+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Hello everyone:

For those who have recently received oath invites from Mississauga office for first week of Sep, did your ecas change to reflect addition of #5- information about oath invite? I received my invite on Aug 15 for oath on 04 Sep, however the ecas still has not been updated with addition of point #5.
Mine changed however, I have heard of several people that did not see the 5th line before their oath. The email received is more important.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Hello everyone:

For those who have recently received oath invites from Mississauga office for first week of Sep, did your ecas change to reflect addition of #5- information about oath invite? I received my invite on Aug 15 for oath on 04 Sep, however the ecas still has not been updated with addition of point #5.
I have done my test in may and my status changed to "Decision Made" but the last line updated is that "we have started processing your application on Mar 12 2018".

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
I have done my test in may and my status changed to "Decision Made" but the last line updated is that "we have started processing your application on Mar 12 2018".
Thanks #razerblade, #dimma # https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/members/iwodamiorie.482216/
I think once you take the Oath, the agents diligently update the system with new Citizen data. They even announce it before the Ceremony begins, that you can apply for the passport in 2 business days. IMO, I don't think it would cause any delays.
Thanks #razerblade, #Dimma #iwodamiorie #fsarosh for the feedback.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Just got my oath invitation today. It's coming people. Stay strong!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon January 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 10, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Ecas hasn't updated the last part yet but got the invite today. Around 11am.

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Got oath invite for my father at Mississauga for 18th sep. ecase not yet updated with fifth line.

it has been a long struggle and stressful journey for me as I came on my own and a single lady. But it was all worth it and am well settled now. Only one regret that my mother did not made it to citizenship but she always wanted to stay in india till her end and got her wish. I had to immigrate my parents as no one was there in India to look after them.

Thank you all for sharing the information in this forum. I wish for speedy process of applicants still waiting. I understand it’s not easy to keep patience all the time. I had been mostly a silent observer but it all helped and calmed my nerves at times. Lol

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Got oath invite for my father at Mississauga for 18th sep. ecase not yet updated with fifth line.

it has been a long struggle and stressful journey for me as I came on my own and a single lady. But it was all worth it and am well settled now. Only one regret that my mother did not made it to citizenship but she always wanted to stay in india till her end and got her wish. I had to immigrate my parents as no one was there in India to look after them.

Thank you all for sharing the information in this forum. I wish for speedy process of applicants still waiting. I understand it’s not easy to keep patience all the time. I had been mostly a silent observer but it all helped and calmed my nerves at times. Lol
Congrats and Great achievements. Its not easy however you prevailed, very admirable....Cheers

Reactions: Faimalik

camansooeb

Jun 25, 2018

Congratulations, all the best.

Reactions: saini01

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
It seems Scarborough Office is back in business for Oaths...September 21st as per Oath website plus they added 2 more extra ceremonies in Toronto...Interesting..Cheers

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I am schedule for oath on 31 august at 12:30 mississauga. Does anyone know how many guest can I bring? And how long does the ceremony takes in general? Was wondering if i would be able to go back to work for a bit after the ceremony.

Thank you guys in advance
Do you know your Oath invite date?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Congratulations @saini01

Updated the tracker.

Reactions: saini01

la_dura_sorte

Apr 26, 2018
My mom finally got an oath invite today via email for Sept 17, at 1230pm at Mississauga office despite the fact that we have informed IRCC for the unavailability period.
No ecas 5th line update yet, and she is a Nov applicant who took an interview at Scarborough office.

We are going to delay her travel, so that we can at least get her oath.

Question: the letter stated to bring all the original passports. Do they take them away or just to check the ID??

This forum has helped me so much and I want to thank you all for the support and knowledge!

Reactions: iwodamiorie

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
My mom finally got an oath invite today via email for Sept 17, at 1230pm at Mississauga office despite the fact that we have informed IRCC for the unavailability period.

We are going to delay her travel, so that we can at least get her oath.

Question: the letter stated to bring all the original passports. Do they take them away or just to check the ID??

This forum has helped me so much and I want to thank you all for the support and knowledge!
Congrats.

They wont even look at your passport but just carry it just incase. All they will check is the letter your received to confirm your appointment and also it has your seat # on it, Media release consent, and PR card. They will take away your PR card in the beginning and will give you Citizenship Certificate during ceremony.

pdrg

May 16, 2013
Finally got my oath invite today for September 18th at 9am in Mississauga. Received by email at about 2pm. ECAS has not yet updated.

Here is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 17, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 3, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Also, my family will be in town visiting at the time. Do you think it would be alright if I brought 3 guests? It would be so exciting to have them there with me, but understand if the venue can't accommodate it.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Finally got my oath invite today for September 18th at 9am in Mississauga. Received by email at about 2pm. ECAS has not yet updated.

Here is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 17, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 3, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Also, my family will be in town visiting at the time. Do you think it would be alright if I brought 3 guests? It would be so exciting to have them there with me, but understand if the venue can't accommodate it.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Congrats. Yes, 3 guests should be fine. :)