Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Sorry for an off-topic post. Those who applied for a Canadian Passport, are/were you able to check the status online ? I applied this morning and was told processing time is 5 weeks lol. They said I can visit www.passportcanada.gc.ca to check the status, but that website is down.

@rajmalhotra7 , any idea ? Thanks!
They tell like that but you will get earlier than the delivery date. They told me it will take 3 weeks but got in 4 days.

Reactions: razerblade

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Applied at Service Canada. I should've applied at the Passport office directly. Didn't realize the processing times are so different. I hope it's faster than what they quoted.

Do you know if there is a way to check the status online ?
Although there is no instant status check, you can request status through this link : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx

They take 3 business days to reply. Lol.

CA_ LIFE

May 15, 2013
Sorry for an off-topic post. Those who applied for a Canadian Passport, are/were you able to check the status online ? I applied this morning and was told processing time is 5 weeks lol. They said I can visit www.passportcanada.gc.ca to check the status, but that website is down.

5 weeks. I applied this morning too at Scarborough. The officer said 10 days. But expect it within a week.

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
There are people waiting for months on end and some are even willing to travel to another province for their Oath.....you are worried about your office for a few hours???....my suggestion is if you are so worried about going back to the office..then maybe call IRCC and reschedule your Oath for another time and then take time off work on that particular day. This will atleast give someone else a chance in your place who has been waiting for a long time. Cheers
I have waited four months for this day as well, don't act like it was served to me in a silver platter. Why I need to go work is my my personal problem, I only asked time duration so I can decide if I need the entire day off or halc day , because unlike some people i have responsibility at work and I need to inform my employer of my absence. And I live in Scarborough, I Don't drive, and it'll take me forever to get to Mississauga, still not complaining about why my file was transferred to Mississauga when i live in Scarborough.

If you can't answer my question or can't help, just stay silent and ignore my message, there is no need to act like a jerk. Not everyone has the luxury to take a day off. If you are jealous of other people getting oath then I can only pray to god to help you. Such a jerk

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Roughly 2 hours. If there is a limit on the number of guests you can bring, it would say so on the invite. Otherwise, best to be courteous and bring 2 people at the most.
I read the letter few times but I don't see any mention of even bringing guests, it only says kids are welcomed but bring a family member who can take care of the kids in case they start crying or something like that. But nowhere it mentions that I am even allowed to bring any guests. I was thinking of inviting two, that's why wanted to be sure if I can bring two guests, otherwise I'll just bring one, thanks for your help

Reactions: iwodamiorie

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada

5 weeks? Website says 20 days, does that mean 20 business days? Even then it'll be 4 weeks? Which office did you submit to? Someone told me the Victoria St downtown office is faster

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012

That's what I was told when I applied at the Service Canada instead of the passport office. It took 4 weeks to get it in the mail, to the day..

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
That's what I was told when I applied at the Service Canada instead of the passport office. It took 4 weeks to get it in the mail, to the day..
ah damn! That's long. Should've directly applied at the PP office. People are getting it within 2 weeks.