+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Vladizza

Jun 15, 2017
Don’t feel disillusioned. It’s very frustrating, I agree, and I’m wondering, with so many ceremonies scheduled for May, how come no one on this forum (after the first few two weeks ago) has got an invite.
Clearly there is some internal issue that we’re unaware of.
But, because of this process that is, quite clearly, affecting many, don’t feel that this wonderful country doesn’t want you.
You’ve come so far...it’s more streamlined than it was in years past, it’ll happen, and you’ll, all of a sudden, forget this angst.
Good luck to all.
Thanks!

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Was this before C-24? or after?

Before C-24 it used to take years, i know someone who's citizenship application took 4 years end-to-end, that was in 2011 which was not very unusual at the time.
After C-24. She got DM in 3 months or so but had to wait little over 12 months for oath.

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
I do not know the reason of delays but applicants from Scarborough office are adversely affected compared to others when it comes to oath invites

Last edited:
The officer told me only that by 1 year mark I should get an answer (or everything done). I think she said 'an answer', then she asked me to leave because there were many other people waiting to be interviewed. Strange.
My friend told me that there was no explanation (probably there was something very general, like not enough proofs that she will live in Canada, because the law was such that they could do almost whatever they wanted, it was 6 years ago) and that she was in shock as well as her lawyer who wanted to go to media and escalate it further. But my friend gave up finally, because she already moved to Spain for work, and actually didn't care much. OK, that's an ugly story, and I applied almost two months after I gathered 1460 days. Let's hope we don't share the same destiny. My daughter is born here, I'm staying anyway. With PR you can live equally more or less the same life, but it's somehow nuisance to always be in a second tier, and with the feeling that the country that you're living in doesn't want you.
Based on the information provided regarding your case, there is nothing that show that Canada is a "country that does not want you". If Canada "does not want you" you will not event be here to apply for citizenship.
Like someone wrote above, your friend's story is an anomaly. People just don't get rejected for citizenship, I am sure there is more to it. Good luck and keep positive.
My PR took me 13 years and that has taught me a lot about patience and I still maintain my positivity as that is what kept me going.

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
Hi Devs,

Finishedy teat Mar 22nd and status changed to DM next day itself.

As per what your saying is that it will say that on the online status it will say oath letter sent ?

Also do you get an email when oath letter is sent ?

My test date was Jan 10 in Scarborough.
Decision was made and online status updated on March 23
My online status was updated today stating a letter was sent on April 12 and my oath date is May 4

This should help you estimate your timeline.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Is the staff at Scarborough IRCC on vacation? DId anyone get Oath Invite?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Did you call to ask?
Also I saw someone talking about something called GCMS note that you can order to check detailed status
Yes I did,they waiting for a slot for Oath over 5 months. I am so tired of waiting when people Who applied after me already get Oath Invite.