+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Note: historically many oath dates have not been published online. That is, there are typically more (often many more) oath ceremonies than what is shown by CIC/IRCC online.

Other than the fact that many or most itinerant services ceremonies are not reflected in the online scheduled oath ceremonies, I do not know or even have a clue as to why others are not posted.

TsvetyH

Jul 8, 2017
So, my husband just saw in his timeline that he will go to ceremony on August 8 at Scarborough. But I don't have it in my timeline. We sent our applications together in one envelope. Do you think that they can separate us? Our timelines were the same till now, or maybe they didn't update mine? dpenabill you were right that some ceremony they don't post because still in the website there is no ceremonies in August.
We are September applicants, so it took us almost one year. Also we just sent our documents for PR because they are expired on July 31.

cutechamp

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
So, my husband just saw in his timeline that he will go to ceremony on August 8 at Scarborough. But I don't have it in my timeline. We sent our applications together in one envelope. Do you think that they can separate us? Our timelines were the same till now, or maybe they didn't update mine? dpenabill you were right that some ceremony they don't post because still in the website there is no ceremonies in August.
We are September applicants, so it took us almost one year. Also we just sent our documents for PR because they are expired on July 31.
if you don't mind me asking but when did you apply?

TsvetyH

Jul 8, 2017
I just spoke with them and they said that should change in my timeline too and if It doesn't change till Monday, Tuesday next week to call them back. This is my timeline for the citizenship.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 29, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 17, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on October 19, 2016.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 8, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 28, 2016 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

cutechamp

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I just spoke with them and they said that should change in my timeline too and if I don't change till Monday, Tuesday next week to call them back. This is my timeline for the citizenship.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 29, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 17, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on October 19, 2016.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 8, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 28, 2016 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
This freaks me out. It took from November last year till now to get oath? wow and i've waiting for 3 months and thinking that is long . rip

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
This freaks me out. It took from November last year till now to get oath? wow and i've waiting for 3 months and thinking that is long . rip
I applied in November.. me and @Danny Princy.. we are waiting since a long time too.. gave our tests in february and waiting till now.. I have a vacation and thought my oath would be soon and i wont need visas.. but i was wrong spent around 200 $ + for visas..

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013

At this speed, that means people like me for June 2017 will get the oath ceremony next year then.

TsvetyH

Jul 8, 2017
Today we just received the letter for each of us. The ceremony will be close to York University, not at Scarborough on August 8. Finally.... My timeline still didn't change but I have a letter.
Yes, it's kind of lottery because we had 2 friend 2 weeks before us and they got their ceremonies in March (6 months after applying).
Good luck to everybody.

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Today we just received the letter for each of us. The ceremony will be close to York University, not at Scarborough on August 8. Finally.... My timeline still didn't change but I have a letter.
Yes, it's kind of lottery because we had 2 friend 2 weeks before us and they got their ceremonies in March (6 months after applying).
Good luck to everybody.
Congrats !!!!

I think they are clearing backlog

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Hi guys,

I have just got off the phone with IRCC and I had a very nice lady on the phone. The reason I called is that I will be away next month (from 5th to 27th august) for 3 weeks and I was scared they can schedule the oath ceremony while I am not here, but she told me not to worry as there is no scheduled ceremony in august but she put the notes on my file that I won`t be available for that period. She told me to call back again 2 week after I come back.

She asked me If I mentioned that during the interview, I said no as we were told that the oath could take place between 2 to 4 months and now by seeing how things are going I was just scare to miss it. I asked her why is it taking so long? Is it because of holidays? She said no, it is on case by case as some cases have to go further check but she said my file is ok and just waiting to get scheduled. But as she said not to worry as there is nothing for august.

Thanks

Mickey-Toronto

Apr 11, 2017
TORONTO
Hi guys,

I have just got off the phone with IRCC and I had a very nice lady on the phone. The reason I called is that I will be away next month (from 5th to 27th august) for 3 weeks and I was scared they can schedule the oath ceremony while I am not here, but she told me not to worry as there is no scheduled ceremony in august but she put the notes on my file that I won`t be available for that period. She told me to call back again 2 week after I come back.

She asked me If I mentioned that during the interview, I said no as we were told that the oath could take place between 2 to 4 months and now by seeing how things are going I was just scare to miss it. I asked her why is it taking so long? Is it because of holidays? She said no, it is on case by case as some cases have to go further check but she said my file is ok and just waiting to get scheduled. But as she said not to worry as there is nothing for august.

Thanks
What is phone number?

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..