+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mom finally got an oath invite today via email for Sept 17, at 1230pm at Mississauga office despite the fact that we have informed IRCC for the unavailability period.
No ecas 5th line update yet, and she is a Nov applicant who took an interview at Scarborough office.

We are going to delay her travel, so that we can at least get her oath.

Question: the letter stated to bring all the original passports. Do they take them away or just to check the ID??

This forum has helped me so much and I want to thank you all for the support and knowledge!
Updated. Congrats. Do you know DM date?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got my oath invite today for September 18th at 9am in Mississauga. Received by email at about 2pm. ECAS has not yet updated.

Here is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 17, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 3, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Also, my family will be in town visiting at the time. Do you think it would be alright if I brought 3 guests? It would be so exciting to have them there with me, but understand if the venue can't accommodate it.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Updated. Congrats!!

Faimalik

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Hello everyone:

For those who have recently received oath invites from Mississauga office for first week of Sep, did your ecas change to reflect addition of #5- information about oath invite? I received my invite on Aug 15 for oath on 04 Sep, however the ecas still has not been updated with addition of point #5.
I received recently and my status on ecase updated after 2 days of invite

Faimalik

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
My application type is family and I received oath invitation by email but rest 3 people( minors) got invitation by regular mail with media form. Do I need to fill their media form separately?

la_dura_sorte

Apr 26, 2018
Congrats.

They wont even look at your passport but just carry it just incase. All they will check is the letter your received to confirm your appointment and also it has your seat # on it, Media release consent, and PR card. They will take away your PR card in the beginning and will give you Citizenship Certificate during ceremony.
Thank you!!

deeana_n

Nov 30, 2017
Hi guys, I guess the backlog seems to have cleared a bit. I got my invite yesterday (via email) and my oath is scheduled for Sept 18th in Mississauga (wrote my test in Scarborough). I see that they also mention the date the decision was made - June 4th.

I will go through the forum, as I remember seeing posts about it, but what should I be expecting in terms of average time there? Need to figure out if I should take a full day off or just a few hours.

Thanks everyone for all the great info!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Need to figure out if I should take a full day off or just a few hours.
Congrats! And a full day-off is wise. For one, it takes around 3 hrs. plus the drive time. For two, it is an important day - so a bit of merry-making is called for, starting with a family brunch at Kelsey's on the way :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my husband is currently overseas with an expired Pr card , had submitted his citizenship application prior to traveling and met his residency obligation , it will take 4 weeks to get a travel document to come to his citizenship interview and therefore he will not make it , can I go instead of him to his interview with all his original documents , and explain to the officer the situation ? We don’t want to postpone his interview because he has only 75 days left in his residency obligation , is it allowed that I go to his interview instead of him ? If he signs a consent ?
No - you absolutely cannot go in his place. If he cannot make the interview then he needs to postpone it. The point of the interview is for the applicant to appear in person - they verify your ID, assess your verbal English/French language abilities and you are required to sign a document. If you go in his place, then I think you'll be putting his application at risk of being refused.

greenphart

Aug 12, 2018
Travel plans are unconfirmed at this point. Once confirmed and If they conflict, I will call the passport office to see what my options are. Hopefully, it works out.
hello! may I ask if what's the difference of passport office from Service Canada? I'm also planning to get an urgent processing for passport.

thanks!