+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

S.H

Sep 28, 2017
My file is at Scarborough. I contacted CIC using their web form and within a week they sent me oath invitation
Have you tried that option?

Ell Bee

What did you write in your web form when u Contacted them? It say to not use it if your application is within the normal processing times .. :(

fffllljjjaaa

Sep 21, 2017
Hey guys,
After three-month waiting after DM, finally got the notice to take the oath on Dec 6.
My timeline:
Application received April 10.
AOR sent April 27.
Start processing May 9.
Notice to take the test July 12.
Test taken August 3.
DM August 4.
Received Oath Notice November 16.
Oath December 6.

Finally there. Best wishes to people in this thread!

Matt_Ahmad

Nov 18, 2017
Hi Everyone, I appeared for my test (got 20/20) in Scarborough on August 24 and submitted my fingerprint on August 1. Its been almost 3 months to date and my application is still in processing. I called them up but they keep saying that it is under processing and recently background checking was complete.
Any suggestions or advice on how much longer they might take. Thanks.

vik89

Sep 19, 2017
I am still Nov 2016 applicant waiting for oath.. probably only one left from Nov 2016 group.. :(
You are not the only one waiting . Applied nov too . They keep telling me everything is fine with my file but nothing yet . It’s been over 12months now . So don’t worry you are not alone

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
You are not the only one waiting . Applied nov too . They keep telling me everything is fine with my file but nothing yet . It’s been over 12months now . So don’t worry you are not alone
Mind sharing your timeline so I can add you to the sheet?
Also did you try to request for ATIP to find out anything?

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Hi everyone , citizenship test passed on 24 may 2017 still waiting for oath.
As far as I know, you are to do your oath within 6 months of the rest. If you passed on May 24th then your time expires in 4 days. You should contact CIC immediately concerning your timeline.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you so much , I have called them several times , they say everything is fine , just wait . Btw what is RQ?
RQ is residence questionnaire, you might get a questionnnaire if CIC requires more clarification on your stay in canada.. Anyway there is no hard deadline as 6months after test you will get oath.. they have 12 months processing timelines and only once you exceed that will they take some action so no point calling them everytime as they have the same answer.

Reactions: May24th

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
RQ is residence questionnaire, you might get a questionnnaire if CIC requires more clarification on your stay in canada.. Anyway there is no hard deadline as 6months after test you will get oath.. they have 12 months processing timelines and only once you exceed that will they take some action so no point calling them everytime as they have the same answer.
Since you applied in Nov 16 now you can rightfully say that 12 months are over!!!

Zaid Rehman

Oct 10, 2017
I checked my status this morning and saw the following;

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 12, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 27, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 17, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 20, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
I wasn't expecting things to go that fast after the test :)

Finally, the long awaited moment is about to come.
I also want to mention here that during the painful waiting period, this forum was the best thing to have in life :)

Good luck to everyone else. I hope you all become Canadian citizens soon.

Thank you!

May24th

Nov 16, 2017
Thank you , no they did not give me RQ and thats exactly they said every time I call them . But what I don’t understand is why it’s not first come first serve basis. I can see here people who have written test after May has already taken their oath.