Med's Request
7-2-2012
Med's Done....
second 9-5-2012
Passport Req..
25-6-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-7-2012
Urgent!!! Hi guys, I have received an Oath invite on Dec 12th. Today I received a call from a private number. She introduced herself and told me that my Oath has been cancelled due to background check. She knows my name and the date of the Oath. No official letters were sent. Please advice, is the phone call enough for the officials to cancel the Oath? Should I still appear for the ceremony?
It happened to me too, they confirmed that the ceremony has been canceled.... have to wait for a new invitation!

Mina72

May 25, 2017
My status change to in process from decision made!!! I don’t know what is the meaning?! It has been changed to decision made after test...
Same for me, the status reverted to "In process" after the phone call, seems we are on the same boat, I m April applicant, done the test in October, Oath supposed to be December 12th. Please keep me updated if anything changes.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
How should I do it?
@Mina72, @mosafer, and anyone else who got the cancelled oath phone call ...

You can order GCMS notes on your file via the link below. Takes a month to receive them though. It should help narrow down why your status changed to IP after DM.

Choose the 'Privacy' act (free) instead of the 'Access to information' act ($5).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Reactions: Weltmeister

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Not sure if I understand.. so they said your case is approved but likely they screw up the scheduling so they have to reschedule?
I did notice Scarborough doesn't any ceremony scheduled for Dec 15 afternoon but only two in the morning.

Scarborough - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
    Address:
    200 Town Centre Court, Suite 300
    Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 4X8
    Date:
    Friday December 15, 2017
    Time:
    9:00 AM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Scarborough - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
    Address:
    200 Town Centre Court, Suite 300
    Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 4X8
    Date:
    Friday December 15, 2017
    Time:
    11:00 AM
    Open to the public:
    Yes
The Dec 15 afternoon (1:30pm) comes back on the CIC page again.

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
The Dec 15 afternoon (1:30pm) comes back on the CIC page again.
Yes , and when I saw that I called CIC again and said I am really confused , the lady said there is nothing wrong with your file , and advised me to go to the ceremony ... And I will
Not sure what is going on , it is unconventional ,if they want to cancel they must email , mail then follow up with a phone call !

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Did they explain why? Clearance not completed?
Hi everyone
Just to update you , the officer that called me the first time called again , saying that my oath is cancelled not to be confused with the whole ceremony which is now on . He said my clearance is not in and I am not the only one a whole bunch of ppl were cancelled for the same reason . He didn't put a note on the system so when I called the CIC agents didn't see anything wrong .
So now this is clear , can someone help me know how long does the clearance take ?

Reactions: SpiceIsland

Mina72

May 25, 2017
Hi everyone
Just to update you , the officer that called me the first time called again , saying that my oath is cancelled not to be confused with the whole ceremony which is now on . He said my clearance is not in and I am not the only one a whole bunch of ppl were cancelled for the same reason . He didn't put a note on the system so when I called the CIC agents didn't see anything wrong .
So now this is clear , can someone help me know how long does the clearance take ?
I m in the same situation. Went to the ceremony and was able to talk to the agent who called me about the cancelation. She said I is their own internal mistake and they will try to expedite the process. Do not want to bring the hopes up, but it happened to a son of my co-worker before and it took 1 month for the second invitation. Let s hope so!

Reactions: razerblade

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I m in the same situation. Went to the ceremony and was able to talk to the agent who called me about the cancelation. She said I is their own internal mistake and they will try to expedite the process. Do not want to bring the hopes up, but it happened to a son of my co-worker before and it took 1 month for the second invitation. Let s hope so!
Scarborough office is Super slooow. There is people who did their test in Mississauga last week and get oath invite on the spot for oath ceremony in January wake up Scarborough.

Purke23

Jul 24, 2017
Hello guys,

I received invitation email this morning for Oath ceremony in Scarborough for January 12 at 10:30. It is 45 days after my test in November 24 th.

I am August applicant. The whole process was 5 months and 12 days.

I wish you everything best!!;)

Reactions: Weltmeister

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello guys,

I received invitation email this morning for Oath ceremony in Scarborough for January 12 at 10:30. It is 45 days after my test in November 24 th.

I am August applicant. The whole process was 5 months and 12 days.

I wish you everything best!!;)
Congrats! So fast, you're lucky

mosafer

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-2-2011
AOR Received.
12-4-2011
Med's Request
7-2-2012
Med's Done....
second 9-5-2012
Passport Req..
25-6-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-7-2012
You mean someone there didn’t do the job properly? I can’t understand when decision made it means everything is ok and done, why they reverted it to “in process “ again?

Last edited: