+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I heard the MP office can help only if you are passed the 12 month processing time.
Is there anything the MP can actually do if it crosses the 12 months mark? Other than ask for the progress on behalf of the applicant..which is probably the same thing as the applicant calling IRCC?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Is there anything the MP can actually do if it crosses the 12 months mark? Other than ask for the progress on behalf of the applicant..which is probably the same thing as the applicant calling IRCC?
I actually know an example from my neighborhood. They had their oath scheduled for last year August and at that time they were not able to attend due to some unavoidable personal reasons. They had requested for a date change, but they did not get a new date until March this year. They approached the MP office and gave a letter. They now have the oath date in April. MP office did intervene here and helped them get a date.

This might not be a good example to compare with our situation. But cases like this can approach the MP office.

Reactions: emamabd

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hi Guys
I understand it is very frustrating to be waiting for oath for long time. My observation is that AOR, IP, TEST DATE, DM are pretty much within acceptable time frames in most of places. Come the oath time there are large variations of time span between different offices. IRCC is the regulatory authority and not liable to disclose or explain theses delays. Most complex is security and background checks which depends on individual circumstances.
Few suggestions if IRCC can implement
1) distributing applicants in nearby areas to achieve fairly equal time span for oath invite
2) may rent bigger places and invite bigger number of applicants in high density areas
3) if resources permit, hold more oath ceremonies in densely populated areas
4) if applicants willing and give choice to travel, they may be adjusted in other areas which may be far but have feasibility to accomodate more applicants

Best of luck

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
They now have the oath date in April. MP office did intervene here and helped them get a date.
This might not be a good example to compare with our situation. But cases like this can approach the MP office.
Thanks, its good to know that MP's can make a difference if the overall leadtime crosses the 12 months mark!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hi Guys
I understand it is very frustrating to be waiting for oath for long time. My observation is that AOR, IP, TEST DATE, DM are pretty much within acceptable time frames in most of places. Come the oath time there are large variations of time span between different offices. IRCC is the regulatory authority and not liable to disclose or explain theses delays. Most complex is security and background checks which depends on individual circumstances.
1) distributing applicants in nearby areas to achieve fairly equal time span for oath invite
2) may rent bigger places and invite bigger number of applicants in high density areas
4) if applicants willing and give choice to travel, they may be adjusted in other areas which may be far but have feasibility to accomodate more applicants

Best of luck
all good suggestions.. i had also mentioned about travelling to other office sometime back in this forum.. dont know why they would do the load balancing..

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
These forums could be very helpfull and sometimes it’s could drive you really crazy. I guess the people who isn’t on these forums are just waiting their 12 months without any obsessing because there’s no one to compare their application with but lucky us we just have to google everything.

Reactions: emamabd

JasonToronto

Apr 9, 2018
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Interview........
05-04-2018
Interesting, did your interviewer tell you anything about when to expect your Oath? I would imagine for a July applicant doing the test in April, there shouldn't be waiting time more than 1-2 months for an Oath invite..

What was the "false" information you were referring to? Is it that statement which was made a couple of days ago that only a few July/August applicants are waiting for Oath?
I was told to just be patient.

Anyways, if anyone goes for a test or oath, please follow up and ask people around you when they applied. this would broaden our perspective

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi Guys

Best of luck
I think the biggest problem is Scarborough don’t have a full time judge if you look at Mississauga Oath schedule all they Wednesday schedule is early morning at 9.45am and Scarborough is at 4.30 and 5.00 and the rest is an Saturday’s so most likely Scarborough is using the judge from Mississauga.Do anyone no a judge looking for a full time job?

Narda

Mar 20, 2018
we are still in August .. October will come eventually.
Hi,

Some of my friends also in August 2017 application. They took the test and passed last Feb 2018 and got DM after a day or two. All of them are waiting for Oath. I know the feeling of waiting. I hope oath will come soon to those who are waiting just like my friends.

guoweng

Mar 23, 2018
September applicant ,past test in November ,DM next day ! It’s already five months waiting still. How long will it take ?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
September applicant ,past test in November ,DM next day ! It’s already five months waiting still. How long will it take ?
Same here August applicant DM 30November let’s home for May or June.

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
October applicant here, passed the test yesterday and Decision Made today. Joining the Scarborough club.
Dear
This is Scarborough . Average time line till oath is around 8-11 months. If you get early test date, you need to wait longer for oath, or if your test date is delayed you will wait less for oath. All Scarborough -ians end up equally in race
Whatever the reasons are, it is for sure , Scarborough is slow. Let us be patient

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Dear
This is Scarborough . Average time line till oath is around 8-11 months. If you get early test date, you need to wait longer for oath, or if your test date is delayed you will wait less for oath. All Scarborough -ians end up equally in race
Whatever the reasons are, it is for sure , Scarborough is slow. Let us be patient
Scarborough don’t have a full time Judge plus they have applicants from all over the GTA.

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Just had a call with IRCC. After 36 mins wait, I was informed everything is normal with my case. Whenever they find a slot I will get an oath invite.
I was told by the interviewing officer, I will get oath invite by Jan 2018. Looking at the spreadsheet people getting oath invite from Dec 2017 doesn't make any sense to me.