App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Scarborough is sleeping man, just last month or I will lose 6k for Travel p. I m in urgent case but still no sign .. so much frustrating, checking at least 10 times a day email and online lolol .. I believe some of us are at the same situation
We are planning to travel too. Can you please advise if we can use our PR card and our passport of the country of origin to buy the tickets?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Our interview is scheduled for this month at Scarborough. Not sure when our application will be finalized.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
We are planning to travel too. Can you please advise if we can use our PR card and our passport of the country of origin to buy the tickets?
why not.. there is no rule stopping you from travel.. as long as you have a valid PR card and passport from your origin country, you should be good to travel. idea is to make sure you dont travel closer to your oath ceremony. it all depends on what your home country is.. and if it is legal to use your passport even after getting canadian citizenship.

Reactions: Suin

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........

A.H.A

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
There is no problem to book your tickets as long as u have passport , the problem is with our oath dates , never know when it will be .. so we might be out of the country or befor that .. f u go with your PR and get oath invitation you can postpone your ceremony date but I need to use or travel with my Canadian passport so need it befor my travel and hope to get it

Reactions: Suin

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Scarborough is sleeping man, just last month or I will lose 6k for Travel p. I m in urgent case but still no sign .. so much frustrating, checking at least 10 times a day email and online lolol .. I believe some of us are at the same situation
They are not sleeping they are just not agonized.Two weeks ago September applicants was getting Oath invite like rain falling we were also so excited then boom nothing. I have a feeling someone screwed up with the invite because there is still july and August applicants waiting and then one of July applicant with DM over 6 months they transfer his file to Mississauga office something is definitely cooking in Scarborough IRCC and it’s n Oath Invite.

A.H.A

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
They are not sleeping they are just not agonized.Two weeks ago September applicants was getting Oath invite like rain falling we were also so excited then boom nothing. I have a feeling someone screwed up with the invite because there is still july and August applicants waiting and then one of July applicant with DM over 6 months they transfer his file to Mississauga office something is definitely cooking in Scarborough IRCC and it’s n Oath Invite.
Honestly not sure why is happening with Scarborough office

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. No news at my side. As you said, I believe it will be taking full 12 month, I even hope not more!! This is ridiculous and i can't justify the delay.

How did you get informed that your file is being transferred? Did you ask for it?
I specifically asked the agent if my application is still in Scarborough. He was nice. He put me on hold for few minutes and then told that my application is being transferred to Mississauga but yet to get there.

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
The only point you are missing here is that people are getting uneasy because they see applications around them moving faster. Consider Donald Duck, SpiceIsland.. as per the sheet, Donald Duck is the only person from July who is still waiting (from the list of people who are entered in the sheet. there may be others from July who are still waiting, but we dont know). and when he sees October applicants from the same office getting invites, he has every reason to be pissed off. its not about the 12 month timeline. its about being fair towards everyone. if everyone is getting the invite in their 12th month, then i would agree. i dont have any issues waiting till my 12th month. i can plan my vacations easily. everyone's situation is different.
Exactly!

Reactions: HAPPYFAN

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
There is something odd going on with DD’s application, that much is evident, seeing as its being shuffled between offices. So all due respect to him, I don’t think his can be considered when talking about fair and not.
I hope there is nothing odd going on other than bad luck! At least there is no legitimate reason. Also, during my last call the agent told that my application is fine and he did not see any notes indicating otherwise. He said I should get invite before 12 months. Not sure why my case can not be considered to discuss about fairness.

SSB1992

Apr 1, 2018
Out of curiosity, if you are unable to make it to the oath ceremony due to travelling and have to reschedule it, does anyone know what the timeline is for the next time they schedule you?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I hope there is nothing odd going on other than bad luck! At least there is no legitimate reason. Also, during my last call the agent told that my application is fine and he did not see any notes indicating otherwise. He said I should get invite before 12 months. Not sure why my case can not be considered to discuss about fairness.
I don’t think it’s bad luck I think Scarborough office is just mess up. It’s one of the main office in the GTA they don’t have a full time judge they don’t sent Oath Invite in the order that application is receive they are not agonized only god knows what’s going on in their office if they cannot handle the July August and September applicants which is way less than the October applicants what are they going do when it’s time for all the October applicants to get Oath Invite there’s a lot on this forum what’s about all the applicants out there I guess they will keep shuffling them from one office to the other.