+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

pikko

Nov 11, 2017
Hello, I am an April applicant and I've received my oath invitation via e-mail.
At the beginning of the mail there is this line: REply to this email. You will receive a response.
Do I have to give a reply to CIC? If I do, what kind of reply do they expect? If not, is it enough if I go tho the ceremony at the scheduled date with the necessary documents? Grateful if you can help me with your experience.

pikko

Nov 11, 2017
@geger
Hello Geger,
At the beginning of your oath invitation is there this line in bold characters: REply to this email. You will receive a response.
If so, can you please tell me what have you done? Do I have to send a reply? What kind of reply? Or, should I ignore it and go to the ceremony with the necessary documents and the invitation letter? Thank you.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Just confirm and say you'll be attending the ceremony, end the email with a thanks.

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding the oath email, do we have to reply to this email? In my email nowhere mentioned about replying. It's said reply if you cant attend to the mentioned date and time. Or diff people have diff email?

pikko

Nov 11, 2017
Dear Teaspoon,
In my e-mail at the very beginning, before 1. Le français suit Dear Sir/Madam line, it is written "reply to this e-mail, you will receive a response".
So I did what @canvis2006 suggested (thank you Canvis). I sent a message: 'I confirm that I will be present at the oath of citizenship ceremony on 2017/XXX; time XXX.
I think this is a good idea. It very openly says in bold characters "reply". But maybe e-mails are different as you mentioned. Mine definitely contains this line. In any case replying may cause no harm since it is a confirmation. The people who cannot attend are required to ask for re-scheduling and present a valid excuse.

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my e-mail at the very beginning, before 1. Le français suit Dear Sir/Mada it says nothing it has few ********************* like this and I have read the email almost 10 times and use the search for the keyword " Replay " I didn't find anything. Can anyone help me with this

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
We sent you a notice on November 10, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 4, 2017. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

There's no time for me on on-line services... I haven't received the mail yet or Email.... is that normal?

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
i've just noticed that you only see the time when you receive the official mail... same thing as the test invite...

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
@geger
Hello Geger,
At the beginning of your oath invitation is there this line in bold characters: REply to this email. You will receive a response.
If so, can you please tell me what have you done? Do I have to send a reply? What kind of reply? Or, should I ignore it and go to the ceremony with the necessary documents and the invitation letter? Thank you.
Yes I have that but do we have to reply? I did not do anything. I just printed the documents th ePDF file in it.

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
@geger
Hello Geger,

I think it is a misstate It should be ( Do Not reply to this email, you will not receive any response). I am saying that because on the French portion it says ( I speak French)
Ne pas répondre à ce courriel car aucune réponse vous sera acheminée. Translation (Do Not reply to this email, you will not receive any response)

Thanks guys

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
From the looks of it, yesterday was the last of the oath ceremonies for the month of November. Now there seems to be ceremonies scheduled for first week of December for April applicants. I think May applicants can expect their oath ceremony in Jan, June applicants in Feb!!

I find it little hard to understand that the process from them receiving the application to decision made takes less time than from decision made to oath ceremony. Is it that they have a shortage of citizenship judges? i read that somewhere i think.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Hi Everyone. I received my oath invite by email today after 5 months for Dec 07 2017. Scarborough office.
What time is the oath? Is it usually during the workday?