CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hello Guys!

Just had my Oath on Saturday. Wanted to share my experience with you friends.

It was me and my son who were taking oath. We almost missed the reported time as we were picking one of my cousin as a guest to attend the ceremony. Anyway, we were may be the second to last candidates to get in. It was packed. I think 100 people were taking oath that day. Around 50 more guests were there. I could only bring my wife in. My cousin eventually had to stay away as they were not allowing more than one guest per invitee.

It was smooth and fun process. Judge was witty and funny. He welcomed us and Spring weather at the same time. He gave us some prep talks and small related stories to keep thing interesting. I think the same judge is working for Mississauga as he mistakenly mentioned Mississauga in stead of Toronto or Scarborough. Probably full time there as he made the mistakes several times.

Oath taking was great. Had a great feeling within. Certificate giving ceremony was eventful as Judge was asking each of us about their work and school as appropriate. Was making some witty comments sometimes with the audience. Whole thing took around an hour. We left the venue by 12:10 PM. It started around 11:15 PM.

People were taking pictures and hugging each others. It was indeed a memorable day for all of them present there. Glad the journey has finally come to an end. Clerk mentioned we could apply for passport on coming Wednesday and getting ready for that :D

I want to thank all the members of this forum. Many helped me unconditionally and doing the thick and thin times. I wish some of you that are waiting for oath like Spiceland, pasi and numerous others will get their soon. Hold on tight - time will come :)

From a proud Canadian :)
Congrats! So happy for you and your family what a beautiful day it was to have a ceremony.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
you should have responded to his post.. not mine :) hopefully people don't think I did the oath .. hahaha
HA ha ha my bad

YANF

Apr 23, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 22, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 2, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 27, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 18, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please
  5. Today, DM was showed

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 22, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 27, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 18, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please
  5. Today, DM was showed
I guess you in Toronto? Given your long wait after IP

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
  5. Today, DM was showed
Congrats! And I was worried about myself.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
They didn’t even post any new dates I guess it’s a Judge thing.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I was checking this too.. many people got invites for May and still they have not posted those dates also.. they are so slow.
They like keeping us and our toes at least if they post the Oath dates we have hope they might invite us.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
They like keeping us and our toes at least if they post the Oath dates we have hope they might invite us.
Seems they do it the other-way around, they issue the Oath invites first and then post the ceremony dates on the website.

The ceremonies dates posted on the website rarely go beyond 2 weeks ahead, and usually they send the Oath invites 3-4 weeks before the actual ceremony.