+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

pmasud88

Jun 13, 2018
Yeah, I noticed more so the ones who gave their test in Apr/May are getting Oath invites recently. I maybe wrong but this was my observation.
I gave my exam on Feb. 06th and decision made same day. Haven't heard anything after. just waiting patiently!
Yes I did my test on feb 6 Th also waiting for oath.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Needs your expert advice.
1. If same family adult Ecas is updated as Decision made but children there is no update under Ecas after IP.
Is it usual or no ?
2. What is rough time line from decision made to oath invite @ Scarborough office ?
3. Is it allowed to travel while waiting for oath invitation? Do they recheck travelling dates or details on oath day ?

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Well, I have seem to have an abundance of oath invites now:

1. We sent you a notice on June 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 1, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

2. We sent you a notice on June 15, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 6, 2018 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Guess I will call them and find out what's what.

A.
Well, this is not optimal. I confirmed with IRCC that they have moved me to July 6, but that will not leave me enough time to get a passport before I travel on July 9th. So I've sent them a note via the web form explaining, and pleading to be moved back to July 1 on the advice of a very nice call centre agent.

I am hoping I get an agent with some compassion, as I really do not want to go back to the end of the line.

Cheers,

A.

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
1. If same family adult Ecas is updated as Decision made but children there is no update under Ecas after IP.
Is it usual or no ?
2. What is rough time line from decision made to oath invite @ Scarborough office ?
3. Is it allowed to travel while waiting for oath invitation? Do they recheck travelling dates or details on oath day ?
1. - I don't know. I'll let other people input on this
2. It's case to case. For me - test was on February 27th and got invitation for Oath on May 18th. You can check the spreadsheet (link in my signature) with timelines for the month you started your application and see all people from Scarborough there as well.
3. Yes, you can travel, but make sure you are able to come back if you get oath invitation. I heard it takes very long time to reschedule the ceremony (it's as if you don't want to take it when we tell you, so you will wait forever then)
And no, they don't check your paperwork anymore during the Oath. You need to bring your CoPR or landing document, your PR card and invitation letter. They also ask to bring your Driver's license and Health card, but don't really check those.

Last edited:
Reactions: ummi

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Is it usual or no ?
1. Minor application depend upon their parent's application, so they can't become citizen before their parent is a Canadian Citizen. Therefore it is normal.
2. 2-4 months
3. It is allowed to travel while you are waiting for Oath invitation.

Reactions: ummi

ferrry

Jun 20, 2018
I gave my exam on March. 28th in Scarborough and still in process would you please tell me when my file move to DM. ?

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
I gave my exam on March. 28th in Scarborough and still in process would you please tell me when my file move to DM. ?
It depends from when processing office is done with background checks on your file. Did they mention anything to you during your interview?

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
No I gave my finger print to them and he told me congratulation.
I would say just wait. Scarborough is a slow office. You can start worrying or follow up with them when your application exceeded 1 year processing time. When did you apply?

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
received 25 Oct
acknowledge 6 Dec
Start Processing 18 Dec
sent email 28 Feb
Test 28 March
They still have 4/5 months to be within 1 year. There are still people that applied in July 2017 waiting for oath, so be patient.
It could also be as simple as someone forgot to update your ECAS.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
received 25 Oct
acknowledge 6 Dec
Start Processing 18 Dec
sent email 28 Feb
Test 28 March
Maybe get your area's MP(Federal Member of Parliament) involved and ask for status update via their office.

elangova

Feb 12, 2014
Hi All,

I have been try to reach IRCC thru toll free number, after selecting appropriate options, the call is getting disconnected by saying that, "At this moment we cannot transfer the call". Please advise how to connect IRCC. I gave my test on 19th March and DM on 20th March. I did not hear from IRCC after that. Please advise

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi All,

I have been try to reach IRCC thru toll free number, after selecting appropriate options, the call is getting disconnected by saying that, "At this moment we cannot transfer the call". Please advise how to connect IRCC. I gave my test on 19th March and DM on 20th March. I did not hear from IRCC after that. Please advise
Try morning around 8- 8.30 a.m . You can surely speak with an agent.