+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
My major intersection is Donmills and Eglinton.. and I usually take 401
As someone else suggested, you should take the DVP - Gardiner Expy W and QEW based on where you live. My oath was also at 9 in Mississauga, I drove on 404 from Markham and hit the the 401 by 7:05 am; got there by 7:45. Had time for breakfast with my family.

Some people love to live on the edge, so they don't mind getting there at 9 (just in time), while others like to be at their destination very early.

To clarify, from my experience and what others have reported, the actual ceremony doesn't start till around 9:45 am. I think they start checking in people's documents from about 8:30.

Faimalik

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
As someone else suggested, you should take the DVP - Gardiner Expy W and QEW based on where you live. My oath was also at 9 in Mississauga, I drove on 404 from Markham and hit the the 401 by 7:05 am; got there by 7:45. Had time for breakfast with my family.

Some people love to live on the edge, so they don't mind getting there at 9 (just in time), while others like to be at their destination very early.

To clarify, from my experience and what others have reported, the actual ceremony doesn't start till around 9:45 am. I think they start checking in people's documents from about 8:30.
Thank you very much for ur detailed answer.. I do the same take DVP and then 401... I was thinking to leave by 7 and if there would be time.. we will have breakfast..

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Hello everyone:

For those who have recently received oath invites from Mississauga office for first week of Sep, did your ecas change to reflect addition of #5- information about oath invite? I received my invite on Aug 15 for oath on 04 Sep, however the ecas still has not been updated with addition of point #5.

Reactions: Faimalik

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello everyone:

For those who have recently received oath invites from Mississauga office for first week of Sep, did your ecas change to reflect addition of #5- information about oath invite? I received my invite on Aug 15 for oath on 04 Sep, however the ecas still has not been updated with addition of point #5.
Some reported here that it took 10-15 days after receiving oath invite email for ECAS to update.

Reactions: aquareo

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Some reported here that it took 10-15 days after receiving oath invite email for ECAS to update.
Thanks razerblade. Just wondering if this delay in online system update would have any impact in processing of passport application few days after oath in case Service Canada officials review ecas status for confirmation other than your citizenship certificate (IRCC indicates waiting minimum 2 business days after oath to apply for passport).

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks razerblade. Just wondering if this delay in online system update would have any impact in processing of passport application few days after oath in case Service Canada officials review ecas status for confirmation other than your citizenship certificate (IRCC indicates waiting minimum 2 business days after oath to apply for passport).
I think once you take the Oath, the agents diligently update the system with new Citizen data. They even announce it before the Ceremony begins, that you can apply for the passport in 2 business days. IMO, I don't think it would cause any delays.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Hey guys, I am schedule for oath on 31 august at 12:30 mississauga. Does anyone know how many guest can I bring? And how long does the ceremony takes in general? Was wondering if i would be able to go back to work for a bit after the ceremony.

Thank you guys in advance

Reactions: Rushdanalb

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey guys, I am schedule for oath on 31 august at 12:30 mississauga. Does anyone know how many guest can I bring? And how long does the ceremony takes in general? Was wondering if i would be able to go back to work for a bit after the ceremony.

Thank you guys in advance
Takes roughly 2 hours long. I don't think there is a hard limit on the number of guests for Mississauaga, but the seats are limited. As I suggested earlier, best to be courteous and bring 2 guests at the most.

Reactions: deeana_n

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
It is Normal , No need to worry , In my case there is no oath invite line appeared ever in ECAS , After my oath ECAS status changed completed adding line #5 as "You become citizen on ------" .