesterday saying ‘will be called for oath in due course ‘. Looks like we have to wait for a couple of months, if not more ...
I did.

Interview was on Aug-24, 2018 at Scarborough. DM on Aug-25th. Yesterday I received their email for oath. Ceremony is at Mississauga on Sep-26th.

I feel your anxiety my friend, and am pretty sure your's is also on the way.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
I did.

Interview was on Aug-24, 2018 at Scarborough. DM on Aug-25th. Yesterday I received their email for oath. Ceremony is at Mississauga on Sep-26th.

I feel your anxiety my friend, and am pretty sure your's is also on the way.
First of all hearty congrats to you.
I hope mine also comes soon...
But my luck with CIC has been always disappointing! PR Card renewal took 11= months when everyone else got it done in 4 to 8 months!
Now for citizenship my application has completed 1 year and 22 days!
Anyway looking positive....

Sasha1989

Mar 20, 2018
Hello everyone,
Yeasterday I became a Canadian citizen. The journey was frustrated but it worth it definitely.
This tribe was very helpful for me so thank you guys.

The ceremony was lovely event. At 9 am we started checking in. The clerk was leading us through the process. At 9:45 everyone was seated (97 ppl and I was the lucky last one to be fit in this event!) and alomst 10 am the presiding official came into the room.
After giving some lovely opening remarks we had the Oath. Make sure you say it out clearly cuz we have to, otherwise they won’t call you to get you certificate.
After taking the oath we started signing the oath and after, getting our certificates called by name.
Some closing remarks from the judge and then singing the national anthem. That was the last step and the ceremony was closed.

About guests, I had two but the guests area was almost empty, I could've bring more.

Joyful event, best day so enjoy it guys!
All the best for those who still waiting, hang in there soon hopefully it comes.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 26, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 16, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 7, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on September 7, 2018.