+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hello All,

Happy to say I am a proud Canadian citizen now. I had my ceremony on 16th dec at university of Toronto in the convocation hall.. I must say i thought it is my Graduation ceremony coz the hall was so huge and pretty historic. There were 500 people who were given citizenship yesterday. I am sure lot of people got cleared from the backlock.
My ceremony was at 9.30 as mentioned on my invite although i reached at 9 am to verify my documents. Good i did that since i did not know 500 people would show up for the ceremony. Many were wearing nice business casuals n looking extremely good.
I stood in the queue for verification and my husband was asked to sit in the guest area. they checked my pink invite letter, my PR card and the landing paper or permanent residence confirmation paper. After that i went to the lady who took my PR card away and signed me in and gave me the welcome package which has the national anthem and some free passes to parks and other areas.
I got seated on my assigned seat which is the number mentioned on the pink invite letter that is the order in which you would be called to give the certificate.
There were distinguished guests present on the stage alongwith the judge on the stage and before the ceremony could begin there were people playing some soothing songs.
After the judge gave some opening remarks we took the oath in english and french after which we were given the certificates in the order of our seating along with a flag and Canada 150 batch. After receiving the certificate we went out in line and signed the citizenship letter (2 signatures) and came back in and sat on our seats. After the distinguished guests gave the speeches we all stood and sang Oh Canada!! and the ceremony concluded by taking pics with all the guests and the judge. My ceremony was 3 hr long due to so many people and lot of speeches by the guests.
Must say it was an amazing moment after waiting so long and to be recognized as a Canadian Citizen.
I thank everyone on this forum who has helped me and it was a like a family here reading others posts and commenting and sharing, providing support. I would continue to do that. I wish everyone all the best and soon each one of you would be able to witness this moment and feel proud.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hello All,

Happy to say I am a proud Canadian citizen now. I had my ceremony on 16th dec at university of Toronto in the convocation hall.. I must say i thought it is my Graduation ceremony coz the hall was so huge and pretty historic. There were 500 people who were given citizenship yesterday. I am sure lot of people got cleared from the backlock.
My ceremony was at 9.30 as mentioned on my invite although i reached at 9 am to verify my documents. Good i did that since i did not know 500 people would show up for the ceremony. Many were wearing nice business casuals n looking extremely good.
I stood in the queue for verification and my husband was asked to sit in the guest area. they checked my pink invite letter, my PR card and the landing paper or permanent residence confirmation paper. After that i went to the lady who took my PR card away and signed me in and gave me the welcome package which has the national anthem and some free passes to parks and other areas.
I got seated on my assigned seat which is the number mentioned on the pink invite letter that is the order in which you would be called to give the certificate.
There were distinguished guests present on the stage alongwith the judge on the stage and before the ceremony could begin there were people playing some soothing songs.
After the judge gave some opening remarks we took the oath in english and french after which we were given the certificates in the order of our seating along with a flag and Canada 150 batch. After receiving the certificate we went out in line and signed the citizenship letter (2 signatures) and came back in and sat on our seats. After the distinguished guests gave the speeches we all stood and sang Oh Canada!! and the ceremony concluded by taking pics with all the guests and the judge. My ceremony was 3 hr long due to so many people and lot of speeches by the guests.
Must say it was an amazing moment after waiting so long and to be recognized as a Canadian Citizen.
I thank everyone on this forum who has helped me and it was a like a family here reading others posts and commenting and sharing, providing support. I would continue to do that. I wish everyone all the best and soon each one of you would be able to witness this moment and feel proud.
Congratulation,that’s was a lot of people it’s a nice way to end year.

Reactions: Shweta.iyer

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Yes they also mentioned that before the ceremony they again go through the background check and files of every candidate who will be called for the ceremony to double check if all the security clearances are in place and everything looks good. I believe thats where @mosafer and @Mina72 files were verified and found something amiss and they cancelled their oaths at the last minute... But something the judge mentioned to all of us at the ceremony

Reactions: DohMan

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi all,
I have received an oath invitation by email, but I haven't received any documents by regular mail. Is it OK? Shweta.iyer mentioned some pink paper with a seat number. When do people get this paper?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hi all,
I have received an oath invitation by email, but I haven't received any documents by regular mail. Is it OK? Shweta.iyer mentioned some pink paper with a seat number. When do people get this paper?
I gave them a call a while back, they said that if you received your invitation by email, they would not send you the letter by regular mail.

This is weird because I got my test invite through regular mail, but oath through email, but it is what it is, I guess.

In fact, in the email itself, it says

Please read the attached notice carefully to verify the date/time of your appointment and to ensure you bring all required items listed on the notice in order to be eligible to participate in your Citizenship Ceremony.

Please print, fill out and bring the following:

1. Notice to Appear
2. Media Release Form
3. Prohibitions Form

Reactions: Anvatrix

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
I gave them a call a while back, they said that if you received your invitation by email, they would not send you the letter by regular mail.

This is weird because I got my test invite through regular mail, but oath through email, but it is what it is, I guess.

In fact, in the email itself, it says
Thank you meyakanor!!!

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hello All,

Congratulations!!!

sTAR lu

Dec 5, 2017
Hi Everyone, I appeared for my test (got 20/20) in Scarborough on August 24 and submitted my fingerprint on August 1. Its been almost 3 months to date and my application is still in processing. I called them up but they keep saying that it is under processing and recently background checking was complete.
Any suggestions or advice on how much longer they might take. Thanks.
hi,i did my test on the very same day 24 august still no DM still shows in process.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
if u received notification by Email with date and time you wont recieve mail as its jink useless and u just show up by printing ecas and they will asign u seat from there.

some people insist on getting stuff on junk mail like its end of the world.

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi all,
Congrats @Anvatrix.. I received the invite by physical post hence the pink letter i mentioned.. Yours is email so maybe once you go there you would know.. All the best

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Thank you Shweta.iyer!!! Today I became citizen at Scarborough Centre!!! Now I have to submit application for Passport.
Bro, I was in the exact same ceremony as you (Dec 19 13:00 Ceremony)! Congrats.

I have been in Canada for over 8 years, it was still very surreal (and my mind is still processing it) to finally become a Canadian, after so long.

Abbass

Dec 7, 2011
ECAS stated on Friday that a letter has been sent for oath on Jan 05, no email or letter received so far. Canada Post says 2 days for local deliveries, may be due to Christmas season....