+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

dulz93

May 2, 2018
i noticed scarborough is back in the ceremonys page, has anyone actually received an invite from there for the oath?

sam7861

Jul 4, 2018
It took me around 104 days, test may 10, dm August 22.
Okay I see sometime the average DM time is close to 105 days. I am still 15 days away from that. I am a May applicant so I thought I be preferred but I guess not.
Oh well, I guess all I can do it wait and keep refreshing my inbox :p (kidding)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
hello! may I ask if what's the difference of passport office from Service Canada? I'm also planning to get an urgent processing for passport.

thanks!
Hi, Service Canada doesn't do urgent processing. You'd have to apply at a Passport Office directly. Urgent processing is $50 more and would require you to pick it up in person. Also, Service Canada regular processing is slower than passport office.

greenphart

Aug 12, 2018
Hi, kind of off topic.
I will be away on November for 3 weeks. I am a January 2018 applicant passed the test July5 (Scarborough) and got DM the same month. Now, I’m waiting for my oath. Is it possible to inform CIC so that (if ever) oath ceremony won’t conflict during my trip?
Open for thoughts and suggestions:)
Thanks in advance!!

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
By any chance you remember the name of the officer who interviewed you? If so you can inform him.
Use the web form to explain your current situation and ask if you can be absent in November for three weeks.
May be you can upload your travel details document (flight tickets copy) .....

Reactions: greenphart

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi, kind of off topic.
I will be away on November for 3 weeks. I am a January 2018 applicant passed the test July5 (Scarborough) and got DM the same month. Now, I’m waiting for my oath. Is it possible to inform CIC so that (if ever) oath ceremony won’t conflict during my trip?
Open for thoughts and suggestions:)
Thanks in advance!!
You can use the webform to advise them of your travel dates. However it is not guaranteed to work.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Reactions: greenphart

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I guess the backlog seems to have cleared a bit. I got my invite yesterday (via email) and my oath is scheduled for Sept 18th in Mississauga (wrote my test in Scarborough). I see that they also mention the date the decision was made - June 4th.

I will go through the forum, as I remember seeing posts about it, but what should I be expecting in terms of average time there? Need to figure out if I should take a full day off or just a few hours.

Thanks everyone for all the great info!
Updated. Congrats!!

Reactions: deeana_n

flyerfan

May 15, 2012
Admins please update.

First of all, my correct test date was the 28th (I mistakenly wrote the 29th). I wrote the test in Scarborough, there were about 35 taking the test (and about 20 minutes later there was another group in a different room taking the test). The test was easy (scored 20/20) reading Discover Canada twice and you'll do just fine.

I finished the test one of the first but wasn't call in right away. At the interview, the officer asked for ID (no language docs or COPR), chatted about my job, family. lasted maybe 3 minutes, then says your file looks good (I think she wrote on the folder D.M.) and then asks "are you available to take the oath tomorrow the 29th here in Scarborough", and of course I said YES. Well, today I took the oath together with another 100 beautiful new Canadians. (they do need a new AC system there, it is bloody hot).

So from my notice to appear to take the test until after oath - less than a month!

I was a silent follower on this forum, visited almost every day, fascinated by ppl's stories, used ppl's advice, thank you all!

I wish everyone lot's of luck and all the best in the future in this new great country of mine! the sky is the limit!!

I will post this on the Scarborough and Mississauga (My file was first there before being transferred) threads as well.

Signing off.

Last edited:

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Admins please update.

First of all, my correct test date was the 28th (I mistakenly wrote the 29th). I wrote the test in Scarborough, there were about 35 taking the test (and about 20 minutes later there was another group in a different room taking the test). The test was easy (scored 20/20) reading Discover Canada twice and you'll do just fine.

I finished the test one of the first but wasn't call in right away. At the interview, the officer asked for ID (no language docs or COPR), chatted about my job, family. lasted maybe 3 minutes, then says your file looks good (I think she wrote on the folder D.M.) and then asks "are you available to take the oath tomorrow the 29th here in Scarborough", and of course I said YES. Well, today I took the oath together with another 100 beautiful new Canadians. (they do need a new AC system there, it is bloody hot).

So from my notice to appear to take the test until after oath - less than a month!

I was a silent follower on this forum, visited almost every day, fascinated by ppl's stories, used ppl's advice, thank you all!

I wish everyone lot's of luck and all the best in the future in this new great country of mine! the sky is the limit!!

I will post this on the Scarborough and Mississauga (My file was first there before being transferred) threads as well.

Signing off.
Congrats...would you mind sharing with us your full timeline? Thanks....Cheers